• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Is it okay to hang up?

RUNOFFSTAGE

4th Level Red Feather
So yesterday, I got a call on my cell from a company that wanted to sell me some green tea in tablet form (stupid thing to sell anyway, takes away the whole tea drinking process). Thing was that she started off all serious, just asking if she'd come to the right person and so on, making me think it was everything but a saleswoman.
Either way, I was on my way to class and didn't want to be late, and that woman just wouldn't stop talking! So I hung up, without a word, and afterwards I felt kind of shitty for doing it, even though I hadn't really asked for anyone to call me and try to sell stuff.

What's your opinion, is it ok to just hang up if it's a salesman calling?

It's more than OK. Their calls are unsolicited and they're probably used to people hanging up on them anyway.

As far as I'm concerned, they are intruding on time, in my home. If someone that I didn't know just walked into my house, they'd get just as curt a response. Don't bother me to ask if I want to buy shit, the answer is no. If I wanted to buy stuff, I'd go to a store where they sell stuff. If I wanted to make a contribution, I'll find you and contribute. Most of the time, I just don't even pick up, and if I do, I hang right back up. I understand it is a job for them, fantastic, but don't be surprised when I show no remorse. I don't go to the theater and, at will, lean over to those same people and ask if they want to buy DVD's, nor do I approach them in church and ask if they want extended warranties, and lastly, Ben Wallace I don't give a damn that you have something very important to talk to me about and that time is running out. Time has been running out for 7 months now. That's all home phone. I've only gotten one sales call on my cell and for some reason that burned me more than the others. Either way, there is no spilled tears here for hanging up.

As someone who sold his soul and worked in Telesales once, we (the lackeys who actually do the calling) don't really care if you hang up. It's essentially a numbers game and you're bound to make about 200 calls before you hit gold.

So, don't feel bad that you're one of the people who hangs up. It means you aren't wasting our time, particularly if you're not likely to be interested in the product that's being marketed anyway.

It is never wrong to hang up on a telemarketer when they are trying to sell you stupid stuff. Don't feel bad at all. Kraize is right that's your time they are interupting and hey you had to get to class. No big deal I'm sure they get it all the time.

It's completely fine to hang up on them. Even if you care about being polite to them, which it seems like you do, they're trained to never hang up. They have little booklets with phrases they're supposed to use if you try to get rid of them.

If you try to be polite and say "I'm sorry, I'm really busy," they're just going to come back with "Oh, of course, everyone is, I only need another minute of your time and then I'll be out of your hair."

You can't get rid of them politely. And the truth is, you're doing them a favor by hanging up because they don't waste five minutes trying to make a sale that's never going to happen, they can move right on to the next target.

It's more than OK. Their calls are unsolicited and they're probably used to people hanging up on them anyway.

100% in agreement.

Runs was being a bit too nice by staying on the phone that long. Usually I play with them for a minute, delivery an insult or two, then let them know to go fuck themselves with their Father's penis.

NEVER hang up!!!!!

It's completely fine to hang up on them. Even if you care about being polite to them, which it seems like you do, they're trained to never hang up. They have little booklets with phrases they're supposed to use if you try to get rid of them.

If you try to be polite and say "I'm sorry, I'm really busy," they're just going to come back with "Oh, of course, everyone is, I only need another minute of your time and then I'll be out of your hair."

You can't get rid of them politely. And the truth is, you're doing them a favor by hanging up because they don't waste five minutes trying to make a sale that's never going to happen, they can move right on to the next target.

I absolutely HATE to hang up on telemarketers! I feel awful if I can`t engage them in some stimulating conversation for at least five minutes! I`ve found that a very good way to do this is to ask them if they are aware of God`s simple plan of salvation.... Be warned,they MAY try to bail on you,but with a bit of perseverance,you can keep them around for a while.And,maybe even convert them!:fingerscrossed:

You just need to be aware of the possible dodges that they may use,as Jeff points out!Stick to your guns! Don`t accept "No" as an answer! You CAN succeed in spreading the Word and expanding the flock!

