• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

How I know that most m/m tickle lovers are STRAIGHT

GoForTheLaugh

TMF Expert
I have read with fascination the thread "Same sex tickling if you're not gay? Opposite-sex tickling if you are?": http://www.ticklingforum.com/showthread.php?t=54995

In addition, in the three days I have been on this board--my first time ever on a board of this nature--I have seen a surprising amount of anti M/M tickling flames.

Before coming here, I had never once question that guys who liked M/M tickling and identified as straight were indeed straight. I will explain why in this thread--and I hope it will create dialogue in which people speak honestly (whether or not they agree with me or anyone else). Honesty will lead to a less inhibitive atmosphere here. And, really, if we're talking about tickling, how the hell can we be inhibted...?!! :woot:

Who am I? I have been open about being gay in other threads, but I speak here as someone who has more straight male friends than gay ones. After all, when we are playing poker or seeing a movie or taking a long walk, neither my sex life nor theirs matters. I have not tickled a straight guy since I was a teenager--and now I am in my late 30s. Nevertheless, the idea of a straight M/M tickle community makes sense to me.

Here's my rationale...

First, straight guys naturally engage in male bonding that includes vacations in the woods away from their wives, bachelor parties, sports events, roughouse play, and, to my chagrin (and if you will forgive me for being a tad stereotypical) a lot of loud belching and farting. All of this makes them remember their younger days (frat house antics, team sports, willing young women who wanted their young bodies, fart jokes...) and is psychologically healthy.

As teens, many males engage in tickle activities. It is most common in junior high school, but there are straight guys--including some of the ones I grew up with--who continue in high school and college. I chalk it up to rough and tumble play--and I chalk up adult tickle antics to momentarily being young again.

I know that the guys I grew up with are straight because I am still in touch with many of them. I dare any of you to call them gay; they'd let you have it!

It is also important to remember that male heterosexuals almost everywhere except in Northern Europe, Japan, and the English-speaking world will often put their arms around each other's shoulders, lean against each other for extended periods, and generally be very (non-sexually) physical. I am of Mediterranean descent, and I see it all the time when I go there. Many of the nations where this takes place are quite homophobic (Italy, Greece, Nigeria, Iran, India...); if it were thought for a moment that such men were gay, they would be in serious trouble.

Second, there are two types of tickling: non-sexual and sexual. I have done both, and they fulfill different needs. Non-sexual tickling is a way to bond, release tension and stress, and simply have a good laugh. I find it more fulfilling than sexual tickling--but that is me. Some people only engage in the sexual kind and others only engage in the non-sexual kind. It makes sense to me that guys who only like M/F tickling and always consider it sexual would be threatened by any kind of M/M tickling. It also makes sense to me that both men and women who engage in non-sexual tickling would not be too concerned with sexual orientation. In the end, everyone needs to do whatever he or she likes and, as a community, we should strive to be non-judgmental.

Third, most of the human population is heterosexual. Liberal estimates say that 10% of humanity is gay; conservative estimates say it is actually between 1 and 2%. I suspect that the real number lies between the extremes. Whatever the case, by virtue of sheer numbers, the bulk of men engaging in M/M tickling must be straight. It is too big a phenomenon to be limited to gays.

Having said that...

Those who are weirded out by M/M tickling have the right to be. Whatever doesn't float your boat is fine. Such people need never participate in it and, if we remember to label our thread titles carefully, need not read threads about it.

There are also people who respect others' right to engage in M/M tickling (and be on this board) but would never want to try it or read fiction about it. That is absolutely fine--and more power to you guys and gals!

-------------------------------------------------

Final word: Many people are against gays, but that is a subject for a different thread. I mention it here because I do not want anyone to be the victim of homophobia. Even if you do not want to accept gay people, please do not turn your homophobia against your straight brothers and sisters simply because they like something you don't.

you know what...everyone is entitled to their own OPINION...i happen to feel that yours is absolutely incorrect. in fact, if youre so sure of yourself, why dont you start a poll..."men of the tmf, do you think its possible for a truly straight male to actually enjoy tickling another male".... see if the results bear out your touchy feely pc theory.

for me, there's a direct link between tickling and sex. I do not associate men with sex, so for me m/m tickling is gay.

