• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I outed myself to Facebook today.

I personally would not express any sexual interests on Facebook. I think for most people, it's too much information. But it seems to me that announcing a foot fetish is a lot milder than say announcing a fascination for large breasts or big butts, even though those latter two are proclivities held by a much greater majority.

This is true! If I outed myself about my foot fetish on facebook...people would laugh. If I outed myself about my love of big boobs I'd be ostracized!

GQ

boxleitnerb said:
But to go to facebook and push your sexuality in other peoples faces is plain egocentric and dumb. Who gives a shit about what gets you going?

This is the problem with facebook. Every idiot posts there, what he/she had for breakfast or what color his/her socks are today. Harsh words from me, but I just cannot stand people like you.

I'll be sure to tell my gay friends that they need to take those pictures of their boyfriends off their profiles and stop posting about going places with them, then. And If you can't stand people like me, good thing you're not on my Friends list... and if you were, I wouldn't shed any tears over you leaving it.

TropicThunder said:
Well, considering you don't know who's on his FB, or who's in his life, or whatever, doesn't give you the right to classify it as stupid. He took a big step in admitting something that most people don't have the balls to admit.

Precisely. And just to clarify, gang, the reason I did it was because a few of my friends were taking advantage of National Coming Out Day to, y'know, come out. I respected them for it, and did what I did as a show of solidarity.

As to all you folks who want to know if they thought I was joking, I linked to a blog post I made which discusses my foot fetish. So, proof.

It's now been three days, and I've gotten one additional Like on my post. Nobody's burned my house down yet. And while I appreciate everyone telling me I'm brave, or have a great set of brass ones, or whatever... no, I don't. I honestly didn't think twice about it, and that's really my point. It's just not that big a deal.

LD_Tickler said:
Why not mention tickling, too?

Because my tickling fetish is an outgrowth of my foot fetish. I consider them pretty much the same thing.

Have a good one, folks!

More power to ya, bro. Facebook is meant for you to put what's on your mind, no matter the case. In the text box where you post your status it even says, "What's on your mind?" If you sign up for Facebook and then gripe about people saying what's on their mind, that's like going to a car audio shop and getting pissed at the loud music. What do you expect?

Anyway, enough of my ranting...good on ya, I'm the same way. I really don't care who knows. If somebody is actually my friend, then they won't give a damn about the matter. :p

First of all, I don't said HE is stupid, I said I think what he DID was stupid. Also, this is my personal opinion, no classification.

Also, he outed himself to 100+ people. Now tell me those 100 people are all his close friends and partners...
I stand by my opinion: Sexuality is for one self and ones partner. You just don't go about blabbering about it to other people. That is insensitive towards others. Imagine your mom or dad proclaiming at a dinner party with all your friends and family that he/she likes ... (insert something sexual here). It took guts, true. That doesn't make it better or less stupid.

I agree partly with your post. I respect your opinion in that sexual preferences are a private matter, but comparing a post on FB to standing up at a dinner party is not a fair comparison. Not everybody checks Facebook, every day. It's more like he left a note on the fridge and everybody who passed by it saw it. No big deal.

Also, he outed himself to 100+ people. Now tell me those 100 people are all his close friends and partners...

If I had to guess, I'd say about 60% of them were people I'm fairly close to. The rest are people I either knew don't read my statuses, or weren't people who could make my life miserable if they knew. I'll also kindly remind you that I DID NOT TELL MY COWORKERS because precisely, they don't need to know.

I stand by my opinion: Sexuality is for one self and ones partner. You just don't go about blabbering about it to other people. That is insensitive towards others.

I actually agree with this, for the most part. I was at a party recently and some chick I didn't really need to know that sort of thing about made a crack about being into something I wasn't keen on picturing her doing. My first reaction was, "Damn. I didn't need that image in my head." The thing is, though, it's a freakin' foot fetish, not golden showers. Foot fetishes are tame, harmless... and waaayyyy over-worried about by people who have them.

Imagine your mom or dad proclaiming at a dinner party with all your friends and family that he/she likes ... (insert something sexual here). It took guts, true. That doesn't make it better or less stupid.

I think the word you're looking for is "insensitive" rather than "stupid", TBH. And also TBH, like I said, I'd be perfectly fine if anyone who was offended by it stopped being my friend. That's my decision, and that's the point in my life that I'm at. YMMV.

Finally, I think it's hilarious that you guys are making a bigger deal out of this than the people it's directly affecting. Namely, me and the people I told.

If anyone is to learn anything from my example, it's that they should A) evaluate the situation honestly, like Mitchell did, and see if the people they plan on telling would, theoretically, care. If not, and you don't mind them knowing, go ahead and tell them if the situation is appropriate to do so. If it's only your girlfriend, great - that should be a lot easier than what I just did, so go for it.

More Power to you! I couldn't do it, its just not something people need to know about me or that I really want to share with anyone/

Good for you! ;) FB doesn't care about your privacy though. Tell us if your ads change.

More power to you Phineas! The only ones of my friends on Facebook that know of my vanilla preferences (not including Tickling or Woman's feet) are my good close friends online that I feel comfortable with and an ex- Girlfriend of mine of 4 years. Don't care about people that are going to give you a tough time about this since everybody is going to have there opinions on everything (Fill in the Blank Here ________ music, food, fetishes, etc.) We all have a common sense and we all know when to use it and or when not to so If that was something that you felt like doing on your Facebook then so be it :)

Sometimes it's a risk with a reward.

If you wanted to out yourself and tell people that you have a foot fetish that's okay no sweat and if a person doesn't feel comfortable and wants to remain it as a private thing between Himself or Herself about their own vanilla preferences then that's okay too. Each there own.

True close internet friends and your real friends in real life outside of any computers will not care what your into if they care for you as a person inside and out and not for what some simple preference that your into.

Lol Starting to make this sound like a soap rant, sorry I didn't mean it to sound like one. My intention was just to say rock on and good for you! :)

The reason I havent outed myself on Facebook was re enforced last night.

After we got the report from the Dr about my mom, which I posted here, I also posted it on my Facebook page. Even though I'm not working in Market America anymore, my former business partner from the company and I still talk. We are friends on Facebook, and when he saw my post about my mom, he responded. When I was working in MA earlier in the 2000s, I once told him I belonged to an "Adult chatroom", but didnt go into specifics that it was tickling. I didnt feel it was his business, and i didnt want anyone else in the company who I was working with to know.

Again, this is just my personal feeling, but.. anyone who feels that outing themselves on Facebook works for them, that's their business, and I have no right to judge them.

Mitch

Good on you Phineas. I think this is the BEST way to find other fetish partners.....especially if you're a guy. If your facebook friends respect you....it won't be a problem. If they don't...then it will only confirm how weird they ALREADY think they are. Really even if one of my buddy's said....I like diaper play.....if I already thought he was cool....would that change? But if I thought he was weird already then that tidbit would confirm it.

That's how the human brain works when we have a bias set up(we have a bias set up about everyone we know). If we like the person we'll toss out any negative information we hear about them and keep all of the good info. If we don't like them we'll believe all of the negative info and toss out all of the positive.

GQ

Door 44 Productions
What's New

6/7/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for a wide range of clips from dozens and dozens of producers.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back