• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Where is all the Superbowl discussion ? Where are all the Steelers fans?

FlockOfSeagulls

3rd Level Yellow Feather
First of all I thought it was actually a pretty good engaging game .

I do really believe the better team won and for that matter the substanially better team was in fact the Packers .

I haven`t seen alot of Packers fans on the forum but I really thought by now the Steelers fans would be give their accessment of the game

I just finished talking one in off the ledge so that's a good sign lol

Any team that commits three interceptions is expected to lose.

Any team that commits three interceptions is expected to lose.

Yup. I wanted the packers to lose badly, but the Steelers did not play to win. The better team won. Throwing three more interceptions than the other team is how you lose a game.

I wasn't too interested in the game, but found it quite enjoyable! At first I almost turned it off after it became 17-3 I think. I figured the game was over but the Steelers made a nice little comeback. The good thing was that the Packers won it fair and square, no bad calls, no single play made the game, etc.

We can only hope their quarterback, Chester the Molester behaves himself this offseason.:facepalm2:

You have no idea how hard Steelers fans here in Pittsburgh are taking it. My next door neighbor came out of her apartment weeping. Really weeping. Still was this morning. No shit. So were the guys at her party. See, there's this feel of manifest destiny that if they just make it to the Super Bowl, it's a given they're going to win. I don't think fans of teams that have a great SB history (Steelers, Niners, Cowboys, Packers, etc.) prepare themselves for losses like us Vikings and Buffalo fans do. :D

In any case, it was a great game. The Steelers looked like they were about to mount another miracle comeback, but it wasn't to be. What is it about Pittsburgh that for all the talk of utter dominance and such that they cannot just put someone away in the Super Bowl? Well, wins are wins and Pittsburgh has 6 of them. :)

And now Green Bay has 13 NFL championships. They didn't play their best game, but still a very good one. I'm just not sure what happened to the Steelers. Ben was WAY off his game, Troy Polamalu was a complete non-factor and even James Harrison only had one tackle (but did get a sack).

Ok, I'm not gonna bust on the Steelers for the sake of doing it. It almost really was an incredible comeback. But there is ONE reason I'm glad they lost. For weeks leading up to this game, all the talk was about Ben getting a third ring and "putting him in the same discussions as Brady and Manning". I'm sorry, but I don't care how many rings he gets, there's no comparison. Now, that discussion is put to rest.

I'll give Ben his due. He's a great athlete, a tough mutherfucker, a good escape artist and can thread the needle under pressure. But there's one thing Brady, Manning, Elway, Marino and all the other elite QB's have or had. The ability to manage a game, to carry a depleted team on his shoulders. Basically, I consider Ben Rothlisberger to be Daunte Culpepper actually surrounded by talent. Let's be real...dump Ben in Detroit or Buffalo and see what happens. Peyton Manning can carry a team to the playoffs missing half the starters...so has Brady, Marino and Elway. Had the Steelers lost Hines Ward and Mike Wallace for the year, Pittsburgh would likely have posted a 7-9 on the season. Two Super Bowl rings don't make him elite. He openly admits to playing a terrible game against the Seahawks and stunk up this one. (To be fair, he shined against the Cardinals and had the game of his career.) I mean...Mark Rypien and Trent Dilfer have Super Bowl rings...anyone calling the Hall of Fame for these guys? ;)

Enough about Ben. What really pissed me off was Pittsburgh's defense just not showing up. At least the vaunted playmakers. Granted, they were playing against one of the league's great offenses, so it balances out.

My hat's off to Aaron Rodgers...kept his cool, didn't suffer from Super Bowl Rookie Syndrome. And what made that amazing was the amount of dropped passes from his targets. After losing Donald Driver, it had to be frustrating to see those passes dropped. Rodgers threw some guaranteed touchdowns that slipped through the hands of the receivers. In all honesty, had the receivers caught those easily catchable balls, this would actually have been a complete blowout.

All in all, it was an exciting game that could have gone either way. Not the "Game For The Ages" many were hoping for (ie: Giants over Patriots, Patriots over Panthers, etc.), but a very good one between two classic franchises.

Congrats to the Packers, their fans, the smallest city in the NFL and the only publicly owned team in the league. With a young team, an elite young QB and an awesome defense, it could be Rodgers we're talking about going for three rings in a few years.

People are wondering what happened to the Steeler defense. People are puzzled over the whereabouts of Troy Polamalu and James Harrison. Well, here's why.

Their defensive secondary is crappy. There was a pattern I noticed about the Steeler defense. They are good. real good. BUT, I noticed that whenever they play teams that can spread them out, and have 4 receivers/TEs that can make plays after the catch, the Steelers have no answers. They rely heavily on their front seven to pressure the QB and stop the run, but their DBs are mediocre. When the Steelers played the Patriots, Brady carved them up like a Thanksgiving turkey. Peyton has also done that to them. Drew Brees. etc.

If you force Pittsburgh to play a great passing team, you have to keep Troy as a safety. Troy, as talented as he is, sucks as a cover safety. James Harrison attacks the running backs and QBs. But when they are in shotgun and he has to play pass defense, he's average. If the Steelers played anyone else in the NFC, they win this Suoer Bowl. They played the wrong team. Oh well, sucks for them.

