• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Bush vs. Bush Lite - who said it?

evilqueen

TMF Master
In the same vein as JoBelle's fine thread with quotes from religious fantatics like Osama bin Laden and Pat Robertson, I present the words of George Herbert and George Walker Bush. Read their lips and guess who made the following statements, Daddy or Dubya. Careful, one quote's a ringer!

1. You cannot be president of the United States if you don't have faith. Remember Lincoln, going to his knees in times of trial and the Civil War and all that stuff. You can't be. And we are blessed. So don't feel sorry for - don't cry for me, Argentina.

2. I think I've got to do better in making clear what the message is, and I think I can do better. But I think there's so much noise out there that I've got to figure out how to make it clearer that we are for the things that I have advocated that would help.

3. The fundamental question is, 'Will I be a successful president when it comes to foreign policy?' I will be, but until I'm the president, it's going to be hard for me to verify that I think I'll be more effective.

4. They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program.

5. I don't know that Atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots.

6. We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed too.

7. It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.

8. It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.

9. We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made.

10. I'm the President. I'm Queen of the May.

The tally:

Daddy gets the credit for 1, 2, 5, and 10.

Dubya lays claim to 3, 4, 7, 8 and 9.

Number 6 is the ringer - a chilling message from Ann Coulter, the Right's bouncing blonde cheerleader, who strikes me as the kind of woman who could eat her own young.

How did you score? :D

evilqueen
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country. -Theodore Roosevelt

Actually I kinda like #6 is Ann considering a run for the presidency.:D

right on evilqueen

Ann Coulters statement is too hilariously inane to get upset over. Does she really consider John Walker a liberal? Are the Taliban a group of permissive lefty peaceniks? I wish Ann would speak out more as I never have a problem seeing the opposing view defined by an idiot.

Headtripper 25

I done good

For a moment there, I thought I might fail. Actually, to my surprise, I got 8 of the 9 Bush(e)s right (the ringer slipped my mind). I incorrectly attributed #9 to Daddy-o. A lot of them seemed like they could go either way. Thanx eq- it was a tough but fair test.

:blaugh: A bird in the White House is better than two of the Bush(s).

I answered 1. and 2. wrong- got the rest.

Man! Missed two! Well, evilqueen, your probably going to have me shanghied to your dungeon to straiten me out for failing you!

Oooooooooh-ALRIGHT! :D

Tact

Don't you love our "President"? From a pre-rigged election to the puppet of the GOP.

I can't wait until we have a leader in this country again. Oops, was I just "unpatriotic"? Someone call McCarthy.

:sowrong:

No offense but the election was not rigged. Gore had a decisive advantage he could have associated himself with Clinton who is immnesely popular inspite of his problems but chose not too. He alienated most of south by never going there at all, he even lost his home state of Tennessee because they felt he barely represented them. He alienated so many of his own party that a crackpot like Ralph Nader could come in and get 4 to 5% of the vote. Those democrats would have given him the election. Lets be honest Bush ran a better campaign, if Gore had run a better campaign he would be president. You can cry all you want, recount the votes from now to doomsday with all the different chads by machine, or by hand but the bottom line is Gore blew it. Sorry but thats the way I see it.

Kurch, you raise some valid points and I agree with a few of them. However, nothing will ever convince me that the machine politic wasn't behind Bush's election, at least once it got close. You have a contested state where his brother is Gov., one of his high ranking campaign personell is State's Attorney (what a moron she is!)...too much to ignore. Plus, a lot of other things I don't want to bog this thread down with. I can't believe that someone as openly ignorant and downright unintelligent became President of the Untied States on his own.

Not trying to start an argument or anything, but sometimes you just get a feeling on something, and I usually tend to be at least close on mine. I will never recognize Dubya as the legitimate President and I have not one ounce of political respect for the man, September 11th notwithstanding.

:cool:

There is a lot of corruption in Florida but a great deal of it is on the Democratic side especially in those counties like Dade. I know of a case where Republican lady who was black lost an election that was really close because they kept on recounting and counting her votes until finally they figured out a way to get the democratic candidate to win. So there is more than enough corruption to go around in Florida. Thats why an election that should of taken a couple of weeks at most to decide took a couple of months. In all recounting scenarios by accounts of even the most liberal newspapers Bush would have won, the only one in which he might of lost is if Gore had asked for a recount of the whole state of Florida. However Gore felt maybe rightly at that time he was better off just recounting those heavily democratic districts. A mistake it seems in retrospect.

