• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Allergies

TangerineTicklee

1st Level Red Feather
Anyone else have them? Hindered by them?

For the past two days, I've been feeling under the weather. You see, what happened was ... I waited a few months to vacuum my carpet, and at the time - because I waited for so long - there was a thick layer of dust on my floor. When I went to vacuum, I ended up getting a bunch of dust up my nose. At first, it went straight to my chest in stead of my nose, but now - or so I think - it's in my nose as well and giving me an allergy reaction. (Either that OR (or and/or), I'm suffering from pollen allergies ... as my mother reported to me just recently that the pollen outside is VERY thick. Yellow powder lying all over the streets. Thick in the air. You can see it floating, was basically her point. So while I was never aware that I had a pollen allergy, I know that I have a dust allergy. I'm convinced that I'm suffering from a combination attack, but at any rate, my eyes and nose are itchy and burning. Watery, scarlet eyes. Runny nose. Just last night my eyes were so red that I looked albino. :shock: (Except for my dark hair.)

I feel your pain. I have horrible allergies. They started acting up a few days ago after the warmer weather finally melted all of that snow outside. My eyes, nose, ears....you name it, they're watering and itching. Bastards. :jester:

I get them in the fall as well. Zyrtec works well for me, even better than the prescription meds I've tried. Hope you feel better soon!

man, when my allergies start up, i'm totally miserable. i wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy! i usually take alieve cold and sinus. works well for me but i've been thinking about actually getting an allergy shot.

I have a lot of food allergies, and mold fits in there somewhere as well.

Dude... a dust allergy would suck HARDCORE for me! :eek: I don't think I've cleaned out my Man Cave since the new year... :ermm: I feel for you, OP! D:

With that said, no, I don't have any allergies. I'm like... a super-human or something! >:3

The only thing I seem to be allergic to is maraschino cherries. I don't know if its the sauce or the fruit itself, but anytime I eat them, I go into horrid bouts of vomiting afterward.

Other than that, nope, no allergies at all.

I feel your pain. Here in the Austin area we have a charming little thing called cedar fever, which is caused by the Juniper trees when they pollinate.

December and January are the worst months. I saw a clip on the news a few years ago. The pollen was coming off in clouds. From a distance it looks like the trees are on fire. The symptoms are the same as a cold, or even a mild case of the flu. I have had to take sick days from work in the past because of it. And I can't find anything that really helps much and still allows me to drive.

And, Juniper trees are useless. They soak up huge amounts of ground water, crowd out beneficial trees and make poor firewood. Deer refuse to eat the leaves unless that is all they can find.

I'm allergic to my mates cats, so I've stopped going round there since he got them. I don't even like the buggers, they clawed my hand to shreds first time we met. Time to invest in some bear-traps methinks...

I'm allergic to a rather odd number of things including Claritin. I take Flonase year round to help, it does a rather good job for me. :)

I usually don't take mainstream medicines, but when it comes to allergies and head colds, I will. I'm completely anti-pharmaceutical - *ducks* - so if I'm suffering from anything, I completely refuse to take pharmaceuticals. Under no circumstances, whatsoever. I believe in alternative practices.

My mother was kind enough to purchase some Benadryl for me today. I've taken 4 so far, and they work like a charm, right along with the BreatheRight strips, the menthol cough drops, and the hot peppermint herbal tea. :) I'm currently feeling much better, but I am pretty sleepy, as the Benadryl usually does this to me.

Thank God for anti-histamines!

The only thing I'm allergic to is penicillin.

I'm allergic to that, too. Last time I took it for a head cold, my throat started swelling! It didn't swell shut, but it did swell up so badly that I couldn't eat for about a day and a half. The food wouldn't go down without threatening to choke me, and being very painful to swallow. I drank hot apple cider the whole time - relaxed my throat a bit - but received horrible diarrhea in the process. I was bed ridden for about 2 weeks.

I'm also mildly lactose intolerant. I can eat other forms of dairy such as pudding, ice cream, cheese, and yogurt, but if I drink milk straight, I get an upset stomach and diarrhea. :( Not fun.

Indoor and outdoor allergies - pet dander, pollen, dust. I take chlorpheniramine and I'm on astelin nasal spray. I also have asthma :) Breathing....can't live without it. And I pump myself full of pharmaceuticals - the more, the better. Oh, btw, I'm a DVM so I prescribe a fair amount of them as well :)

What's New

6/2/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this SUnday eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back