As dtrell stated, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But to me tickling is sexual, and you would have to hold a gun to my head before I would tickle another man. M/M tickling is gay. :disgust:

I can only speak for myself...

I'm a straight 43 yr old man....and can't recall ever tickling a male....not guys at school, not my male friends, not my dad, not my uncles, nor my male cousins, nor my young nephews (nor have I felt had the desire to tickle a guy).

On the other hand, I've probably tickled over 100 females in my life (if you include girls at church & school and sis's female friends & sorority sisters).....and have had the desire to tickle hundreds, perhaps thousands more (female co-workers, women in the mall, female celebrities, women I've seen on internet websites, etc. By comparism, I've never seen any male celebrity I wanted to tickle....never).

You know what? I'm going to weigh in somewhat in the center. I think GoForThe Laugh's post is brilliantly written and makes a lot of good points. In particular, I think he's right on target when it comes to male-bonding rituals. I would guess that he has some connection with the academic field of anthropology. But, I do think that straight m/m ticklers are a minority.

I, myself, am straight and would be open to tickling a man. I'd also be open to spanking a man, because I have a little touch of a spanking curiosity but could never bring myself to spank a woman, at least not all that hard, whereas for a consenting man I'd practice my swinging arm. But, I think I'm in the minority; I'm definitely an anamoly as straight men go, because the only thing I have in common with other straight men is that I'm sexually attracted to women rather than men; I'm an outsider to all the rituals.

(I think I'd be less inclined to have a man tickle me. Just being honest here.)

But, again, much as I admire much of what's in GoForTheLaugh's post, I have my doubts about there being any prevalence of straight m/m ticklers.

dtrell said:
you know what...everyone is entitled to their own OPINION...i happen to feel that yours is absolutely incorrect. in fact, if youre so sure of yourself, why dont you start a poll..."men of the tmf, do you think its possible for a truly straight male to actually enjoy tickling another male".... see if the results bear out your touchy feely pc theory.[/QUO

Tut Tut Tut! That experiment would never do! We here at these boards invariably associate tickling with sex. Consequently i would never tickle another man, relative or friend (unless it was a pretty/ticklish girl). So most people here will not say that it is possible to enjoy tickling men and be straight. I happen to think that maybe GFTL is right. I have known many men tickle other men. To be honest I see more men tickling men than men tickling women or women tickling women.
If you want to put your idea to the test then go out and find a couple of large enough cohorts - gay men and normal men. These must be stratified for confounding variables - the most important of which will be where tickling is something sexual, but there are others such as views on homosexuality, religion, bisexuality etc. Lots of people tickle and it has nothing to do with sex or sexuality. I don;t think a lot of men would be happy tickling othe men, but getting pleasure (even to the point of immense satisfaction) out of tickling otehr men need not suggest that the person is gay.

i have never witnessed a male tickle another male in my presence since i passed 10 years old....and i hope it stays that way. i cannot even BEGIN to imagine 14 and 15 year old teenage boys tickling each other...99% of teenage boys would rather give up their eye teeth than be thought of as gay...and i think other boys witnessing them tickling another boy would just about do that among teens. it just wont happen....unless they are like our new friend here.

Well i've seen more male-male tickling on TV, in the media, at school, at work, at play then any other tickling. I don't particularly like it, but there is a lot of it going on.

dtrell said:
i have never witnessed a male tickle another male in my presence since i passed 10 years old....and i hope it stays that way. i cannot even BEGIN to imagine 14 and 15 year old teenage boys tickling each other...99% of teenage boys would rather give up their eye teeth than be thought of as gay...and i think other boys witnessing them tickling another boy would just about do that among teens. it just wont happen....unless they are like our new friend here.

