• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

bin laden execution video, DON'T OPEN IT!

john getty

2nd Level Red Feather
It hit my facebook, and then bored into all of my friends' profiles. DON'T OPEN IT!!

Oh that's wonderful

THANK YOU -- :shock: :man:

That'll probably be a popular spam/virus subject in regular e-mail, other areas as well :ermm:

-

I have no idea, it's my first time, I've never encountered a computer virus before.

Hope this helps, at least in e-mail...

Sorry you were finally hacked!! :(
Someone fwded me this "antidote" for a virus, but not sure it'll work on Facebook --

How to Stop a Virus before it Spreads:
http://www.ticklingforum.com/showthread.php?t=193667

Here's what you do:

First, open your address book and click on 'new contact,' just as you would do if you were adding a new friend to your list of email addresses.

In the window where you would type your friend's first name,
type in'A'.

For the screen name or email address,

type [email protected]

Now, here's what you've done and why it works:

The 'name 'A' will be placed at the top of your address book
as entry #1.

This will be where the worm will start
in an effort to send itself to all your friends.

When it tries to send itself to [email protected],

it will be undeliverable
because of the phony email address you entered.
If the first attempt fails
(which it will because of the phony address),
the worm goes no further
and your friends will not be infected.

Here's the second great advantage of this method:
If an email cannot be delivered,
you will be notified of this in your InBox almost immediately.

Hence,
if you ever get an email telling you that an email addressed to [email protected] could not be delivered,
you know right away that you have the worm virus in your system.

Thanks Babbles, but I'm afraid I already deleted my account. I dunno what I'm gonna do now, even my email is giving me the cold shoulder. I think I just Donald Ducked myself.

Babbles, your advice is good for notifying you when a worm is sending emails without your consent, but I'm afraid the part about stopping it doesn't seem too plausible. An email virus will typically send off the messages as fast as possible. In the time it takes the email server to bounce back the message, the virus has probably already gone through the rest of the address book.

There is also the fact that the program in the virus is telling it to do a specific task. It won't do anything else unless programed to do so. Why would a programmer spend the time and effort to tell a virus to monitor incoming emails and stop the procedure if one of them gets bounced back? It's entirely possible that the person deleted their account but the infected sender never removed them from the contacts. No programmer would purposefulness code this vulnerability in and it's not something that would inherently be part of its function either.

Note: I'm not a computer science guy, just a college biology student who likes computers.

What's New

5/19/2024
There will be Tivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT! Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back