• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Absolutely disgusting!

karategirl18

TMF Expert
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8456292284

This makes me absolutely sick.....How the fuck can anyone actually support this? And it's not me intruding on their freedom of speech, but seriously?!? These men and women put their lives on the line for us daily, and it's our duty and privilege to support them...I'm not dissing the firefighters that this group supports, but they are all heroes for what they do, whether it's protecting us over here, or protecting our freedoms.

Thanks for pointing that group out. I just joined it.

Free speech works both ways. Go figure...

This is on the same level of people who call cops pigs and other names and negative views for them and hate. Its the bad eggs in any group which destroys the public view. I mean hell look at American War history

WW2 they came back as heroes and the greatest generation
Vietnam they came back and were spit on and called baby killers

Both wars had the same actions

Depends on how you look at it. How can people say that FDA doesn't do enough to keep the American consumer safe? Oh wait... there was a thread on TMF entitled "To those of you on medication"

The FDA's job is making sure that medications are safe and effective as well as more positive than negative. Yet, they are still fallible.

Personally, I think the soldiers are heroes though also fallible. When a soldier gets a free ride through college and social welfare up the ass, I don't think that's fair. I think there are a ton of eligible Americans that would gladly serve their country. Well that is to say as long as you're a healthy, white, straight, male you're in. I got rejected because I had "dry skin." The plus side is that I can't be drafted after this year and if they do decide to do a draft I'll be the first one on a plane to China. Thanks troops for the protection, but also thanks for the cold shoulder.

Meh, it's their opinion. Some people are against war in general so they don't see people who participate in wars as heros. Nothing wrong with that. There are worse groups out there like for example the kkk.

Depends on how you look at it. How can people say that FDA doesn't do enough to keep the American consumer safe? Oh wait... there was a thread on TMF entitled "To those of you on medication"

The FDA's job is making sure that medications are safe and effective as well as more positive than negative. Yet, they are still fallible.

Personally, I think the soldiers are heroes though also fallible. When a soldier gets a free ride through college and social welfare up the ass, I don't think that's fair. I think there are a ton of eligible Americans that would gladly serve their country. Well that is to say as long as you're a healthy, white, straight, male you're in. I got rejected because I had "dry skin." The plus side is that I can't be drafted after this year and if they do decide to do a draft I'll be the first one on a plane to China. Thanks troops for the protection, but also thanks for the cold shoulder.
I completely agree that nobody is perfect. My uncle was a Marine with 3 purple hearts. There are days I think he's awesome, and there are days when I think he's an asshole. I don't think anyone deserves unconditional ass-kissing, but I do think people willing to put themselves at risk for what they believe to be a greater good, and that greater good being our safety and well-being, are deserving of some respect.

I completely agree that nobody is perfect. My uncle was a Marine with 3 purple hearts. There are days I think he's awesome, and there are days when I think he's an asshole. I don't think anyone deserves unconditional ass-kissing, but I do think people willing to put themselves at risk for what they believe to be a greater good, and that greater good being our safety and well-being, are deserving of some respect.

agreed

That's retarded. There is probably not a one in that group that has military in the family or has been in the military themselves.

Yes, the people who are in this group must all be without morals, and I bet they in no way simply try to bring perspective to the sometimes very blind worship of people who participate in the most detrimental activity known to man: War.

I hope those bastards burn and... oh hey wait, I used to be a member of that group. DAMN IT!

Soldiers are not heroes. They can be heroes, they can act heroically, they can do heroic things - but the act of putting on a uniform and agreeing to put your conscience in a lockbox for the next so many years does not make your life more important than others, it does not make your opinions and insights more worthy of respect than others, it does not exempt you from moral judgement. It does not make you a hero.
I don't understand how this is disgusting, it strikes me as a very truthful and reasonable statement.

You know what's disgusting? The fact that, when it comes down to it, we actually NEED soldiers. There are countries that use violence to suppress their population, and it is because the entire world is not free and democratic that the chain of violence continues. But do we always need to solve our problems by sending more men and women into the slaughter? I personally approve of PEACEKEEPING forces, but to actually wage war should be an absolutely last resort. Why do we fight anyway? To protect ourselves? To protect our future? There is no future for the innocents who are killed...

Ok, reality-check now, the people in that group are not looking at crippled war-veterans and going "haha, what a stupid loser!" But rather, they are pointing out that killing people does not necessarily make you a hero simply because you hide behind your country's flag.

My father had to spend a month in jail because he refused to carry arms during his mandatory service in the army. Luckily the system has changed since then and I am not required to learn how to shoot people into tiny bits, but I would gladly have chosen jail instead without any hesitation whatsoever. I absolutely agree that being a soldier does not automatically make you a hero. Even if soldiers CAN be heroes, they can also committ horrible atrocities and be the worst kind of lowlife. My mind wanders to the US soldiers who threw that puppy off of a cliff, you have probably seen the clip online... Genuine heroism is rare, and to me it is a very loaded word. Please don't reduce it to a mere title handed out like candy to just any bum who chooses to put on a uniform.

