• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The appreciation thread

Boone1

Just a place to post my... and hopefully your favorite contributors
so they can get a warm fuzzy feeling called "feeling appreciated"

tyklfynd, you rock
bandito you sexy beast
lou panther
cheshire cat :D
snail shell - I love that one "little red riding hood" piece, it makes me smile
tukano - the first art on the topic I ever found

I will update this list because my memory is kind of terrible... I don't even remember what I had for breakfast this morning

however I encourage you to post something for the contributor you love... they deserve a little love

Last edited:
In no particular order.

Ozzy - You shall always be remembered in our ranks. T.T
TomatoDragon - Rock on.
Chad Pet - Always one of my faves.
CheshireCat - Come back. T.T
Nessonite - j00 r t3h r0xx0rs
Hiro M - Leading the anime tickling revolution

Cheshire cat- most def.
bandito- Mi compadre >_<
Nessionite-my fav. cutesy artist X3
Tyklfynd-duh.
Snailshell
Lotsinzero

In addition to the above:

Velly (I really wish she'd pick up her quill again)
DMoore

T. Dragon-much love
Bandito/Lotus(I at least remember you)- new to the scene and already something to...be...scene?(Could not think of anything to rhyme with scene)
chadpet-old school playa
dmoore-slowly comming back and still got it.
khali-Love it, love it
cosqui-still love your art work main(man)
caroo-the one who made furry tickling great
chesire cat-Big thumbs up
Kalamos-where ya go?I miss your work
Loupanther-welcome back, glad you and your work are back
darkconvoy-I guess your retired, but I enjoyed your work.
grimp chimp-Hope everything works out for you, thanks for the work
kahoshiden-Thank you, doing anymore?
faithfeather-one of my faves,
scavenger-Keep being awsome, unless you don't want to
BAC-A legend
vellyz-she was here, was great, and dissapeared.
sammi-chan-big grins

Thank you guys...and cannot think of some other people. Thank you to them as well

Scavenger, for the Secret Military Experiment (among other things)
Nessonite, for Subject A (ditto)
Chad Pet, for old times sake

Okay, in all honesty, I don't get down here to the artists dungeon as often as I'd like, but I will say that creating artworks is, next to producing something like Meka and Papi put together in the clips section, probably the greatest thing one could do for a forum like this.
Most probably don't realize the time and sweat and effort that goes into illustrations, and there's a fine line-up of artists here, busting their balls, producing some really choice stuff! So...THANKS!

In this order :

- Loupanther

- BAC (but I hate his improductivity)

- Ticklfynd

- Shock

- Augustine (one pic so far, but an awesome one)

- FTKL

- Dave 2112

And many others I do not remember right now. Chapeau bas, les gars !

Wow not many people like Ness....that's gratitude for you.

I'm just going to say I like everyone so no one is left out.

I win.

Good move.

;)

Besides, did anybody mention, dunno, Umojar?

Boy, I really dislike these "appreciation" threads.

I, Garimto, am appreciative of the irregularity known as gravity.

That which is to man as though the anchor is to the vessel of dreams? Certainly though such an aspiration exists within the darkest heart of all mankind, to soar throughout the clouds, passing the yard of heaven itself, as though an equal to those who reside within? Such a passing vision remains harmless in a natural state, yet foolish nonetheless. Without such a friend as gravity, certainly men would spiral out of contral, burning up as the vengeful rays of the sun ignite our hearts and spirits, spurning our once youthful dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timewarp

Good move.

;)

Besides, did anybody mention, dunno, Umojar?

Boy, I really dislike these "appreciation" threads.

And? There are gonna be alot of people not mentioned. What about the artist before are time that most, including myself, either do not know or do not remember not getting mentioned? Where is there gratitude? Besides how does having their own seperate sub forums(Ness, Umo) not enough gratitude? No need to try and turn this thread into a popluarity contest, everyone has apreciation for every artist here in their own way.

Quote:

And? There are gonna be alot of people not mentioned. What about the artist before are time that most, including myself, either do not know or do not remember not getting mentioned? Where is there gratitude? Besides how does having their own seperate sub forums(Ness, Umo) not enough gratitude? No need to try and turn this thread into a popluarity contest, everyone has apreciation for every artist here in their own way.

Dae speaks words of wisdom. Threads like this are thin ice...

I've noticed a trend when things like this show up. Most of the artists mentioned tend to be the "legends." Most people mention BAC, or Lou Panther, or Chad Pet. Great artists who most of us came to know as the pioneers of tickling art. And I suppose that's only fair. These people were doing this regularly when a lot of us were still hiding our first tickling sketches with an embarassed grin. And there's no denying their skill and influence in the tickling art scene. I myself don't really care for BAC's art, but even I can't seperate his name from the idea of tickling art. I don't see it as a slight against any of us newer artists. That's just how it works. The ones who've been advertised the most (and deservingly so) are gonna be the ones people remember first.

thank you for understanding the idea.

Please don't turn this into that art or frack thread, that would be disgusting

Quote:

I think both of them are pointing out the problems with threads like these. The point being that since it is in fact an appreciation thread, people that aren't mentioned feel like they aren't appreciated, whether it was intended or not. It could also potentially stop them from contributing.

