• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

If A-Rod Is Suspended.. How Long Should His Suspension Last?

If A-Rod Is Suspended, How Long Should It Be?

• Remainder of the 2013 Season.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Rest of 2013, and All of 2014

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • The Rest of 2013, and all of 2014, and 2015

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Lifetime Ban, With A Chance Of Being Re-instated At Some Point

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Lifetime Ban, With No Chance Of Re-Instatement, Ever

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
It seems increasingly likely that A-Rod is going to receive what is being speculated as a "Severe" suspension by MLB, for his involvement in the PED scandal.

My Question in this poll will be: What should A-Rod's penalty be?

My vote may sound harsh..but..

My honest opinion, is that A-Rod should be banned for life, with no chance of re instatement.

Bottom line.. the guy compromised the integrity of the game by using PED's. We don't know how many of his 647 homers were hit honestly. Plus, he's never going to be in the Hall of Fame anyway. Additionally, it angers me that he has statistics comparable to such great players as Willie Mays, and that Mr Mays hit all of his 660 homers honestly, while A-Rod resorted to PED's to accumulate his stats.

I'm hoping for lifetime also. But MLB has been such a woosie on the subject, it's hard to believe they have much clout now.

Barbershopman

Thanks for your vote, Barbershopman.

Another issue I have, and this is off the topic of A-Rod, but on the subject of "cheating".

Pete Rose is banned for life, and has been banned for 24 years now, for betting on baseball, under the guise of "Compromising the integrity of the game". While I understand this, and it is a valid viewpoint, what is more compromising to the integrity of the game than for one of the top statistical home run hitters in history, to accumulate his stats through dishonest play, and use of PED's?

I just think the A-rod issue should be put to bed permanently, for the sport of baseball, the Yankees, and the fans. Move on from this. Let him have his punishment.

I voted for a life time ban also, A-Rod cheated for everything he has to show. Every home run every RBI he knocked in will forever be questioned was he using at that time? who knows. If MLB were to ban A-Rod for say a year or two and then let him back into the game what dose that say about the sport itself? A-Rod cheated and thus should be banned for life. As the old saying goes if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Seee yaaa A-Rod!

He should get a lifetime ban....the only way he should ever be eligible for the hall of fame or a return would be if MLB allowed Pete Rose to get in.

Interesting observation, jhop, and I actually agree with you about Arod only getting to the Hall if Rose is allowed in.

I get the feeling Rose will get in after he dies unfortunately. A-Rod on the other hand why should he get in? all his numbers were tainted as far as we know. Sure what Rose did wasn't a proud moment either betting on ball games but I'd much rather see Rose get in then A-Rod

Back to Arod. I was just reading an article about this situation.

This article claims that... while A-Rod will likely get a "tough" suspension.. it would seem unlikely that Selig will ban him for "life", or that such a sentence, even if imposed.. would be upheld by an arbitrator.

Realistically.. it would seem that even if "banned", A-rod would probably get no more than the rest of this season., and maybe all of 2014. I would think he would be back in 2015, unless some unforeseen circumstance occurred.

I hope they ban A-Rod for life.

I just read an article which stated that MLB is going to suspend nine players for the rest of this season, and that those players will not appeal their suspensions.

In the case of A-Rod, the article said that MLB wants to suspend him for at least the rest of this year, and all of 2014. It has supposedly been said that if he accepts that, he would be eligible for return in 2015. However,. A-Rod's lawyer has said A-Rod is planning to appeal any suspension handed down. In that case, if the suspension is appealed, MLB has said it "could" give A-Rod a lifetime ban.

With this arrogance of A-Rod and his reps, I say, ban the jerk for life. His numbers are meaningless anyway, and his contract is a financial drain on the Yankees. My view is: Ban him for life, void his contract, and let the Yankees use the 30 mil plus per year that they would have paid him, to really improve their team.

I hope MLB penalizes A-Rod severely. The man is completely audacious.

Arod and rose are completely unrelated. but both crimes are as bad as you can do in sports, namely, compromise the integrity of the sport. When you start to question what you are watching, whether its ped induced heroics..arod..or a manager helping his own team lose...rose...then the whole system comes crashing down. the hall of fame will be fine without arod or rose, but baseball is going to lose fans and momey, ala 1919 world series fix, if they don't purge the game of roids. So lifetime ban for arod and expunge his name from the record books. Who cares what erasing the 600 or so homers will do to pitchers past ERAs. Ban and purge.

Thanks for your vote, Barbershopman.

Another issue I have, and this is off the topic of A-Rod, but on the subject of "cheating".

