• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Depressed at people on here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soy un perdedor
I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?

:dancingbanana::jester::dancingbanana:

Sometimes, people who loathe themselves project the failings they see in themselves onto others and then make fun of others for these supposed failings. What I'm curious about is why a self professed success story who has company directorships under his belt and designs on starting his own tickling video production outfit would care enough about other people's foibles to question them in such a brusque manner :-o

Because i'm having a dilemma.

I love this tickling community, but I don't want to be part of it, if it means that I am a loser.

I would want to do production work, and would take all the pitfalls that come with that line of work, but if all the producers are really so hard up - why should I bother?

That's why I asked the question.

Wait, is the basic question of this thread; is it because we're on the TMF, that we're losers?

Is there a cliff notes version of this, plz?

Wait, is the basic question of this thread; is it because we're on the TMF, that we're losers?

Is there a cliff notes version of this, plz?

it's more about my dumbass questioning.

i have never really got very close to this forum, or to tickling.

This is largely out of a fear that it would be a very bad move.

I wondered if being an active part of this community is a good thing or a bad thing on the whole.

I asked it in a stupid way however.

by the way - what is cliff notes?

Hi,

I'm sure a lot of people on here are total go-getting winners, living life to the full, and that all producers are multi-millionaires living in Tropical tax-havens,

but...

i'm so depressed at the number of people who seem to be undesirable on here (that may or may not include me - i hope it doesn't).

I'm thinking of: -

• People without jobs
  • People whose lives have collapsed
  • People with terrible illnesses
  • People with no ambition
  • Producers who film their films in squalour and look as poor as a church mouse
  • People with no money
  • People with no families
  • People with no relationships

Are we on the whole a pathetic bunch, or are we successful winners??

Please dont shoot me for asking this, it has troubled me for a long time. In blunt terms, does coming to this site make me a loser?

Naw my friend that is not true a lot of people on here or doing fine financially and have lots of friends...lol you would be surprised!! Give it another shot with some more people

CliffsNotes are a series of student study guides available primarily in the United States. The guides present and explain literary and other works in pamphlet form or online. Endorsers say the guides help readers understand complex works, while detractors say they let students avoid even reading them.

I wondered if being an active part of this community is a good thing or a bad thing on the whole.

In all honesty, if you feel the need to question whether being involved in the community would be a bad move, then it is. You apparently have a negative outlook of what the community is about and you will bring those bad feelings in with you, breeding more negativity both towards you from the community and vice-versa.

Case in point, this thread itself reeks of negativity. You started out in a negative manner. It doesn't matter if you feel you worded it wrong or not. You did it. Thus, the beginnings of much negative feedback, which breeds hostility and disrespect. Bad blood results and next thing you know, the "C" word is being thrown around, lines get drawn and threads get turned into flame battles.

So yeah, if you feel negatively about being a part of the community, then you shouldn't be here. And at the risk of sounding even more like a total dick, we don't want you here. Ok, that sounds harsh. It's not you personally, but rather your negativity we don't want. Yeah, people disagree, arguments happen. Can you honestly say you have never had a friend you haven't gotten into an argument with? It happens. But like a good friend of mine always says (and yeah, me and him have almost come to blows a few times in arguments) "What'll make ya mad will make ya glad".

So to be on point with what you say was what you intended for this thread: if you only see a negative side to being here, you feel you'd be a loser among losers by being here, then you shouldn't be. End of story. Nothing is all roses, sunshine and rainbows but I'd say we do pretty damn good for ourselves, both as a whole and as individuals.

Hi,

I'm sure a lot of people on here are total go-getting winners, living life to the full, and that all producers are multi-millionaires living in Tropical tax-havens,

but...

i'm so depressed at the number of people who seem to be undesirable on here (that may or may not include me - i hope it doesn't).

I'm thinking of: -

• People without jobs
  • People whose lives have collapsed
  • People with terrible illnesses
  • People with no ambition
  • Producers who film their films in squalour and look as poor as a church mouse
  • People with no money
  • People with no families
  • People with no relationships

Please dont shoot me for asking this, it has troubled me for a long time. In blunt terms, does coming to this site make me a loser?

Yep, we sure are a sorry bunch of people, aren't we?

But goddamn we love it...

...party at BabyShambles peoples!! Last one to the unemployed line is a rotten egg!

-Xionking

PS. I hope you can find peace of mind here, BabyShambles. It just takes a bit of time.

Yeah, losers, more or less. Come on guys, don't get pissy because shambles brings up a question that just happens to be the truth - embrace it, so that you may learn to counteract it.

LOSERS 4 LYFE

Masturbating to tickling I can't come close to in real life. WORD

Yep, we sure are a sorry bunch of people, aren't we?

But goddamn we love it...

