• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

BOUNCE OF ACES! *It's HERE! 2/14/08

TK Force:

Thanks so much my friend.

What an amazing review!!! I really really really appreciate it.

I am so glad you liked 'Aces'. Lotus and I definitely put a lot of work into it - and the feedback means a great deal to us - so thank you thank you thank you.

Especially coming from a great artist like you - it means all the more.

I wish there was something I could give ya - but what do you get for the guy with ten thumbs? lol.

Thanks so much - yet again TK Force.

Now I havta do an even BETTER job on BC4.

O.O!!!

*sits back down at the drawing board*

B

oh oh can I help with the drawing board ^-^

I wish there was something I could give ya - but what do you get for the guy with ten thumbs? lol.

Thanks so much - yet again TK Force.

Now I havta do an even BETTER job on BC4.

O.O!!!

*sits back down at the drawing board*

B

I'll tell you what you get a force of nature with ten thumbs,
a whole mess of fingers. lol

No, the only thing want in return is for 'BC4' to be even better,
so you've got the right idea my friend. :)

TK: Thanks so much my friend.

I have started the creative process behind BC4. It is still months and months away from being a finished thing.

But Lotus and I have some pretty sexy ideas for this one.

Can't wait to share it with you.

B

Hey guys and gals:

I've never done this before, but I recently received a review on Bounce of Aces, via a note on dA...and the review was so generous and rather clever that I wanted to attach it to the actual Bounce of Aces thread.

This review comes from Nohbody000 who can be found here on dA: http://nohbdy000.deviantart.com/

Please check out his page as his writing is actually pretty damn good. Amigo - thank you again for the wonderful review and the permission to repost it.

Here it is...

I recently bought and read the novel Bounce of Aces and the Mystery of Duchess Valentine and I have some constructive criticism:

1. If you just tone down the alluring cover-art so that a person going to read it isn't instantly captivated and entranced by the beauty and detail of the overall incredible design, that would help...

2. The story seems a bit "award-winning"... Although everybody wins in the end, it doesn’t come off as a sappy Disney movie ending. Were you feeling like an overachiever that day? The flow of events is simple and enjoyable with a steady pace that doesn’t bore or confuse the reader: that is not something you want in a novel. The plot itself reads like something that knows it exist for the enjoyment of reading. Not wise.

3. The dialogue is too delectable. With words like “bozo deluxe” and “little biscuit” the characters seem realistic and yet unique. This makes the conversations spontaneous and fun. I don’t know who told you that was a good idea for a novel, but they were wrong. The dialogue is supposed to be filler for the boring narration, which you also fail to do.

4. The Characters themselves have too much… well… character and too much individuality. Everyone from the main characters and foil down to the minor characters are too distinct. Each character trait expressed in dialogue and narration set them apart and makes them as unique as their name. Actually, if they didn’t have names, they would still be easily discernable. Haven’t you heard of stock and flat characters? You’re supposed to have hundreds of useless nobodies spouting off one or two lines and then throwing them away. Rookie mistake. Moreover, why is the narrator so descriptive and relatable? She is constantly analyzing her decisions and using her strengths and weaknesses to handle the situations that arise in the story. Who do you think you are, Ray Bradbury? You can’t go around writing well-rounded characters; IT MAKES THE STORY GOOD! Dummy…

5. Don’t get me started on the setting. What is with this unique idea of making a place that is always cloud interesting? Haven’t you read any of the books by R.L. Stine? Your setting are only supposed to add boring details to the exposition and bog down the story, not add mystery and context to it. Duh!

6. Oh, I forgot the illustrations. What makes you think you can be unique even in your artwork? The colors all blend into some weird display of satisfying aesthetics. There is nothing in the background to distract you from what’s important. Why do you want great artwork to go together with a great story? This level of equality has to stop. Now.

7. You wrote the tickling scenes too well. I felt like I was there in the room as the action was happening. All the scenes followed a similar format never adding too much or showing signs of slowing down. All the reactions and techniques written sounds like they are coming from someone who knows what they are talking about. You can’t cheat and rely on previous knowledge. You have to write the story as though you have never had any experience with the subject and Googled the information 10 minutes before writing the story.

