• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the internet

she also has mild cerebral palsy symptoms so that will effect your ability to escape abuse of any type!!
very easy target of this moron!!!

Here's the thing about this whole incident. No one is even taking the perspective that we only have seen a snippet of the WHOLE event. The only reason why people in this thread are reacting the way they are is because they don't understand the nature of spanking/corporal punishment. I really had to chuckle when it was said, "A spanking should be 2-7 light but at least moderately painful whaps on the ass to get the point across that they did something wrong.". Really? And this theory came into existence how if you are against spanking and did not receive spankings yourself? Funny stuff man...

Coming from the POV for a person who experienced spankings, with a belt, on my legs and ass, and received more than one spanking in his lifetime, what we saw on that footage was not as bad as people think. I will admit, when I first saw it, I was taken aback. That's when I drew on my own experiences and remembered that I would be taken aback if I watched my own spankings. You HAVE to keep it in perspective. You have to think as to why the event happened. I love the fact that people do not think that downloading music illegally is a bad thing. News flash. It IS bad. If a parent tells you not to do something like that, you don't. I hate to break this to you, but downloading music illegally is not on the same level as eating an extra cookie for example. Opponents are not paying attention to what they father is saying during the whole EDITED 7 MINUTE FOOTAGE. He is giving his exact reason as to why this is happening.

Another thing you have to pay attention to is where is the father hitting his daughter? Is he striking her head? Her upperbody? Did he draw blood? Is he attacking her when she has done nothing at all (i.e. she was minding her own business and he just went after her?). No, that's not the case in this footage. Was he upset? yes. Did he lose his temper? Yes. But to anyone who has received a spanking, was your parent's voice soothing when they were spanking you? Nope. They were yelling at you to get their point across.

The biggest problem is the edited footage. I wonder what we would see if the entire video was being played. What if afterwards, the father/daughter/mother all had a conversation where they went over what happened and everyone was calm and civil? This "beating" did not go on for the entire 7 minutes. There was dialogue in there. The father even addressed previous behavior. People are overlooking that because they are so focused on this "beating". I have been going around to people and asking them to watch the footage. I have been asking anti-spanking people, and people who received spankings. Pretty much went down that line. Anti-spanking people felt this was uncalled for and wrong, and those who received spankings pretty much said, "That's it? That is why people are mad? Man, they should have seen the spankings I got!" then laughed it off.

Perspective people, perspective. Those anti-spanking people will always see this as a horrendous beating. Your reaction is exactly the reaction the daughter/mother were hoping for as they attempt to blackmail the father. You are following the script perfectly. Of course, those who endured spankings can see that this perhaps was not as brutal as so many people are making it out to be. Different view points. I know I will not change the minds of the anti-spanking people. I know this. I am not saying that you are wrong in your opinion. It is your OPINION. But, I think it is fair and right for you to learn the different side of viewing things. To hear a different perspective. Sorry it rattled your cages a bit, but hey, that footage does not tell me that child was abused...

Here's the thing about this whole incident. No one is even taking the perspective that we only have seen a snippet of the WHOLE event. The only reason why people in this thread are reacting the way they are is because they don't understand the nature of spanking/corporal punishment. I really had to chuckle when it was said, "A spanking should be 2-7 light but at least moderately painful whaps on the ass to get the point across that they did something wrong.". Really? And this theory came into existence how if you are against spanking and did not receive spankings yourself? Funny stuff man...

Coming from the POV for a person who experienced spankings, with a belt, on my legs and ass, and received more than one spanking in his lifetime, what we saw on that footage was not as bad as people think. I will admit, when I first saw it, I was taken aback. That's when I drew on my own experiences and remembered that I would be taken aback if I watched my own spankings. You HAVE to keep it in perspective. You have to think as to why the event happened. I love the fact that people do not think that downloading music illegally is a bad thing. News flash. It IS bad. If a parent tells you not to do something like that, you don't. I hate to break this to you, but downloading music illegally is not on the same level as eating an extra cookie for example. Opponents are not paying attention to what they father is saying during the whole EDITED 7 MINUTE FOOTAGE. He is giving his exact reason as to why this is happening.

Another thing you have to pay attention to is where is the father hitting his daughter? Is he striking her head? Her upperbody? Did he draw blood? Is he attacking her when she has done nothing at all (i.e. she was minding her own business and he just went after her?). No, that's not the case in this footage. Was he upset? yes. Did he lose his temper? Yes. But to anyone who has received a spanking, was your parent's voice soothing when they were spanking you? Nope. They were yelling at you to get their point across.

The biggest problem is the edited footage. I wonder what we would see if the entire video was being played. What if afterwards, the father/daughter/mother all had a conversation where they went over what happened and everyone was calm and civil? This "beating" did not go on for the entire 7 minutes. There was dialogue in there. The father even addressed previous behavior. People are overlooking that because they are so focused on this "beating". I have been going around to people and asking them to watch the footage. I have been asking anti-spanking people, and people who received spankings. Pretty much went down that line. Anti-spanking people felt this was uncalled for and wrong, and those who received spankings pretty much said, "That's it? That is why people are mad? Man, they should have seen the spankings I got!" then laughed it off.

