• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I outed myself to Facebook today.

Phineas

1st Level Orange Feather
In honor of National Coming-Out Day, I decided to post a status update to my Facebook that told my entire friends list, all 100+ of them, that I had a foot fetish.

Want to guess what happened?

No, really. Go on, guess.

Nothing.

A big fat nothing. Two people "liked" my post.

I also posted it to my Google+, but over there I excluded the circle that included all of my coworkers. I got a +1 from a friend who already knew.

So go on, go ahead and tell people. If they flip out, then they weren't really your friends to begin with.

Phin, I respect what you did. Personally I would say that you are a brave man. i would never do that.

Only one friend on Facebook, my friend Adam, who was a close friend I had lost touch with for 20 years, but reconnected with last year, knows about my fetishes. He knows about my foot fetish, because I used to ask him about his sister's feet when we were friends in the 80s. (She was over 18 at the time, because shes 6 yrs older than me, so its okay to post about it.) Due to that, I had no problem telling him that I belong to tickle and foot fetish websites.

My other " friends" on Facebook are people like former co workers, former camp mates, a girl I know from the supermarket, etc. NOT people I would feel comfortable outing myself to. Plus that, my father has an account on Facebook, and, even though he and I dont talk, he knows nothing of my fetish, and I never want him to.

For myself, I would only tell people I really trust. Close friends who tell me their sexual secrets, a girlfriend/wife, etc. Besides that, I just dont feel comfortable doing such.

Mitch

Well certainly, I don't think "the whole of Facebook" route is apropo for everyone, but I don't think that what I did was an act of bravery. I simply don't give a f**k. I think half the reason I did it was to prove that it wouldn't be the kind of nuclear armageddon that people around here seem to fear. Of course, I do live in California, which may have something to do with it. They're a bit weird out here.

Phin, I see what you're saying. I'm not saying it would be a "nuclear armegeddon". It's just, my fetishes are very personal to me. I have people on Facebook whom I'm related to, and havent spoken to in 25 years. (Cousins of my father's etc), and I just feel it wouldn't be their business to know about my personal life.

Maybe if I didnt have family members on there, I would feel differently. Then again, I dont know. Knowing how my father and his cousins are, they would all be like "We knew there was something wrong with Mitch, he's a sick fuck". I feel i'm better off keeping my private life to myself.

Mitch

I also want to make 100% clear that them saying i'm a "Sick fuck" for liking tickling or feet, would be the opinions of people who are themselves sick assholes, because they are bad people. I happen to know that there are wonderful people on this site who just happen to like tickling. My father's and his cousins opinions do not matter to me one bit.

You're right, of course. I've always advocated discretion, and I did hide my announcement from my coworkers for that reason. There are also folks on my Facebook who probably didn't need to know, either, and I certainly wouldn't tell my family. My point is, I just told 100 people and none of them cared. If I can do that, you (and I mean the generic you, not you, Mitchell, specifically), can probably tell your girlfriend without working yourself into a fit over it.

That's quite interesting. I don't think people so much fear an "Armageddon" as just everyone feeling a little different to them. If one of my friends came out on facebook saying they like ... I dunno, having candle wax dripped onto them, I would think "hmm, that's weird", but I would completely forget after a week or so.

I don't think this says much about telling a girlfriend or possible mate about your fetishes though. You would love to have some friends in your life forever, but in the end I think we all know friendships generally come and go. With a girlfriend, you're trying to build the most important relationship in your life and are probably not people you generally accept as people who come and go.

Keep us informed as to how this goes. Despite not being, in my mind, proof that you shouldn't give a lot of thought to when you tell a gf about your fetish, this is definitely interesting when it comes to just knowing how people react in a certain situation to such a thing!

I dont have a gf now, but, when I do get one, I'd have to tell her. As far as working myself into a fit, I have a feeling I would be uncomfortable at first. However, my feeling is that after explaining it to her, I would hope she would understand. If I met someone who said "You can never play with my feet, or tickle me, ever", I think that person would be someone I would have to break up with, because, to me, they would be completly denying me something I need. I'm hopeful that such wouldnt happen, and they would be willing to work with me.

I hope this post isnt off topic, but, as Phin brought up the topic, of "Girlfriend", I just wanted to post my thoughts on that subject.

Mitch

Good for you man, I've been telling people, because this isn't a disease. it's normal, like someone who like seafood, or puts ketchup on everyone. if they accept you good. if they don't to hell with them!!

In honor of National Coming-Out Day, I decided to post a status update to my Facebook that told my entire friends list, all 100+ of them, that I had a foot fetish.

Nothing.

I also posted it to my Google+, but over there I excluded the circle that included all of my coworkers. I got a +1 from a friend who already knew.

So go on, go ahead and tell people. If they flip out, then they weren't really your friends to begin with.

More power to ya! :thumbsup:

I wouldn't be caught dead doing that with Facebook, because all my family and many coworkers are on there. I know you can choose who sees the stuff you post, but the benefits do not outweigh the costs for me.