...party at BabyShambles peoples!! Last one to the unemployed line is a rotten egg!

-Xionking

PS. I hope you can find peace of mind here, BabyShambles. It just takes a bit of time.

:imthedj: This place will be whatever you make it to be for yourself. It's only one part of life and life as a whole makes us who we are.

Cliff notes is the short version of something, more or less.

Well, as long as you admit that it was asked stupidly. :)

I don't think it's a good or a bad thing in a whole, whether or not you are overtly active or not. It's only about how much you want to put in and take out.

What would made it a good thing to you?

A bad?

Why does it really matter to you, personally?

Sometimes, people who loathe themselves project the failings they see in themselves onto others and then make fun of others for these supposed failings. What I'm curious about is why a self professed success story who has company directorships under his belt and designs on starting his own tickling video production outfit would care enough about other people's foibles to question them in such a brusque manner :-o

Astute.

I love this tickling community, but I don't want to be part of it, if it means that I am a loser.

I'll offer you the same advice I offer everyone: If you ask a question, you've probably already answered it; the best decision is usually to move in the direction your doubt or your instinct dictates.

You seem to be making your own evaluation that the folks here are losers, and insist their denials are biased. Why then ask for their opinion? You've made your decision. It would be the safest decision to escape your definition of loserdom and leave. That way, you don't even run the risk of being a loser per your own definition.

I, for one, would never have you become a loser, Babyshambles, and I bid you Happy Trails.

Oh I beg to differ. The point is that you have the money to enjoy life. You can say what you want about money not buying happiness, but quite honestly, it does. You want to enjoy life by going out mountain climbing or sky diving? Well that costs money. Mostly everything costs money. And it might not buy people's affection, but it pays for the means of actually meeting people sometimes.

perhaps i was a bit unclear.

what i stated was: you have the money, you do all there is...then what? there's no more adventure, or struggle. no blood, sweat and tears involved in anything. all that's left is money piling up in the bank, and being able to say "I'm rich!".

@Babyshambles: if being a part of this community means you're a loser, then i am so terribly sorry. being active in a community where there's people that give a damn, sharing many common interest (besides tickling, bondage, etc.)...no, that doesn't sound like being a loser to me. it's more of being a part of something that makes sense.

I'm reminded of the old Groucho Marx line, "I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me for a member."

You say that you always understood that it was socially unacceptable to admit weakness or to admit being sad or depressed or feeling defeated, and that everybody who isn't a loser should know how to let the rough side drag and let the smooth side show. Well, you know what? That's not always possible, for anybody--not even you, Baby Shambles. For that reason, it's nice to have a place that's a sanctuary from being judged or being called a loser if you share something you're struggling with. But you know what? The other people here need you to respect that it's also their sanctuary from being called a loser. If anyone ever doubted that this was a nice forum, the volume of responses that you got which were a lot nicer and kinder than your own original post should make that clear. This is the forum you're looking for, Baby Shambles, because you're obviously just as vulnerable to life as the rest of us. But you'll have to be willing to belong to a club that would have you for a member.

perhaps i was a bit unclear.

what i stated was: you have the money, you do all there is...then what? there's no more adventure, or struggle. no blood, sweat and tears involved in anything. all that's left is money piling up in the bank, and being able to say "I'm rich!".
Well, I dunno man, not everyone wants to have to struggle their whole lives. Myself, I could see having a nice, fairly carefree life as being quite enjoyable, but to each their own I guess. *shrugs*

So... wait, you made that thread, "Am I Invisible?", bewailing the lack of attention you receive on the TMF, and now you're having second thoughts about being part of the community you feel has rejected you because we may or may not all be "losers"?

Oh, you ;D

So... wait, you made that thread, "Am I Invisible?", bewailing the lack of attention you receive on the TMF, and now you're having second thoughts about being part of the community you feel has rejected you because we may or may not all be "losers"?

Oh, you ;D

lolololol. Win.

I think that we all can benefit from this CD.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OG2U3vbRG9U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OG2U3vbRG9U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Oh, you ;D

Astute indeed.

I guess making a thread questioning whether the population of the TMF are losers is one sure way to get attention.

If attention is your real endgame then you are certainly succeeding. I also noticed the Am I Invisible thread, and I guess I was one of those rude Americans who didn't respond because your query came off as self indulgent and of little value beyond satisfying a cry for attention. Certainly this thread is self indulgent too but its at least raised some interesting issues, such as how do we perceive this community in relation to ourselves and is this an optimal outlook.

Whether you phrased your op too harshly or not, and you did, you revealed a great deal about yourself. You appear to be someone that judges people by superficialities often beyond their control. You evaluate these qualities to place people in the categories of winners and losers.