Seriously you guys... Go pick up a book about Mahatma Ghandi or Martin Luther King Jr. and read it. They fought for freedom, justice and for the future of their respective country, but they did not kill anyone. Huh, can ya' imagine that? Now imagine how crazy it would be if we would just resolve ALL our conflicts that way.

Tl;Dr: Don't idealize soldiers, because that's like promoting war.

You can support soldiers and not promote war. Some soldiers do not agree with the war, some join because it's their only way out of a bad situation or to get money for college. So to paint them all has war-loving morons or something of that nature, is kind of dumb in my opinion.

You can support soldiers and not promote war. Some soldiers do not agree with the war, some join because it's their only way out of a bad situation or to get money for college. So to paint them all has war-loving morons or something of that nature, is kind of dumb in my opinion.

Well if they join to get out of a bad situation or get money for college, then painting them as heroes strikes me as equally dumb. That seems to be the point of the article. Not necessarily saying they're all evil, but just that they're ordinary people who's morality shouldn't be set by any generalization.

I just think war is a necessary evil at times. I didn't agree with being in Iraq, but I do agree with being in Afghanistan. I could never do that and I don't think many people could, but those people seem to be the ones that find it easy to say the soldiers aren't heroes. Now I think the word hero is thrown around too damned much anyway. Someone saves a cat from a tree and they're a hero. But I very much respect those that join the military.

No one is painting them up as war-loving morons. The point is that no matter what, killing people should never be regarded as something venerable, so being a soldier in itself is not cause enough for calling said person a hero. I think the point of that group - to some extent - is to paint up the people who actually DO believe that as war-loving morons.

I just think war is a necessary evil at times.
Fair enough. But, name me a war that, when it comes down to it, actually WAS necessary. And don't say World War 2, because that conflict would never have arisen in the first place had it not been for World War 1 - which was completely and utterly pointless.

Last edited:
When you have a nutcase ruling a country or hiding out in a country who is a threat to the world and they are not willing to change their behavior or work something out, I find that in those cases war is a necessary evil.

And again, I never said soldiers were heroes, but that I greatly respect those that go into that profession.

Douchebags

Yeah, people who abuse their freedoms to spew that kind of venom are ridiculous. Makes a patriot wanna stomp a mudhole in their ignorant asses. Hopefully, somebody (or several) does that very thing.

I say we sit back and watch how many more missles North Korea lanches cause we decide action is not necessary......let's see how many they kill while we retire our armed forces.....

No one will attack us so we need no military.....

or if we do...then those that join are heroes just for doing so in my book....I sure dont have the balls to pick up a gun and put myself in the line of fire to save the sorry asses of people I will never meet who join groups that exist to put others down for having the courage to do what many wont do.....

God bless freedom of speech and God bless those that fight to defend it...

My father was a decorated war hero and was against war unless it was a last resort. He saw things that no human being should see. That being said, why can't we have heroes from many - soldiers, firefighters, nurses, police etc. The definition of a hero from Wikipedia - "in the face of danger and adversity or from a position of weakness, display courage and the will for self sacrifice –that is, heroism – for some greater good..."

That seems to describes many to me.

those soldiers that tossed a puppy off a cliff for fun?

heroes.

jeffrey dahmer, former Army soldier?

hero.

my friend's abusive husband that's in the navy?

hero.

i think that's the point the group is trying to make. enlisting doesn't instantly make you a hero. there are a few heroes serving in the military, but i certainly wouldn't say they are all heroes.

Firefighter that sets his own to then put them out...Hero?

Cops that deal drugs on the side....heroes?

Nurses that kill patients to put them out of misery...heroes?

There are many such people in all walks of life...

The majority of policemen, firefighters, medical professionals and soldiers ARE heroes for doing the jobs they do......

this group has no point to make......

those soldiers that tossed a puppy off a cliff for fun?

heroes.

jeffrey dahmer, former Army soldier?

hero.

my friend's abusive husband that's in the navy?

hero.

i think that's the point the group is trying to make. enlisting doesn't instantly make you a hero. there are a few heroes serving in the military, but i certainly wouldn't say they are all heroes.

Obviously, those are exceptions. I would hope people would be able to differentiate between those people you listed and those soldiers that are seen as heroic for being courageous.

I agree that you aren't automatically a hero just by putting on the uniform! Most people join in times of peace, hoping to get a free college ride or something like that.

It also doesn't make you a hero to join in times of war because you want to experience how it feels to really shoot someone!

There are heroic behaviors, attitudes and motivation, but wearing a uniform does NOT make you a hero!

I just think war is a necessary evil at times. I didn't agree with being in Iraq, but I do agree with being in Afghanistan. I could never do that and I don't think many people could, but those people seem to be the ones that find it easy to say the soldiers aren't heroes. Now I think the word hero is thrown around too damned much anyway. Someone saves a cat from a tree and they're a hero. But I very much respect those that join the military.

My sentiments? Exactly.

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back