And the truth is, you're doing them a favor by hanging up because they don't waste five minutes trying to make a sale that's never going to happen, they can move right on to the next target.

This. :)

Usually I play with them for a minute, delivery an insult or two, then let them know to go fuck themselves with their Father's penis.

How lovely of you. Do you do the same to people who approach you in the street for similar purposes, or does the anonymity of being behind a telephone give you a heightened sense of security? :)

How lovely of you. Do you do the same to people who approach you in the street for similar purposes, or does the anonymity of being behind a telephone give you a heightened sense of security? :)

Ask Lyz.

I suggest anal stimulation from a parental unit in person as well.

In all seriousness. Perhaps there is more anonymity in person; at least one would not have your phone number, just a face.

In all seriousness. Perhaps there is more anonymity in person; at least one would not have your phone number, just a face.

Touché. :)

I simply try to be as curteous (or curt, if I'm not in the mood) with people I interact with socially, be it on the end of the phone, or in person. You might call it taking the moral high ground.

You might call it taking the moral high ground.

Touche to you, Sir.

Actually, I am quite the gentleman on the phone and would never insult someone who is merely a middle-person in a solicited phone call; however, I do play with them for a bit (especially if I have an audience).

I haven't had a solicitor call since I removed my home phone line. I solely use my cell phone for all purposes.

I try to be polite, and sometimes even pleasant, with them. But, we get so many calls (even being on the do not call list) that I'd never get anything done if I listened to their entire speil. Once I know it's a sales call, I cut them off with the following...

"Before you go any further. We're not interested. We're also on the do not call list. So, please remove us from your call list. Thanks. Have a nice day."

Then, I just hang up. If it's a company that keeps calling in spite of that, I'll get nasty and threaten to turn them in to the AG.

We have a chimney cleaning company locally that calls a couple of times a month in spite of all that...and having been told that we have no chimney...and having been reported to the AG's office. We've discussed the possibility of agreeing to them coming out to take a look just so they waste THEIR time. Maybe then they'll finally take it seriously and leave us alone.

Touche to you, Sir.

Actually, I am quite the gentleman on the phone and would never insult someone who is merely a middle-person in a solicited phone call; however, I do play with them for a bit (especially if I have an audience).

I haven't had a solicitor call since I removed my home phone line. I solely use my cell phone for all purposes.

Don't get me wrong, I play unsolicited callers too. Upon being asked not too long ago if I was entirely happy with my cellphone contract, I replied; "Actually, no I'm not. It was great up until a while ago, but for some reason when I'm in mid-sentence it just seems to...." *click*
But I won't insult them ad nauseum whenever I can get a word in edgeways; call me old-fashioned, I get it a lot. ;)

I guess working in the sales environment has made me somewhat empathetic to the lackeys that make the calls. If you don't want to be bothered by us, than you're hang up. That's fine, we don't really care.

We do, of course, grow wearisome of boorish responses on the end of the phone, which often seemed to bring out the worst in people. After all, all of us in the office didn't stop being human once we stepped in the door.

I usually answer and once they go into their "act," I simply put the phone on the coffee table and go and take a shower. Or go grocery shopping. They're gone by the time I'm done and then I just hang the phone back up. Yes, sometimes I can be an ass lol.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/un_PjRXV5l8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/un_PjRXV5l8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

In the target driven world of today its the cold caller who hangs up on me when i reject. Long gone are the days when they would apologize and tell you to enjoy the rest of your day.

You could always just do this:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J5z4Vs26-TI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J5z4Vs26-TI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
:mwahaha:

^ Love it! XD

But seriously, you'd be surprised, I think, if you knew how many people just hang up. I know someone who worked in this profession, and I think about 50% of the people he called just "clicked" him, as he called it. He said that was fine though, no hard feelings, he appreciated it much more than the people who would start yelling at him over the phone. :rolleyes:

I don't hang up. I listen to the whole entire thing and then tell them i am not interested.

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back