• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Iraq accepts....

qjakal

1st Level Indigo Feather
unconditional inspections. A ploy, or a genuine desire to avoid problems with the rest of the world? Suspicously enough, this came out right after Saudi Arabia gave consent for the USA to use its bases in an attack on Iraq if the UN desires to enforce its edicts. BUT, perhaps a thorough inspection will allay our fears of their intentions and capabilities. Hope so.....it would be nice to settle SOMETHING in a peaceful rational manner. Not sure if George W is going to accept this tactic as sufficient, but it sure as hell is a step in the right direction if sincere! Q

IMO, it's just Saddam's usual tactic: Rant and rave, then when the pressure inreases, accept everything. Once the inspectors are on location, he will show them specifically prepared sites, delaying and obstructing their free movement. They will leave Iraq again with loud protests. The UN and US will increase their pressure, and the same tactics will start anew.

Although I'm not in favor of war, I'm afraid that the only way to defeat Saddam is a joint military operation. Then the world will have another 10 years of peace, until Saddam or another criminal will start the same idiocy once more. Procrastination can be a very effective tactic to avoid an open war...

OTOH, the preparation of war has proceeded too far already to have it stopped; it possesses sort of self-dynamic now. Still, I think that the only legitimate form of war is under an UN mandate. Everything else would be a serious offense against international law, which the US has agreed to, and which it claims to protect.

yes...but..

Hal, I agree that this precedent is fraught with danger and oddity, but if I see a building that someone is throwing gasoline on, and another guy standing there with a torch to light it up, something needs to be done. Ignoring credible intelligence info is foolish, and the results of being "wrong" are just so high that it's an unacceptable option. Having said that, it IS scary that we're thinking of taking this aggressive stance and action. I believe Bush is doing this because the information is compelling and overwhelming. Our country is NOT about being imperialistic, at least other than in a cultural and economical sense, and I don't believe the American people would tolerate too many such actions. The climate has been created at this time that makes this one nearly inevitable, and if the radical sects don't leave the world alone, who can say what would happen next? God help them if another attack is launched in the USA within a short time span....the frenzy would be indescribable, and the mood would shift to absolute resolution. Having seen the effects of the 9-11 memorial on the anniversary, I think we're still a hornets nest that better not be kicked again. Perhaps the inspection teams won't be hindered, although I fear you're correct, sadly enough. Q

former iraqi nuke defector

was on fox yesterday morning. he said this means nothing. he said the iraqis have put all their production on chemical, and biological weapons into trucks, and drive around the country, and can hid easily!
he went on to say that sadam has the stuff to make 3 nukes already, one for isreal, one for the u.s., and one to keep on hand. he said the iraqis are just stalling.
now what you you folks think?!?!
steve

Given that it was proven that we can provide surveillance of them via multiple satellites, as was shown during the LAST conflict wit' 'em, and that few possess the megalomaniacism necessary to fuck wit' a stronger power like THE WHOLE DAMNED WORLD, my money's on him attempting to hide stuff, and if that fails, then hopin' to his god that he can get away wit' what he's been doin'.

Sadly, the US appears to want vengeance, as a nation, and it's now focused on Iraq. Saudi Arabia already gave us an in. Either the UN joins, or only a few countries do. Whomever don't, ends up financially outside the consortium of those who DO help the US. Wanna bet how long THAT will last? Heck, the US went in and blew the place up once already, for LESSER reasons. After 2000, folks have been just WAITING for us to react more vehemently. Afganistan was left standing, and the US still wants a proper ass-kicking given to SOMEONE.

Saddam's just too damned dumb to stay quiet a little longer, 'til things have calmed.

Sad, too, 'cause a lot of innocent civilians are gonna live very unhappy lives for a long time, there. Folks in the US will face the likelyhood of further cowardly terrorist attacks. The world will reel when the US slows production, and several countries will find out that the US has been financially proppin' 'em up, and can't, thereafter.

All 'cause someone decided that messin' wit' the US was a swell notion. You'd think, thousands of years later, that we'd learn to get along better.

You'll wish it, anyway, if you haven't already. I know I have. All that killing and destruction...
*sigh*

A sad $0.02,

dvnc

Sorry this is a pretty much useless post on my part, but....

Yeah, what DVNC said. AND Stop stealing my opinions before I can post 'em..SHEESH...the nerve of some folks!

Joby;)

Sorry 'bout that, Jo! I *thought* I was hearin' things... ;)

Anyone can pass and inspection when you know it's coming.
They had time enough to "hide" anything that would be construded as illegal or a threat.
Personally, I think we have put up with their shit long enough and have given ample opportunity to all terrorist countries. Time to clean house!:mad: :sowrong:

TTD

I agree with Hal on this one. It's all about publicity for that tached arsehole in Baghdad. Inspections will never do any good, because whatever he doesn't want them to see will have been hidden weeks ago. When the inspectors start getting to close for comfort they'll be ejected again which will result in another long round of negotiation which will stall for weeks, followed by another kow-towing by SH who will allow them in to wherever the weapons have just been cleared from. This will continue indefinatley until he's got enough of what he wants and Tel Aviv is now't more than a pile of ash.

What's New

5/22/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for more tickling clips of all sorts then anyplace else!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back