What I am trying to say is, if you could have made the novel as a whole… blander… and less… epically amazing, that’d be great.

Your most enthusiastic fan,
Nohbdy000

-----------------------

It comes at a fun time, as I'm currently working on a new Bounce chix pin up book and comic. yeah a new Bounce Chix COMIC. It's been too long.

A million thanks again to everyone for the support and sorry for the necromancy.

Deeto

Well Bandito, you deffinitly deserve the praise. I've read your work, and you have a reason to be proud. Your an excelent writer and artist, and more then anything, know your charactors inside out, which makes a great transition from mind to paper. I'm looking forward to seeing your future writing.

Last edited:
I recently bought and read the novel Bounce of Aces and the Mystery of Duchess Valentine and I have some constructive criticism:

1. If you just tone down the alluring cover-art so that a person going to read it isn't instantly captivated and entranced by the beauty and detail of the overall incredible design, that would help...

2. The story seems a bit "award-winning"... Although everybody wins in the end, it doesn’t come off as a sappy Disney movie ending. Were you feeling like an overachiever that day? The flow of events is simple and enjoyable with a steady pace that doesn’t bore or confuse the reader: that is not something you want in a novel. The plot itself reads like something that knows it exist for the enjoyment of reading. Not wise.

3. The dialogue is too delectable. With words like “bozo deluxe” and “little biscuit” the characters seem realistic and yet unique. This makes the conversations spontaneous and fun. I don’t know who told you that was a good idea for a novel, but they were wrong. The dialogue is supposed to be filler for the boring narration, which you also fail to do.

4. The Characters themselves have too much… well… character and too much individuality. Everyone from the main characters and foil down to the minor characters are too distinct. Each character trait expressed in dialogue and narration set them apart and makes them as unique as their name. Actually, if they didn’t have names, they would still be easily discernable. Haven’t you heard of stock and flat characters? You’re supposed to have hundreds of useless nobodies spouting off one or two lines and then throwing them away. Rookie mistake. Moreover, why is the narrator so descriptive and relatable? She is constantly analyzing her decisions and using her strengths and weaknesses to handle the situations that arise in the story. Who do you think you are, Ray Bradbury? You can’t go around writing well-rounded characters; IT MAKES THE STORY GOOD! Dummy…

5. Don’t get me started on the setting. What is with this unique idea of making a place that is always cloud interesting? Haven’t you read any of the books by R.L. Stine? Your setting are only supposed to add boring details to the exposition and bog down the story, not add mystery and context to it. Duh!

6. Oh, I forgot the illustrations. What makes you think you can be unique even in your artwork? The colors all blend into some weird display of satisfying aesthetics. There is nothing in the background to distract you from what’s important. Why do you want great artwork to go together with a great story? This level of equality has to stop. Now.

7. You wrote the tickling scenes too well. I felt like I was there in the room as the action was happening. All the scenes followed a similar format never adding too much or showing signs of slowing down. All the reactions and techniques written sounds like they are coming from someone who knows what they are talking about. You can’t cheat and rely on previous knowledge. You have to write the story as though you have never had any experience with the subject and Googled the information 10 minutes before writing the story.

What I am trying to say is, if you could have made the novel as a whole… blander… and less… epically amazing, that’d be great.

Your most enthusiastic fan,
Nohbdy000

Nohbdy000,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fun and witty review! I enjoyed reading it very much.

Jim
MTJ Publishing

Last edited:
Cosmo: Thanks so much, my friend. I'm not sure how worthy I am of those kind words, but they are greatly and truly appreciated. Seriously - thanks.

Jim: I know you wrote that to Nobody000...but I have to say that without you none of this would be possible. Remember when I first told you I was thinking of doing a Bounce Chix novel? The rest, as they say, is history. LMAO.

Thanks again everyone.

B

What's New

6/17/2024
Visit Door 44 Productions for ticklign clips! Details in the D44 box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back