• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Gatherings Fun or uncomfortalble and awkward?

ticklishfeetnyc

TMF Regular
Just wanted to know everyone's take on this. Gatherings sounded like alot of fun when I first heard about them years ago. I finally mustered up the courage to go to one, and it was not what I thought it would be. The people were very nice and it was a home setting. I just could not get use to the idea of being with everyone there and constantly using the T word. The people were an even number so it was good. I did not meet any of the people so I felt a little awkward. I did get my chance to be tickled so that was fun, but my sensitivity was not as sharp since I was nervous. I don't think I will go to another. One since I am married and do not think my wife would be down for it. And another reason I am happy being tickled by my wife since she is the best ler I have ever know:headbang: The gathering I went to just seemed very strange because it was something I never experienced. Don't get me wrong the people were nice but it was just not my thing. I did reference checks before I went so it was not just a bunch of crazies. They were all unique

They are both funcomfortable and unkward. :cool:

Hey hi just wanted to say, hey don't feel too bad about this. I have been there and I have done that. I got to say myself the first time I was at a gathering-granted being a gathering I helped co-host it was not what I expected. I mean yeah it was a lot of fun and it was great in lots of ways. Yeah there were nice people and some friends I made. However I found it very awkward and bit uncomfortable myself at times. Then again that is probably because I have not ever really felt at home and not have felt real comfortable w groups. Always has been this way even when younger and especially also this way in middle school and high school.

I guess you could say while when younger I would have loved to have had friends, I was more a loner not really a social person at first. I mean over time I got out of my cocoon and became bit of a braver social butterfly but it took many years and now yet at times still have bit of that shy side come out from time to time. So I know what you are saying. I thought I would be totally comfortable but there were instances when public tickling was happening -not one on one ( viewing or participating in tickling) that I felt a bit strange and awkward-like I did not really belong. So you are not alone.

I can't really say what my take would be on it because I've yet to be at one but I can understand you're feelings and where you're coming from. Some people are extremely private and tickling someone or being tickled while there was an audience might make one feel a bit uncomfy. For me though, because this happens often to me, if it were some friendly tickle fights that broke out between folks, I'd be ok with it because I know from experience that it is a lot of fun to be tickled that way. But anything including bondage, yeah, that would have to be done privately. I wouldn't feel comfortable knowing someone was watching me like that and I don't think I'd be able to enjoy the experience while being on display. That's how I roll. Could things change? Perhaps and again this is with me never being at a gathering but I do know how I feel about tickling so this is a pretty good estimate. :)

Gatherings are fun for me. It does take a little bit of "Hi, my name is ______, nice to meet you" kind of effort, but everyone at the gatherings I've been to (Albany, NHLee, NEST) are incredibly friendly. Obviously I can't vouch for every gathering, but I tend to believe that gatherings are what you make them.

I've been to one.

At first you are nervous, but we had our gathering at a large restaurant so it was just the fact that you are there to eat, took your mind off of the tickling conversations. Also you had to watch your language as there were waitresses around you and families sitting at the next table. :serenity:

I think it depends largely on ones personality. It's certainly not for everyone. But, they can also be a lot of fun...and don't have to revolve entirely around tickling and tickle talk. Yes, they are an opportunity for such. But, many of those who've been to gatherings have become friends and spend plenty of time with everyday conversation. All gatherings are at least a bit different. So, experiences vary along those lines as well.

I find gatherings very uncomfortable and very awkward. I attended a NEST gathering a couple years ago, and although everyone was nice, I still felt like an "outsider"and wasn't able to connect with anyone. I don't know if I was just too nervous or I didn't "fit in", but the experience has kept me from ever attending another one.

I felt very similar at the beginning of my first gathering. I was uncomfortable and nervous and nauseous and scared -- and I was also considerably less ticklish than usual the first time I played - and I attribute that to nerves.

It didn't take long for all of my anxiety to dissipate, and me to have an amazing time. Since then, I still get a little nervous before gatherings (even though I've been to 5, I think), but it never lasts long :)

They are AMAZING!!! Almost indescribable. Overwhelming in the best way!!!! <3

I was very nervous going to my first gathering (in January 2003), but it turned out to be fun. They are a lot of fun for me. The most fun of all is not the play, but rather being among friends. :grouphug:

I was a little cautious at my first gathering but since then I just relax and have a great time.

Last edited:
With me being a brand new "ticklephilie", I have yet to experience a gathering. I think I would be nervous, too the first time. But knowing me, I will become less and less nervous as the minutes pass and eventually play and have fun.

They're mostly fun, but there is definitely a fair share of awkward and uncomfortable.

I think, to a great extent, it generally depends on what your personality is like. Those who are outgoing in general are probably going to have an easier time loosening up than those who are shy by nature. I base this off of my personal experiences.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back