Good for you!

If I were single I'd be more apt to pull this off with my 1200+ "friends". The reality is it's simply not that big of a deal. Alot of my buddy's already know.... And chances are if I kissed a girl, they already know are there are tons of those all over Facebook.

I think the funniest outcome would be a bunch of girls teaming up on me and making fun of me for the crazy things I put their feet through. Something like "ladies 'like' this post if GQ was doing all the rig
ht things on the date and then completely ruined it by holding you down and tickling your feet. #Rude!
".

Or my boys making fun of me for the numerous times they saw me rubbing the feet of a pretty girl I just met while out on the town.

LOL's for all.

GQ

I would never "out" myself, particularly on Facebook. The 3 friends that found out that I have a foot fetish never let me hear the end of it. I would catch all kinds of hell if it was splashed on FB. Additionally, most people think that a foot fetish is freaky and all-consuming; like we go around thinking about licking soles and sucking toes all day long. Because of this, I've kept my interest to myself.

For me, I like women's toes the same way I like boobs... and I don't like ALL of them.

Playing the devil's advocate...

Saying you like something sexual on facebook seems kinda selfish because you're only taking your own feelings on the matter into consideration, and while many might be fine with it, you shouldn't discard the opinions of those who don't as simply them being "haters" or something, but maybe take into account that many people didn't want to know anything about your personal sexuality to begin with.

I personally would not express any sexual interests on Facebook. I think for most people, it's too much information. But it seems to me that announcing a foot fetish is a lot milder than say announcing a fascination for large breasts or big butts, even though those latter two are proclivities held by a much greater majority.

Foot fetish sounds mild to most people. If you really want to freak them out, announce that you have a tickling fetish.

Tickling fetish is also mild. Tell them you peel the faces off of dead babies and masturbate with them.

Never mind tickling, I felt a twinge of discomfort posting something mildly supportive of bisexuality on someone else's Coming Out Day FB status.

I've gotta come to terms with this thing. I know it's pretty much irrelevant to the vast majority of people in my life. So that's probably why I won't. But I probably should. I don't know what the impact of changing my relationship status from "Interested in women" to "Interested in women and men" would be. I mean, I've been on FB for years now and "Interested in women" has been in my profile the whole time and I've been as single throughout as when I started.

Really, just starting to explore this attraction of mine a few months ago (which at 40something is probably fairly late in life), I don't know what to share and what not to. Haven't started woofing at hot men on the street, for instance, even when I've really wanted to (and some guys are just really woof-worthy).

So far, for me, the practical reality of coming out just to myself has been that I've been smiling at more people. :)

I personally would not express any sexual interests on Facebook. I think for most people, it's too much information. But it seems to me that announcing a foot fetish is a lot milder than say announcing a fascination for large breasts or big butts, even though those latter two are proclivities held by a much greater majority.

Many of my friends need to heed your advice about not announcing large breast/butt fascinations. Especially on a near daily basis.

Nothing.

I'm sorry, but what you did is very stupid in my opinion. Sexual preferences are no one elses business, except the partner and perhaps the closest of friends. To tell it to a circle of peers in a drunken daring moment, fine. But to go to facebook and push your sexuality in other peoples faces is plain egocentric and dumb. Who gives a shit about what gets you going?

This is the problem with facebook. Every idiot posts there, what he/she had for breakfast or what color his/her socks are today. Harsh words from me, but I just cannot stand people like you.

I'm sorry, but what you did is very stupid in my opinion. Sexual preferences are no one elses business, except the partner and perhaps the closest of friends. To tell it to a circle of peers in a drunken daring moment, fine. But to go to facebook and push your sexuality in other peoples faces is plain egocentric and dumb. Who gives a shit about what gets you going?

This is the problem with facebook. Every idiot posts there, what he/she had for breakfast or what color his/her socks are today. Harsh words from me, but I just cannot stand people like you.

Well, considering you don't know who's on his FB, or who's in his life, or whatever, doesn't give you the right to classify it as stupid. He took a big step in admitting something that most people don't have the balls to admit.

You sure they didn't think you were joking?

Also, why just post the foot thing? Why not mention tickling, too?

You sure they didn't think you were joking?

Also, why just post the foot thing? Why not mention tickling, too?

I was JUST coming on here to post this! I just realized how do people know you're not joking?

Of course, in my mind, if someone said they had a tickling fetish I would totally think they're joking or think "oh that person just really loves tickling people and is using the term 'fetish' just like someone might say they have a pizza fetish because they really like pizza". A friend of mine a long time ago said she had a sock fetish because she loved buying socks, not because she actually had a sexual/abnormal love for socks.

Everybody I know is aware of my fetishes. I personally don't care what they think, but I've never received a bad response from anybody so yeah, go ahead and tell people.

I mean, I'm probably belaboring what's already been said, but I agree that you are exceptionally brave. I respect you a great deal for what you did!

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/13/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the most tickling clips in one place on the web!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back