...same here. The last time I saw it was 12, around the time I started noticing girls, IIRC...

Regards,

TK

GoForTheLaugh said:
I have read with fascination the thread "Same sex tickling if you're not gay? Opposite-sex tickling if you are?": http://www.ticklingforum.com/showthread.php?t=54995

In addition...

Well, it's an interesting hypothesis, but I would venture to guess that those males whom you may have identified would not admit it here anyway, so the point is moot.

Now, I WILL agree (if your point extends to this variation) that many guys have probably FANTASIZED about tickling or being tickled by another guy at least once, if even for the purposes of experimenting with their own gender tolerance. Moreover, if we are to believe behavioral psychologists when they tell us that sexually maturing males have homosexual fantasies at least once, then I would certainly believe that includes tickling for those guys who see tickling as sexual.

i can HONESTLY say i have NEVER fantasized about tickling another guy...and i NEVER will. just the thought of it makes me ill.

dtrell said:
i can HONESTLY say i have NEVER fantasized about tickling another guy...and i NEVER will. just the thought of it makes me ill.
Well said. On my Tuesday night bowling league we give out high fives, or a simple handshake. If we were to start tickling one another I am quite sure we would be thrown out of the league.

bill..its just the typical thing...justify your lifestyle by stating as a "fact" that other guys occasionally have thoughts like they do sometimes...when in reality the vast majority of straight guys do not...thats why theyre called "straight" guys.

i'm a little curious why you feel the need to attack this person, Trell.

i think i'll risk the possibility of getting berated by someone on this thread and state my thoughts after reading goforthelaugh's initial post.

there were no harsh words aimed at anyone and he provided substantial supporting evidence. it was very well written.

apparently many straight guys disagree with goforthelaugh's experience-promted opinions, and that's fine. but this isn't something that you vote on. he didn't say that people had to LIKE m/m tickling. only that those that don't turn away in disgust, aren't necessarily gay.

for me, i'm a really conservative and sheltered person. i didn't meet a gay guy until about 3 years ago. i won't make any generalizations, because everyone is different. and straight guys have their wide range of vices as well. but who cares anyway, if some straight guys don't mind the non-sexual m/m tickling? that doesn't affect the rest of you, and it doesn't sterilize your manhood. so its best to leave it be, and be content being that 90-98% of what you think is normal.

(i say all this with patience and sincerity. i hope the following replies follow suit.)

I know a tons of people. Guys and girls alike. I can honestly say that if i brought up this question to them they would say its the gayest thing since big gay al on south park. I would even go so far as to say that if i polled people in front of my krogers as they came and went that someone would asuredly punch me in th mouth, and yell "HOMO!"
In my OPINION, any guy that says he is into m/m tickling, but he isnt gay, is a damned lier. "Sure, i think about sucking cock, but im so not gay......" Um, yeah, tickle him, suck his cock, yer pretty gay. Two different extremes you might say, i say they are the same thing. If your a dude tickling another dude, then you might as well be tossing his salad and sucking his cock.

The above is just an opinion of mine. I have nothing against gay people. I actually have gay friends. And i know if i asked one about the subject, they would answer me in the same way i have posted on this thread.

Well, i can honestly say i've seen both guys and girls of varying ages who are straight tickle each other. I myself have tickled other guys on ocassion. i'm not gay, but i'm not so insecure as to lambast others who engage in the activities. Why do posts like this always bring out the homophobes?

Cosmo_ac said:
i'm a little curious why you feel the need to attack this person, Trell.
typical of a lot of the people on here....i never attacked him personally...i merely pointed out tactics...

your opinion Trell. i disagree though.

i think a lot of people forget that fetishes can transend genders as well.

yes, they can transcend the male/male gender...when the males are gay.

Where is the proof of all this "said "m/m" tickling? Two dudes?

Cosmo_ac said:
and what facts do you base this on please?
from the same place you got your "fetishes can transcend genders"...from my rear end....its called my opinion.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/29/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums to see who is meeting when and where!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back