As for me I was not thrilled with my choices of Twidil-Dumb and Twildil-Dumber for the 2000 election. I don't know why they don't make democrats like Hubert Humphrey or JFK anymore. Heck at least when JFK fooled around with women they were really great looking. Its probably why the last democrat I had any respect for was Carter. I don't agree with many of his policies but he was honest at least. Anyway for the 2000 election I voted for the guy with the higher SAT scores. Can you guess who that is? His middle initial is W if thats any help.

Anyway Dave I think we all can agree that they should computerize the whole election system or something so we don't have to suffer through anymore nightmare recounting scenarios which I think leave things open to corruption on both sides. Just my two cents though and I was just trying to raise a few points hopefully of some interest not to try to start an argument.

"We have gone from a JFK to a Gore. From an Eisenhower to a Bush. At this rate we will soon be voting for plants. I would like to run my candidate Phil O'Dendron. All he needs is some light and some water and he is fine and that is a platform I can support."
Comedian Lewis Black (slightly paraphrased)

Dave2112 said:
Kurch, you raise some valid points and I agree with a few of them. However, nothing will ever convince me that the machine politic wasn't behind Bush's election, at least once it got close. You have a contested state where his brother is Gov., one of his high ranking campaign personell is State's Attorney (what a moron she is!)...too much to ignore. Plus, a lot of other things I don't want to bog this thread down with. I can't believe that someone as openly ignorant and downright unintelligent became President of the Untied States on his own.

Not trying to start an argument or anything, but sometimes you just get a feeling on something, and I usually tend to be at least close on mine. I will never recognize Dubya as the legitimate President and I have not one ounce of political respect for the man, September 11th notwithstanding.

:cool:

Very true words Dave. Dubya isn't the pres because he's a fine political light. He's the pres because it was planned for years, probably from his childhood.Like his father and 32 other Presidents, he's related big time to old aristocracy.

I suppose people believe what they want, for me I'm not a big goverment conspiracy theory guy. No one in goverment is that smart. If Bush and his people are so ignorant how could they rig an entire election. It doesn't make sense. Sometimes life is simple, and there is no need to make it complicated. Gore lost because he ran a horrible campaign and thats it.

If you want to talk about aristocracies in the US then you got to mention the Kennedys, Bigjim. Of course I liked JFK. He had good taste in the women he fooled around with, unlike Billy boy. He also believed in tax cuts, quite a rare thing for a democrat.

Anyway I will bow out gracefully I don't want to ruffle anymore feathers. I suppose I am an oddity, a staunchly conserative democrat with a strong tickling fetish and I guess you guys are stuck with me. :)

"I am a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, and covered in secret sauce."
Jimmy James from Newsradio

kurchatovium said:
I suppose people believe what they want, for me I'm not a big goverment conspiracy theory guy. No one in goverment is that smart. If Bush and his people are so ignorant how could they rig an entire election. It doesn't make sense. Sometimes life is simple, and there is no need to make it complicated. Gore lost because he ran a horrible campaign and thats it.

If you want to talk about aristocracies in the US then you got to mention the Kennedys, Bigjim.

It would'nt have mattered if Gore won either. Like Bush he's a "bloodline" dude. As for the Kennedys; hell they're descended from the ancient gaelic kings of Ireland, so they are sure as hell "aristocracy" too.

Just for the record, Kurch...you didn't ruffle my feathers. It's just a theory I have, and I don't expect anyone to sign on to it. Big government is full of behind-the doors crap on both sides, and I'm just one of those who'se suspicious of pretty much everything.:rolleyes:

Please don't get the feeling that you offended me, because you didn't at all. Politics is a touchy issue, and we all have our differing opinions. It's our right to do just that that makes us Americans in the first place. I just don't like Bush, I sure as hell don't trust him and I'm getting tired of inept leaders hiding behind PC wars to cover thier policies elsewhere. It's gotten to the point where you'd be ousted as "unpatriotic" if Bush decided to invade Canada or something, you know?

Ok, I'm done. :D :cool:

Well I can agree with you in the sense that I don't much care for the choices I've had in terms of leaders either and for me that includes Clinton as well. I do miss the days of Humphrey or JFK where leaders though maybe still flawed seemed much more genuine. Thats why I included the Lewis Black quote in one of my posts.

Like you said some people get very touchy about politics and religion and I try to tread lightly when discussing them so debates don't get too heated. That is not always an easy thing to do.

So would you like to support Phil O'Dendron for president in 2004? :)

What's New

6/16/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT,. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back