Pete Rose is banned for life, and has been banned for 24 years now, for betting on baseball, under the guise of "Compromising the integrity of the game". While I understand this, and it is a valid viewpoint, what is more compromising to the integrity of the game than for one of the top statistical home run hitters in history, to accumulate his stats through dishonest play, and use of PED's?

I just think the A-rod issue should be put to bed permanently, for the sport of baseball, the Yankees, and the fans. Move on from this. Let him have his punishment.

Mitchell. once upon a time baseball had a huge betting problem the movie eight men out tells the story of the world series fix. But even before and to a degree, afterwards, players threw games. There is strong evidence that tris speaker and ty cobb, towards the end of their careers in the twenties, were throwing games. As a result, fans were disgusted and baseball was circling the drain. Every player is informed about the lifetime ban for betting on a game, or fixing a game. Its the cardinal sin and rose in his incredible stupidity, bet against the teams he was managing. The lifetime ban is completely justified which is why the union never fought it. That being said, im a fan of the guy, and i wouldnt mind baseball forgiving a guy after nearly 30 years disgrace hope it happens

Ticklist, I know all about the betting situation in baseball. I'm a historian in addition to a baseball fan. I saw the movie Eight Men Out, but it was a long time ago.

I see what you're saying about Rose.. but.. isn't Steroids just another form of cheating? If one guy can be banned for life, for cheating by betting on teams he was managing against, then why cant another guy be banned, for using substances which dishonestly inflate statistics?

Ban him for the rest of this season and all of 2014!!! Let him "try" and come back...after he's passed 40...and we can laugh at his eroding...non PED enhanced "skills"!!! (Sorry, Mitch...never been a Yankee fan...let alone an "A-fraud" fan!!!) He'll never get in the Hall anyway!!! Just like Bonds, McGuire, Sosa...et all!!!! And BTW...Selig needs to go, also!!! Just my opinion!!!

Last edited:
tklbd, I agree with you.

I'm not a Yankee fan either. I'm a Braves fan. I despise A-Rod.

The latest article I read on this, posted at 9pm tonight, is that MLB will probably work out the other suspensions by the end of this weekend. They said that because the A-Rod situation is much more complex, it will take longer

This article I read said he supposedly has two choices: Either to accept a ban for the rest of this year, and all of
2014, or..be banned for life.

I still say that I will be surprised if he's banned for life. My gut tells me that he will be gone for the rest of this year, and all of 2014, and then have a chance to return in 2015.

Interesting: Eight of nine people who voted in the poll, think A Rod should be banned for life, with either a chance for re instatement at some point, or no chance for re instatement. That seems to indicate how harshly people want him dealt with.

So many of these players used PED's it's ridiculous. Bud Selig and MLB was so behind the curve on this, the fault is as much on them as the players. 100 games would be just.

Just saw your post.

100 games doesn't seem like enough to me, us. While I see your point of MLB being partially to blame, I still think Arod should get a more severe suspension than just 100 games. If such a ban started.. now.. he would merely lose the last six weeks of this season, and less than two months next year, putting him back in play around June 1. I don't think that's severe enough. I think at least a 162 game ban is needed, which would represent the equiv of a full season's worth of games, even if it started now, and continued through most of 2014, and enabled him to come back for about the last month or so next year.

I'm not a Yankees fan either. I'm a Braves fan,. but.. who one roots for isn't the point of this. Its the integrity of the game I'm looking at.

As we know, since I posted this thread. A-Rod received a 211 game suspension, and was suspended supposedly for the rest of 2013, and all of next year, but has appealed the suspension, and been playing. Supposedly, they are going to have a hearing on the situation.

With the regular season ending today.. if they give him the hearing during the off season, I would give him two full years of suspension. All of next year, and all of 2015. If they uphold it at 211 games.. he would be back sometime in May or June of 2015.

I doubt he's going to be banned for life. I'm really hoping he's gone for two full years, but my gut says.. he will be suspended all of next year, and then return at the start of 2015.

I say let him try to come back after a year out without the PEDs, let him embarrass himself by trying to come back to a sport he robbed of it's dignity and let the game rob the dignity back from him!!!
He is nothing without PEDs, he is a joke with a horrible punchline!!!
When he finally leaves the game whether suspended, dropped or leaves willingly, he will not even be remembered!!!

I have no problem with Rose being banned. AROD is washed up anyway so it doesn't matter, will probably get at least a year

What's New

6/5/2024
The TMF Welcome forum has a place for you to say hello to us! Take a moemnt and say Hi.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back