• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Dear America...

BigJim

Level of Cherry Feather
Dear America. We love you really.

Despite the fact that we take the piss out of you mercilessly, there is much we love about America. You still use the same measurement in volume, distance and temperature that most of us in the UK do. You're not afraid to be old-fashioned to the point of archaicness, which is something that English people find rare and precious in this shitty world.

Yep, you are quite a country, despite the fact that most of your governments consider us to be little more than a conveniently placed aircraft carrier or warehouse most of the time, and totally arse-fucked us over both Suez and Grenada.

But we forgive you these things, because you are so... just... American. We love you, honestly we do. I certainly do.

But there is one thing... one straw that snaps the camel's back... one crowning turd in the water pipe... one rank fart in the astronaut's suit that cannot be tolerated any more.

And it falls to me to show y'all the way to truth and light in this. It falls to me, humble old Jim, to bring you back to the bounds of acceptability, as befits the status of a gentleman from the Old Country, educating the colonials.

Please enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLTQv8RH1TE

And remember. We love ya. :roseglasses:

So, if I call him 'Van-Golf', that's just a turd, but if it's 'Van-Go,' it's a turd with corn.

I do eat a lot of corn, truth be told...

:p

So, if I call him 'Van-Golf', that's just a turd, but if it's 'Van-Go,' it's a turd with corn.

I do eat a lot of corn, truth be told...

:p

Yep, nothing makes my bloody ears bleed more than hearing someone call him "Van Go".

Although hearing an American trying to pronounce British city Loughborough and county Leicestershire is highly amusing rather than annoying.

One one occasion the former came out as Loo-gah-barh-ooga and the latter as Lie-cester-shiree.

We have quite a few Native American towns and rivers and such I'll bet you'd have a tough time with.

The Schuylkill River, Manyunk, Pottowatomie, etc.

Although hearing an American trying to pronounce British city Loughborough and county Leicestershire is highly amusing rather than annoying.

One one occasion the former came out as Loo-gah-barh-ooga and the latter as Lie-cester-shiree.

well if you didnt make things so tricky to pronounce then it wouldnt be an issue :neenerneener: lol i mean, c'mon, 99.9% of the things in America are easily pronounced... :D

We have quite a few Native American towns and rivers and such I'll bet you'd have a tough time with.

Very true, but I never claimed to be a speaker of any Innuit dialects. ;)

well if you didnt make things so tricky to pronounce then it wouldnt be an issue :neenerneener: lol i mean, c'mon, 99.9% of the things in America are easily pronounced... :D

Those two are perfectly pronounceable, if you don't willfully reverse the polarity of every vowel you see. :rainbowbounce:

Congratulations on becoming one of my new favorite people. :3 Doctor Who is the best show on television.

On topic, I'm American, and even I can't stand "van go." ugh.

My friend, you aren't American, you're OLYMPIAN! :D

By the way ... wibbly wobbly timey wimey.

Korastus, PM me sometime and we'll talk about our geek credentials. :D

You can PM me too, BigJim. :D

(I need to visit England again sometime...)

While I didn't watch your lovely clips, I did have the pleasure of watching an American pronounce Van Gogh a la Dutch. I slapped him on the back - thought he had a hairball. Oy! And you know, we're changing the pronunciation of everything and all the rules - it's IllinoiS now and Opposum and Don Kwicksot (Don "Quixote" for y'all). Don't be all so high fallutin ! ;) WE can't be the ones who look like fools...

Very amusing, Big Jim. :p Thanks for the link. :D

PS: I didn't realize that anybody younger than I am remembers the 1956 Suez War in the Middle East. You must have read about it. Yes, Eisenhower royally screwed you (and the French and the Israelis).

Or, for that matter, Yaphank, Ho-Ho-Kus, or Coxsackie.

Or, for that matter, Yaphank, Ho-Ho-Kus, or Coxsackie.

The difference being, once corrected we'd make an effort out of deference to the originators of such wonderful names, not deliberately mis-pronounce them to annoy the entire world on purpose. :p

What's New

5/10/2024
Our Welcome forum has a place for you to introduce yourself. Say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back