• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I need some help from someone who knows about computers!

BigJim

Level of Cherry Feather
The problem is this. Most clips of tickling on the net, are Real Media clips as opposed to MPegs. For some reason my PC just will not work with RM clips. I et the soundtrack of the clip,I can hear what's going on, but the viewing screen remains blank. I have tried downloading the software several times in case it didn't do it properly the first time, but this makes no difference.
If anyone can help, please do but remember that I know bugger all about computers except how to turn one on. That being the case, please use language that even an idiot like me will understand. (Hell, I don't even know what "cut and paste" means.)

Any help from you guys would be much appreciated.

Later gators........

Re: Real Player...

qjakal said:
Go here and download the Real Player...then just keep the Basic version after the 14 day trial...it plays .rms ....

http://www.real.com/realone/index.html?lang=en&loc=us

Good luck, and write again if you have any trouble.. Q

I have done mate, several times. I have the latest free version of Real Media Player, but I still have this damn black screen and just the sound. I get occasional flashes of pictures, but these last just a second or two. I'm at a loss for what to do next.:(

Try this link BigJim it will take you to the service department for the real player site from their they might be able to tell you what you need to do. My guess is that you do not have a current enough version of DirectX or current enough video drivers. They should be able to guide you through to get you what you need. Hope this is helpful.

http://service.real.com/help/library/index.html#playing

kurchatovium said:
Try this link BigJim it will take you to the service department for the real player site from their they might be able to tell you what you need to do. My guess is that you do not have a current enough version of DirectX or current enough video drivers. They should be able to guide you through to get you what you need. Hope this is helpful.

http://service.real.com/help/library/index.html#playing

Thanks for the advice mate.....I have just two questions. What is DirectX and what are video drivers??? If it's any help, I have the most up to date version of Real Player there is.

Direct X

Free Download - DirectX Drivers 8.1 - Game Revolution
... Direct X drivers are a must for running almost all Windows games. DirectX 8.1
is the latest version of DirectX. If you don't have DirectX 8.1, you should ...
www.game-revolution.com/download/utilities/directx.htm - 7k - Cached -

Just some propaganda...this should be more info then you really want here..if not, check back again...you'll get it, there's a finite number of things it can be, thank goodness..lol! Q

DirectX and video drivers are independent programs from what is probably supplied with even the most current version of RealPlayer.

DirectX is software that is put out by Microsoft that allows manufacturers of other software products to easily display video and sound for games and other applications. It is usually always present on your computer but is probably not a current version if your computer is old. I think there is a program called dxdiag.exe that is on most computers that will when run tell you what version you have. I would ask the people at realplayer first though before doing anything.

Video drivers are the programs in your computer that tell your video card what to do. They might have to be updated if your computer is very old. Again ask the people at realplayer what to do before doing anything with these files. They should be able to guide through step by step so you don't mess anything up.

Hope this is helpful. Let me know what happens.

Thank you guys, for all the help you offered.I forgot to mention that I'm also using an extremely crappy computer. It's got a 300 MHtz CPU, a 3.2 Gig HD and it only has 28 MB of RAM. Would these ZX Spectrum syle specs have any effect on it's ability to play RM clips?

RAM upgrade...

Given the current low price on RAM, you should probably get a 64meg chip anyway...it sure as hell can't hurt! Q

Re: RAM upgrade...

qjakal said:
Given the current low price on RAM, you should probably get a 64meg chip anyway...it sure as hell can't hurt! Q

I'm doing better than that. I'm buying a new computer. It's got a 2 GigaHertz Pentium 4 CPU, 256 MegaBytes of RAM that I'll double to 512 and a 60 GigaByte Hard Drive. If that don't sort the problem, then bugger all will.

Thanks again for the advice guys.

Well I think that new computer will probably blast any real player problems out of existence. Some new computers come with real player already installed. You may want to find out if yours has it. Anyway congratulations on the new computer, I think the newer versions of Windows are a little more user friendly in my experience.

kurchatovium said:
Well I think that new computer will probably blast any real player problems out of existence. Some new computers come with real player already installed. You may want to find out if yours has it. Anyway congratulations on the new computer, I think the newer versions of Windows are a little more user friendly in my experience.

Up till now I've been using Windows 98. The new one has Windows XP.Let's hope it works.

Hey JimBob,

I find things tend to respond when I flash the screen and wiggle a bit.

Hmm..oh wait..sorry, that's not the computer...nevermind.

Joby:devil:

Wiggly?

Can you say "Free vidcam for Jo?"......;) Q

JoBelle said:
Hey JimBob,

I find things tend to respond when I flash the screen and wiggle a bit.

Hmm..oh wait..sorry, that's not the computer...nevermind.

Joby:devil:

I dunno if that works for the computer, but it sure as hell works for me!!! :veryhappy :veryhappy :veryhappy

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back