• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

great quotes from the famous

sadira

3rd Level Red Feather
Ok, gang....we've all heard them or found them one place or another. I'm interested in hearing the quotes you like that have been spoken or written by the famous. I received one from my boss in an email this week that I think is great.....

"Remember that people forget what you say, and what you do, but they never forget the way you make them feel." Maya Angelou

Your turn.....:D

Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775:

"It is in vain, sir, to extentuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace--but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

"It would indeed be ironic if, in the name of national defense, we would sanction the subversion of those liberties which make the defense of our nation worthwhile."
Earl Warren, jurist (1891-1974)

"It is strange the way the ignorant and inexperienced so often and so undeservedly succeed when the informed and the experienced fail."

Also, one I hear often at my school:

"Classic--a book which people praise and don't read."

Both by Mark Twain :)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Abraham Lincoln (and numerous others)

great thread cutie pie!

Eleanor Roosevelt: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Pretty right on, isn't it? :)

XOXO

Albert Einstein

"The definition of crazy is to repeat the same action over and over again and expect different results."

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."
-- Mel Brooks

~ toyou

"I note the derogatory rumors concerning my use of alcoholic stimulants and lavish living. It is the penalty of greatness."
--W.C. Fields

Ignatz said:
"I note the derogatory rumors concerning my use of alcoholic stimulants and lavish living. It is the penalty of greatness."
--W.C. Fields

My favorite:

"A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
W. C. Fields quotes (American Comic and Actor, 1880-1946)

~ toyou

"Even the smallest feline is a work of art" :cat:
~Leonardo Da Vinci

Some more Yogi Berra quotes...

"Nobody eats there any more. It's too crowded."

"Baseball is ninety percent mental, and the other half physical"

"When you get to the fork in the road, take it."

This is more of a dialogue between Branch Rickey and Ralph Kiner.

Ralph Kiner a slugger in his day had hit 52 homeruns in 1 season. Goes to Branch Rickey and asks for a raise. Mr. Rickey wanted to cut his pay by 25% from the previous year. Ralph Kiner said," I hit 52 homeruns last year and drove in 130 runs." Mr. Rickey asked, " son where did we finish?" Ralph replied, " last. But it was no fault of mine. " Branch Rickey said, " we can finish last without you." The next day Ralph Kiner was traded from the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Young pitcher (name escapes me), facing Rogers Hornsby at the plate, loudly disputes a called strike. The umpire bellows back, "Young man, when you put one over the plate, Mr. Hornsby will let you know!"

steph said:
"Even the smallest feline is a work of art" :cat:
~Leonardo Da Vinci

I love it!

While I was in SD USA bought me a couple of magnets... my favorite "my name is 'NO NO bad kitty' what's yours?"

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that."
Bill Shankly

I thought that quite funny but very true.

ticklkitten said:
While I was in SD USA bought me a couple of magnets... my favorite "my name is 'NO NO bad kitty' what's yours?"

Well, I'm not sure if this truly qualifies as a quote...but it's cute, I'll give ya that. But, great stuff so far! Keep going, gang. :D Here's one that I found and thought it fit pretty perfectly here..... :grouphug:

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What! You too? I thought I was the only one!" C.S. Lewis

"I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for
this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually."
James Baldwin, writer (1924-1987)

" Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." Mark Twain

What's New

6/15/2024
If you need to report a post the report button is on its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back