Besides, it's already a popularity contest, and any threads like this will only turn out to be that.

all I wanted was to point out the people whose style and theme I really really like and give them a virtual pat on the back...

and you have to make it into something wrong... geez

Last edited:
Umojar nailed it: it is already turning into a popularity contest.
Getting a sub forum is a thing; relatively easy task: ask politely and you'll be given.
Being recognised as a legend is another.
And it does not mean you are actually good at it, just popular with users.

Speaking of great legends, I'll add my 2 cents.
Smith.
Tukano.
And since I already mentioned him, Umojar.
Dunno if he'll become an actual legend to tk fans, but his deviant art account has got more hits than whole forums.
And I think he's good.

Problem is, when I say he is good, I might be implying that anybody I failed to mention is not.
Just as Umojar said.

Artists are a quirky lot.
Praise one, and the other might take offence.

What can you do about it?
I do not really know; I can only throw in my own preferences, so artists I like - for a reason or another - won't go forgotten, and I won't feel left out, because nobody else mentioned them.

How about the fact that this topic could allow people to look up artists they haven't seen before paired with artists they are very fond of by a user?

I'm an active participant on trance.nu forums and I've discovered a lot of great tracks because they were listed as favorites by someone who also listed a few of my favorites

There was another thread just like this where our resident Vlad mentioned the aforementioned reasons these threads become so disputed. I will say this though: I thought the reasons artists post their hard work on forums like this is to share them with others. I cannot speak for all artists but I would think that the primary purpose of art is expressing yourself for the sake of expressing yourself.

Having a favourite artist is great, but getting into appreciation threads always creates tension even though the thread creator never intends it that way. By "appreciating" a set of artists, unmentioned artists may become alienated. The only opinion I am going to share is something along the lines of what Umojar said:

The point being that since it is in fact an appreciation thread, people that aren't mentioned feel like they aren't appreciated, whether it was intended or not. It could also potentially stop them from contributing.

If an artist stops posting art on public forums because they are underappreciated in those forums, perhaps they should ask themselves why they became artists in the first place?

This is in no means meant as an attack on artists but when I draw, (crappily I must add :) ) I draw because I want to, not to seek approval, and I think a lot of artists in general have forgotten that.

Last edited:
How about the fact that this topic could allow people to look up artists they haven't seen before paired with artists they are very fond of by a user?
Well, it would work that way if people provided links.
Or at least the right name.
It is "Fair Feather", just to say one.

;)

Dunno. You might mean well, but as they say, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

It is like throwing a compliment to another woman before your own wife.
People get jealous.

Some are more outspoken, some will get back at you when you least expect it.
If you find yourself with a new set of breathing holes and a curved dagger in your face, well, it was the ninja artists squad exacting swift and final revenge!

:D

EDIT:

Oh, and approvation is the greatest coin an artist can get.
You might think you are the "bestest" pencil out there, but unless people support you, you eventually become yet another delusional bum with dreams of grandeur.

Last edited:
There was another thread just like this where our resident Vlad mentioned the aforementioned reasons these threads become so disputed. I will say this though: I thought the reasons artists post their hard work on forums like this is to share them with others. I cannot speak for all artists but I would think that the primary purpose of art is expressing yourself for the sake of expressing yourself.

Having a favourite artist is great, but getting into appreciation threads always creates tension even though the thread creator never intends it that way. By "appreciating" a set of artists, unmentioned artists may become alienated. The only opinion I am going to share is something along the lines of what Umojar said:

If an artist stops posting art on public forums because they are underappreciated in those forums, perhaps they should ask themselves why they became artists in the first place?

This is in no means meant as an attack on artists but when I draw, (crappily I must add :) ) I draw because I want to, not to seek approval, and I think a lot of artists in general have forgotten that.
Well that's the point. I said if they're underappreciated they'll stop POSTING. I doubt they'll give up drawing, but they may not show their artwork anymore.

Like I said before too: I am no artist with no outstanding work to post or true understanding of art so my opinion is one of an outsider, of sorts. The way I see it, as a wannabe artist wanting to become better I use artist's works to make myself better. (Not directly I must add) I'll use a classroom analogy to explain my point:

You are a child in a class. You have an absolutely fantastic teacher who makes you laugh and teaches you material in different but fun ways. You and other classmates feel that you are actually learning what is taught however the teacher's peers do not see it that way. They see the teacher's actions as disruptive to the classroom setting and the class itself. The teacher recognizes this lack of approval, begins to feel alienation and chooses to leave for another school. By leaving for another school, you and the class you are in begins to suffer after the new teacher arrives. By leaving for another school because he/she wasn't appreciated enough by her peers, her students became adversely affected.

When artists stop posting their work because they're underappreciated, they affect the people who do appreciate their work. I have yet to see an artist here be underappreciated. (Doesn't mean it does not exist, just that I have not seen any of it) I appreciate every work of art I see here: From the vivid background detail of Vlad's "Anko" work, to the precise penciling and colouring Umojar puts in to his pieces, most notably his Sammi and Kimiko pics in my view, to the Nessodile's use of colours and shades to portray a happy setting. (That and the cute way she draws chibi :D) Each artist contributes some trait into their artwork and I look to learn from each everyone. A artist not posting would be their choice, but it would alsom be a damn shame too.

EDIT: I gotta learn not to type so damned long... I can't even read through all of it... X_X

When artists stop posting their work because they're underappreciated, they affect the people who do appreciate their work.
People who do appreciate an artist, should make it more apparent, or that artist is never going to know.

What's New

4/29/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums to see who is meeting when and where!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back