I'm glad the Steelers lost. Guys like Big Ben and James Harrison do not deserve to be rewarded. Ben is like a frat boy, and TWICE has been accused of sexual assault. I laughed when he said he wants to win after all he's been through. Excuse me? You sexually assaulted someone. James Harrison? The man is dirty. Intense playmaker, but he is guilty of dirty play. Steeler fans will never admit it, but Harrison is dirty. Troy Polamalu hits everything he sees and blasts them into next week. But he will never be called dirty. he plays the game hard, physical and doesn't try to hurt people. James Harrison admitted that he does want to hurt people, which is why the NFL watched him more closely. If the dummy closed his mouth, he wouldn't have been fined every week.

Is the end of the Steelers run of making the Super Bowl? Sure, they will be a playoff team, but will they make it back to the dance?

I was hoping that the Steelers would become the ultimate Super Bowl champion with their Seventh title.

However, another great franchise played to the advantage of three turnovers, and brought a smile to Lombardi in heaven.

Both teams are deserving but there can only be one Super Bowl champion per year.

I noticed this on a couple other sites im on. all the steelers fans just put their heads between their legs and high tailed it outta town. :ermm:

lol

I can see primetime watches espn or nfl network religiously lol.pittsburgh has been bad against the pass since the cower days,that is dick lebeaus style get after the qb with zone blitlzes and stop the run, and play a physical style defense its been that way since i can remember.They really do need a good cover corner.Gay got carved up something serious.

I noticed this on a couple other sites im on. all the steelers fans just put their heads between their legs and high tailed it outta town. :ermm:

Well thats better then coming on and explaining all your lost by saying you choked or is that just something the Pats get to say. Being from a NFC town but being from the same State as Pitt I got to just watch and enjoy the game and I'm sure every heart on Green Bay side was beating fast on that last drive.

Id rather you come in and say your team didnt get the job, done rather than go into hiding.

Id rather you come in and say your team didnt get the job, done rather than go into hiding.

I'll do that when you do the same instead of making bullshit excuses or, in your case, disappearing for a few months to avoid backlash from all the shit you talked.

As for me, I make no excuses. Turn the ball over three times against a team like the Packers and you're gonna lose. The 3rd quarter was when I really felt like the Steelers were gonna take it: D was holding, O was scoring, Rogers was looking frustrated.....but it just wasn't enough. All in all, a good game.

And as for Steelers fans being in hiding....I'm NEVER hard to find. I don't feel any shame in the loss. It was a great season and, if we have another season next fall, we should do just as good if not better.

"6-2 in the Super Bowl. Come talk to me when your team can say that."

That's pretty good. I like that. For that matter, when can any team that comes close to that come talk? They can't. The Pats are one and done. The Cowboys haven't been a factor since Emmit Smith. The Niners fired their head coach. The Steelers are still going to Super Bowls. True the Packers outplayed them and won. They deserved it. But I hardly think Pittsburgh is turning tail. Anyone who thinks that doesn't know the history of the Steelers. And yes, I do believe until anyone steps up, the Steelers will return to yet another one.

Coming from a guy that hid for 6 months after the Giants beat the Patriots that is just too funny!

I think it is important to note that the Steelers are still one of the GREAT organizations in football!

Coming from a guy that hid for 6 months after the Giants beat the Patriots that is just too funny!

I think it is important to note that the Steelers are still one of the GREAT organizations in football!

I actually did that as a joke! but even so, that was just me. all the steelers fans just cut and run. :iagree: if they won, im guessing theyd all be here celebrating!

I'll do that when you do the same instead of making bullshit excuses or, in your case, disappearing for a few months to avoid backlash from all the shit you talked.

As for me, I make no excuses. Turn the ball over three times against a team like the Packers and you're gonna lose. The 3rd quarter was when I really felt like the Steelers were gonna take it: D was holding, O was scoring, Rogers was looking frustrated.....but it just wasn't enough. All in all, a good game.

And as for Steelers fans being in hiding....I'm NEVER hard to find. I don't feel any shame in the loss. It was a great season and, if we have another season next fall, we should do just as good if not better.

Hey, i was here posting alot, good or bad about the Pats this year. and if i think theres legitimate excuses why they lost, ill say it. why the hell not. thats what we are here for, to bullshit, talk a little smack and have fun. some people tend to take sports too seriously.

Ha! I remember that one.....thought I was going to have to call Mass' 911 to form a posse to case out hospitals and emergency rooms!

I reluctantly agree......they have the rings to prove it! Maybe one day my Browns will actually give them some competition......yeah, hope springs eternal.....:sowrong:

Cut and run? Really? And here I thought I had posted several times since the loss. My mistake, apparently.

Sorry if i missed them! but i was talking most steeler fans in general. not anyone specific. i still have a little black and gold in my blood to. i was a huge steeler fan in the 70s.

you have to your credit , but your demeanor is completely different .

As would anyone with any sense. Before the game, it's balls out, gung-ho, we're gonna kick some ass. Afterward, you become humbled. I never saw the point in screaming "We're #1! Your team sucks!" after you've been beaten. That sort of attitude is what makes me dislike a LOT of Eagles' fans in my area as well as a few other teams.

We lost to a good team. Can't change that. We'll be back next year.

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back