• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Do people "grow out of tickling?"

MaleTickleeDC

TMF Expert
I'm sure I'm not the only one here who regularly searches YouTube for mainstream tickling clips. As such, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed that most of the "vanilla" people who are posting clips on YouTube that involve tickling friends, tickling significant others, or gang tickling some poor sap in their group seem to be very young, and by that I mean that they usually look like teenagers or college-aged at most. This matches up with my own experience witnessing tickling from the vanilla community throughout my life. I saw tons of tickling among my peers when I was a teenager. This was probably due to the fact that we were all just discovering our sexuality and tickling was an "innocent" way to initiate playful touch with someone that you were attracted to. It was a method of flirtation. But as I reached college, the tickling began to taper off, and after college there was pretty much no tickling, anywhere, at any time among my peers.

This leads me to believe that among vanilla people, tickling is something that they "grow out of," and that serves its purpose as a playful way to flirt or roughhouse for youngish folks, but that it is considered immature by anyone over like 21-23 years old. Again, this is the vanilla community that I'm talking about, so clearly those of us who have the fetish aren't going to grow out of it. But let's put it this way: when was the last time you saw a vanilla person over the age of, say, 25 years old, tickling someone or being tickled? I would say that tickling pretty much disappears among vanilla people after college. Which is quite unfortunate for we fetishists who hope to find people to share in our fetish, especially in terms of finding a SO who might learn to like tickling as we do.

It's been a good long while. I'm a member of a community theater troupe and there were occasionally a couple of tickle fights that happened -- the longest I can recall went on for maybe a minute or so where this guy (45) was just tormenting this poor girl (19), but usually it was a couple quick swipes here and there. And that's among theater types who are way more comfortable with interacting. Oh, and a friend of mine was crashing on my couch (21) and he and this other chick (20) just started tickling each other like crazy for like five minutes or so, and that was fun to watch (but younger than you were thinking). And I've got a photo somewhere of three theater friends (m34/f30/f32) tickling each other for many minutes on that same couch and that's just a cherished memory. Another time this really big guy (35) grabbed this other dude (25) and just went after his ribs something fierce but he tapped out right away. Still ... fun memories. :)

You are pretty much right! It's hard for me to imagine to have a bunch of 40-50 year old friends sitting together and suddenly just starting to tickle someone. No - that just doesn't happen! Maybe in a relationship, but apart of that - just no. Doesn't work.

I feel like I've heard of tickling happening in brazilian jiu jitsu events. Like where the competitors would tickle each other randomly for submission purposes. I've seen threads about it in their forums. :p
:peace:

I'm 61 and I have not grown out of it. :D

Yeah, I mean, like I said in the post, my guess is that those of us who are fetishists won't ever grow out of it. I'm 33 and I still like tickling just as much as I did at 23, 13, etc. But for we fetishists, we don't grow out of tickling for the same reason that we don't grow out of liking sex, because tickling and sexuality are fused together for most of us.

But for vanilla people, I feel that enjoying tickling is pretty rare to begin with, but virtually non-existent once people get in their late 20s or so.

I like to think I am still growing INTO it!! I do think though that spontaneous tickling( among other things) does decline with age. People who love tickling on whatever level will keep the laughter going through the years. I would hate to think that NEST 2041 would be tickling optional!! ;)

honestly i just think thats the computer generation.... many of the 'older' folks 1. dont know HOW to use youtube, and 2. more reserved about what they post.... most of the video sites do it cause the young generation looks 'hot' or has a nice body, however you wanna look at it.

My observations tend to align with user rhiannon and the original poster of this thread.

You hit age 20 and it starts disappearing

By age 25 it has totally disappeared.

Best guess: it has been trumped by things like weight gain, mutual funds, stock options, in-laws, divorce, car repairs, and a mortgage which is two and three times higher than the value of the house to which it is attached.

The issue that people here are having is that they are looking at tickling from the perspective that a member of this site would naturally hold.

But for the majority of the world, tickling is a bonding behavior that is used to build family bonds, and early touch interaction between sub-teens that is part of the social boundary learning structures. As people age, traditional physical interactions take center stage and tickling fades to the background.

Myriads

I've noticed this also. It seems like high school, and college were non stop tickle parties, but nowadays I hardly ever see any tickling m/f, f/m f/f any combination. It also seems people outgrow "being ticklish". My female cousin was incredibly ticklish when she was a teenager, but recently I saw her son poke her in the ribs w/no response at all. Weird

It also seems people outgrow "being ticklish". My female cousin was incredibly ticklish when she was a teenager, but recently I saw her son poke her in the ribs w/no response at all. Weird

The question is whether they outgrow being ticklish, or whether it's just that nobody's tickling them. Your cousin sounds like someone who did grow out of her ticklishness, but a lot of people seem to swear by their ticklishness all their lives. Again, the problem is that it's hard to experiment because of the way tickling is, as Myriads pointed out, viewed entirely differently by vanilla people than it is by us. Vanilla people have no use for tickling outside of very specific situations, such as the younger crowd using it to flirt/test boundaries, etc.

Interestingly, whenever I go to strip clubs and a stripper approaches me and tries to sell me a private dance, I usually use the opportunity to try to get in a quick tickle, just to see if she reacts, and if she does, to see if she's into that. Almost none of them are ticklish. I mean near zero. That makes me wonder whether people become desensitized to ticklish sensations if they're touched a lot, as strippers likely are. That would also explain why some people lose the ticklish sensations as they get older.

That makes me wonder whether people become desensitized to ticklish sensations if they're touched a lot, as strippers likely are. That would also explain why some people lose the ticklish sensations as they get older.

This scares me like a crazy amount. My boyfriend is ticklish but not crazy ticklish! Does that mean that with the tickling I do to him that he will eventually become not ticklish at all??? That is a very scary thought. My worst nightmare would be one day waking up next to a husband who's grown out of his ticklishness. ::shudders:: Is there anything I can do to ensure he preserves it??? Haha!
:peace:

I'm 27 and in my experience it does sadly peter out after a certain age. So much so that for the past couple years I've been hiding my love of it.

Is there any way to "take it back"? To make it more socially acceptable? I'd gladly donate to that cause.

Manda

Probably not, but you can still instigate scenarios in one-on-one situations. Or, y'know, there's probably some potential after say a dinner party where everyone's been drinking. Can't remember who was suggesting it only takes one person to get some tickling going and then maybe everyone would join in, but ... probably the one-on-one flirt/tease/foreplay thing is more likely. ;)

Older folks may be less likely than the younger set to either have videos taken of them in tickling or other sorts of play and even less likely to post it publicly on YouTube. Older people are into careers and social standing in their community. So YouTube video postings may not be an accurate barometer of how many older people tickle.
Also a diminishing use of tickling with age is probably no different than less sex of any form as people age, less use of drugs - does the 45 year old, on average, smoke more grass than the 25 year old - and generally less activity in many areas that one did at a younger age. Tickling is not the only thing that may change with age and if it doesn't diminish for others, they indulge in it with more discretion than videotaping it and posting in publicly.

Last edited:
I wonder if it has something to do with the brain. Maybe for vanillas after a certain point tickling just becomes nonexistent for them because it's not being actively triggered in the brain As opposed to those of us who relate tickling to our livelihood.

If you desire it to make you happy with your existence, even in thought, it will never leave your list of needs.

I think it depends on the person, some grow out of it but with others it only becomes stronger as they get older.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back