• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Have a Griese Taco

slacker2114

3rd Level White Feather
Just read this story...

ESPN's Griese offers apology for on-air 'taco' quip
Posted to: Auto Racing Sports

The Virginian-Pilot
© October 25, 2009

MARTINSVILLE

Bob Griese, a college football analyst for ESPN, apologized at the end of Saturday's broadcast of the Ohio State-Minnesota football game for a comment he made about Juan Pablo Montoya during the event.

As the network promoted the broadcast of today's Martinsville race on ABC, the top five in the points were highlighted. Montoya fell to sixth after last weekend's race, and one of the announcers asked: "Where's Juan Pablo Montoya?"

Griese, laughing, said: "He's out having a taco."

At the end of the broadcast, Griese said: "Juan Pablo Montoya, he's one of the best drivers in NASCAR. Just want to apologize for the comment I made earlier in the ballgame."

ESPN issued a statement Saturday evening: "During today's telecast of the Ohio State-Minnesota college football game on ESPN, analyst Bob Griese made an inappropriate comment when discussing NASCAR driver Juan Pablo Montoya. Bob apologized during the telecast, and plans to apologize again (Saturday night) during ESPN's college football programming after his plane lands. ESPN has spoken to Bob and he understands that his comment was uncalled for."

C'mon really? He's catching shit for saying Juan Pablo was eating a taco? Thing is, I bet Juan Pablo doesn't even care about the comment. But because of the bullshit political correctness, everyone is thin-skinned and ESPN immediately jumps all over it. Hell, I was watching that game and didn't even notice he said it. So what do you think? Is this an actual issue that needed to be addressed or is it something that's just being blown out of proportion?

Of course someone like YOU wouldn't see a problem with this.

We all know he was mowing the lawn, or washing windows.

Sheesh....taco's. I guess no one's original these days.

Rob

Someone like ME? And what exactly does that imply?

That you are not a fan of taco's. You prefer sandwiches. Oh, and your a Steelers fan. How that makes sense I don't know. I just had a taco.

Rob

Ok, that cracked me up. :bwahaha:

But in all semblance of seriousness, as someone of Mexican descent, do you find this to be a big deal?

Honestly, not at all. There are worse things he could have said. We (Mexican-Americans) are not as sensitive about things like this. I was honestly shocked he apologized. Its not Rev. Al or Jessie would have showed up asking for an apology.

Rob

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back