• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Any One A Cheap Trick Fan?

brianspencer66

4th Level Red Feather
Im not one for alot of 70s rock music but I've always been amazed at the music and the image of the members of Cheap Trick. Bun E Carlos solid drumming and the never ending ciggarette hanging from his plain kisser, Tom Petersson the second pretty boy in the group playing his 8 string bass lines, Robin Zander on of the greatest rock vocalist I have ever heard and Rick Neilson one of the greatest rock song composers of all time with his bowery boys Hunts Hall smirk and his arsenal of guitars. Ive always been a fan of power pop with its soaring beatles like melodies and jangling guitars. Any one else a fan? some of their best work were "I want you to want me" "Dream Police" and "Surrender" as well as other epic pop masterpieces.

Every time I hear the song,Surrender,I turn the volume up and sing along I prefer the live version of I want you to want me vs the studio version

Every time I hear the song,Surrender,I turn the volume up and sing along I prefer the live version of I want you to want me vs the studio version

Yeah I should point out that their "Live at Budakon" album was a huge seller in the late 70s so your correct. Other great songs are "Aint That A Shame" "If You Want My Love" (great vocal) and "Voices".

i knew i loved you for a reason.....damn i love cheap trick...that singer is the ultimate in cool......

I LOVE Cheap Trick, to this day I have a soft spot in my heart for" The Flame". Brings back lot's of good memories.

Cheap Trick

"I Want You... To Want... Me!" Always gets cranked up here. That's the tune that made them immortal.

I'm a semi-fan...I always thought their best 2 songs were on the "Heavy Metal" soundtrack, especially "Reach Out."

I try to sleep, theyre wide awake, they wont leave me alone.
They dont get paid to take vacations, or let me alone.
They spy on me, I try to hide, they wont let me alone.
They persecute me, theyre the judge and jury all in one.

cause theyre waiting for me.
Theyre looking for me.
Evry single night theyre driving me insane.
Those men inside my brain.

The dream police, they live inside of my head.
The dream police, they come to me in my bed.
The dream police, theyre coming to arrest me. Oh nooooooooooooooo!!!

Do I need to say more. LOL!!!

Mahalo and Aloha, John

I try to sleep, theyre wide awake, they wont leave me alone.
They dont get paid to take vacations, or let me alone.
They spy on me, I try to hide, they wont let me alone.
They persecute me, theyre the judge and jury all in one.

cause theyre waiting for me.
Theyre looking for me.
Evry single night theyre driving me insane.
Those men inside my brain.

The dream police, they live inside of my head.
The dream police, they come to me in my bed.
The dream police, theyre coming to arrest me. Oh nooooooooooooooo!!!

Do I need to say more. LOL!!!

Mahalo and Aloha, John

Ahh The Dream Police.... Thats one of the best parts of the song sort of a spoken bridge before the guitar solo!!

Cheap Trick's music was the soundtrack for a movie...i cannot for the life of me remember the name of the movie, but it starred Matt Dillon as a juvenile delinquent sort of...and another guy...and they lived in a town where there wasn't much to do except go to the teen center...and the parents wanted the teen center closed...Matt got killed by police...

that singer sounds a bit like the singer who played RiffRaff in Rocky Horror Picture Show...they reminded me of each other...his voice was the best...

Im not one for alot of 70s rock music but I've always been amazed at the music and the image of the members of Cheap Trick. Bun E Carlos solid drumming and the never ending ciggarette hanging from his plain kisser, Tom Petersson the second pretty boy in the group playing his 8 string bass lines, Robin Zander on of the greatest rock vocalist I have ever heard and Rick Neilson one of the greatest rock song composers of all time with his bowery boys Hunts Hall smirk and his arsenal of guitars. Ive always been a fan of power pop with its soaring beatles like melodies and jangling guitars. Any one else a fan? some of their best work were "I want you to want me" "Dream Police" and "Surrender" as well as other epic pop masterpieces.

OMG, yes--Trick has always been my favorite band! They're timeless, I own every album they've ever done. :D Still a major fan...Rick Neilsen is one of the most under-recognized guitarists I've ever had the privilege of seeing. He's a mad-man entertainer in concert, all over the stage--frustrating because I wanted to concentrate on Robin but you couldn't not watch Rick...with his million different guitars LOL I remember the house fire he went through back in the 80s, when he lost a big portion of his collection. Thankfully, he was able to get them replaced, but still...

Robin was my very first "serious" rock star crush, when I was about 15 or so; effected me beyond belief, I wrote many a story about him back then. :devil2: That must really have been a deep-rooted thing, I actually felt a twinge of unreasonable jealousy when I found out recently that's he's been married for 20 years and has 2 daughters... LOL

Although I love the classics you mentioned, I truly adore some of the more obscure stuff they did: "Standing On The Edge", "Cry, Cry", "Daddy Should Have Stayed In High School" (about a kidnapper! :eek: ), "Kiss Me Red" (remade by ELO later), "Y.O.Y.O.Y.", "How Are You" (did you know that Rick is saying the Lord's Prayer in the background on that one?), "Rock All Night" (that's a crank-and cruise song, who can sit still to that???), "Good Girl Go To Heaven (Bad Girls Go Everywhere)"...but my all-time favorite still has to be "Take Me, I'm Yours" from a special release called "Found All The Parts". Gives me goosebumps still when I hear it. How can somebody sing "Come six with my nine" and make it sound so oddly romantic...?

What a joy to see how many people are still appreciating the Trick! :xpulcy: There have to be more of us out there!

Mistress Aura :justlips:

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back