My opinion is that viewing the world and its people in this dichotomy isn't a productive or accurate way to view the world. As many have pointed out, they are very happy with their lives despite suffering through many of the hardships you named that would make them losers. But even more, when you place people into one of two categories you wash over all the shades of grey in between.

People are so complex and diverse in terms of values, beliefs, history, goals, etc.... I know people that are married, have great jobs, good family, that I still think are jerks not worth a second of my time. I know people who are unemployed, come from broken families and other past or present tragedies that I consider some of the greatest people I could ever meet.

To really be happy in any community, online or irl, you need the ability to take each person on a case by basis and instead of determining whether they are a loser or winner, determine the quality of their character. How do they treat their friends, what is their demeanor like, how do they make others feel during interactions? These sort of questions go a lot further to eventually figuring out if you wish to belong to a certain group of people than the ones you proffered in your OP.

My own enjoyment of the forum is not in anyway related to how well off in life those around me are. Over time I have made some amazing friends on here, and during that time our fortunes in life have changed for better or worse (sadly too much worse these days). Those friendships have validated my belonging in this community tenfold.

When I see people post about their problems in life, my response is not , "Do I want to be associated with these persons?" Instead I like to see what that person is like when he or she is able to get past those problems. I also am interested in who will be quick to respond with open arms, encouragement, and advice on how to overcome, and who will turn away or condemn.

Perhaps asking a different set of questions might yield some more meaningful information about those around you and whether you wish to join them. I don't think there's much hope you will ever be happy with the TMF if you continue to view people or a community as a whole in black and white.

Critical Thinking, huh?

Amusing. It's only now that I became conscious of the "invisible" picture. Actually, I don't care if the people I interact around here are eunuchs, genitally mutilated, lepers, pathologically tweaked. Even if you hit your head on the monitor, your whole charms and beautiful @ss won't make it "live" at the TMF forums other than worded or digital representations you type/upload... Maybe it makes a difference for those who attended the gatherings. Interacting around, some have really educated writings, some are remarkable, and so far my PM box had not been stained yet by, you know, murky fluids.

Just one question...what caused those blighted impressions on you?

Last edited:
Just one question...what caused those blighted impressions on you?

It seems like not a day goes by without someone or other posting a thread about some catastrophe in their life.

It is depressing.

You never see this on most other forums (that I use) and I just wonder if it is a) A predominantly American phenomenon or b) that people here are non-too-successful.

You call it a cry for attention??? I don't get why you would think that??

People post all sorts of things here that are beyond my comprehension.

Why would anyone publicise the death of a loved one on something like the Tickling Media Forum?

Is it because, as is sometimes the case with me, these people have nobody else to tell? Does that reveal anything about the make-up of this group?

Also - I believe in Darwinian Evolution, so sorry guys, but I do think that there is a dividing line between winners and losers. There always has been and there always will be. You may be happy as a loser, or sad as a winner, but you are still a winner or a loser.

I just wonder if we're a bunch of self-indulgent, fantasists that have no clue about the real world.

I guarantee someone will quote me here and make a DIRECT ATTACK on me.

In fact, I have not made a direct attack on anyone. I have asked the general questin as to whether this group is made up of winners or losers, and since that group includes me, I felt entitled to ask it. I haven't attacked any one individual, and I would appreciate it if you didn't attack me.

Answer the questiion if you want, or ignore it. It's your choice. But don't insult me for asking it.

Also - I asked the question - are we a bunch of losers, and since most people haven't exactly been enthusiastic about declaring themselves winners, I think I might have an answer.

If you have to ask why people post those sort of threads, then you have absolutely no understanding of what a community is actually about. I have many friends thru this forum, and like most people, discuss my highs and lows with people I identify with, i.e. FRIENDS. We all have our own experiences in life and when we are faced with something we're not sure how to handle, we turn to others in the hopes they have advice and experience to help us. Perhaps if you didn't force yourself into the role of an outsider by drawing lines and making ambiguous statements like this, you would understand that.

As far as winning or losing goes, I look at it like this: I was born with nothing. As it stands right now, I have a lot more than I had when I was born, so I'm way ahead of the game. When I die, I'll have nothing, so I'll be breaking even. I can live with calling it a draw.

As far as winning or losing goes, I look at it like this: I was born with nothing. As it stands right now, I have a lot more than I had when I was born, so I'm way ahead of the game. When I die, I'll have nothing, so I'll be breaking even. I can live with calling it a draw.

I like that quote :)

Perhaps you could listen to my favourite American singer at the moment - Seasick steve. He was a hobo for many years and lived under a bridge. Not he is a multi-millionaire.

Check this out.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Px8R2a7ZLpA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Px8R2a7ZLpA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's New

6/15/2024
If you need to report a post the report button is on its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back