Perspective people, perspective. Those anti-spanking people will always see this as a horrendous beating. Your reaction is exactly the reaction the daughter/mother were hoping for as they attempt to blackmail the father. You are following the script perfectly. Of course, those who endured spankings can see that this perhaps was not as brutal as so many people are making it out to be. Different view points. I know I will not change the minds of the anti-spanking people. I know this. I am not saying that you are wrong in your opinion. It is your OPINION. But, I think it is fair and right for you to learn the different side of viewing things. To hear a different perspective. Sorry it rattled your cages a bit, but hey, that footage does not tell me that child was abused...

So many things wrong with this, but I'm not really as invested in arguing this as you are, so I'll just make some points where I think you're being silly:

1. I'm not anti-spanking, I was spanked as a child, and I think this is abuse. You seem to want to put pro- and anti-spanking camps as being the sides here, but it's not so simple, and I'm evidence of that.

2. Where an assailant strikes a victim, or if they draw blood has no bearing on whether something constitutes abuse. We can speculate all manner of things happened before or after what we see here, but that's speculation, and we're presented with actual evidence of something. It's nice to want context, but when it's not available, you have to deal with what you have, and what we have is a picture of abuse.

3. I hear the father's "reasoning" completely, but it does not justify the severity of his actions.

4. Condescension that having a different view from yours means someone is not thinking or is "following a script" doesn't fly with me or other thinking people.

I was going to respond... right up until I realized that he was just making the same fucking points that I'd already addressed, just worded differently.

I was going to respond... right up until I realized that he was just making the same fucking points that I'd already addressed, just worded differently.

The sad thing is, you really don't get the whole point. How about trying to look at it from a different perspective. Your advice on how to spank a child is well, funny. You haven't experienced a spanking, you're against it, and you're giving advice on how a spanking should be conducted?

Again, the viewpoint is all based on how you perceive what is happening in the footage. Is that too difficult for you to comprehend? We saw a 7 minute video of a parent disciplining his child. I guess you also missed the part where I said that I can understand why people would be so upset about the footage. What you fail to even comprehend is that there is 2 sides of the story. That my friend, is the problem I have with all this outrage. Again, I have invited others to watch the footage and the same opinions were made. There were some who said it was a beating, and there were others who said that was no "beating". Is it too difficult for your mind to even try to see another perspective? You're reacting as though I have no idea on what I'm talking about. Problem is, I think the same way of you.

So many things wrong with this, but I'm not really as invested in arguing this as you are, so I'll just make some points where I think you're being silly:

1. I'm not anti-spanking, I was spanked as a child, and I think this is abuse. You seem to want to put pro- and anti-spanking camps as being the sides here, but it's not so simple, and I'm evidence of that.

2. Where an assailant strikes a victim, or if they draw blood has no bearing on whether something constitutes abuse. We can speculate all manner of things happened before or after what we see here, but that's speculation, and we're presented with actual evidence of something. It's nice to want context, but when it's not available, you have to deal with what you have, and what we have is a picture of abuse.

3. I hear the father's "reasoning" completely, but it does not justify the severity of his actions.

4. Condescension that having a different view from yours means someone is not thinking or is "following a script" doesn't fly with me or other thinking people.

Capn'n, have you ever witnessed your own spankings on video? I beat people would say you were "beaten" too. That's the point of all this. That is why I am trying to have people look at it from a different perspective instead of going off the raw emotion of watching the video.

People need to think about the fact that we are watching a snippet of a video. Not the entire thing. There is so much more to this story than what is being given. But does anyone think along those lines? Nope. In the video itself, the judge is trying to correct a behavior. Which means, the daughter has been misbehaving for a while and this "beating" is a culmination of her misbehavior. This was not an attack of an innocent victim. This was not a father just going after his child for no real reason. Listen to his words. He even says he wants to hit her behind. Do you think if he truly wanted to abuse his daughter, he would intstruct her to lie on her face and take the spanking on her butt. In an abusive situation, he would attack her and wouldn't care where he hit her. This is not happening.

Yes, I am being condescending. I give back what I receive from others...

The sad thing is, you really don't get the whole point. How about trying to look at it from a different perspective. Your advice on how to spank a child is well, funny. You haven't experienced a spanking, you're against it, and you're giving advice on how a spanking should be conducted?

Again, the viewpoint is all based on how you perceive what is happening in the footage. Is that too difficult for you to comprehend? We saw a 7 minute video of a parent disciplining his child. I guess you also missed the part where I said that I can understand why people would be so upset about the footage. What you fail to even comprehend is that there is 2 sides of the story. That my friend, is the problem I have with all this outrage. Again, I have invited others to watch the footage and the same opinions were made. There were some who said it was a beating, and there were others who said that was no "beating". Is it too difficult for your mind to even try to see another perspective? You're reacting as though I have no idea on what I'm talking about. Problem is, I think the same way of you.

Okay then. Tell me, what viewpoint should I take that makes it so rather than me seeing him beat the shit out of his teenage daughter- hitting her nearly 2 dozen times- I instead see him moderately disciplining her?

No matter which perspective I decide to take, it will not change what I saw. I saw a fully-grown man harshly disciplining his sixteen year old daughter that's a fraction of his weight.

When that second side of the story actually changes how he disciplined her, then it'll matter, and then I can see your side of the story. The fact of the matter is, no matter what flimsy excuse the man had, he still took out his rage on his daughter. That's abuse.

What you're not understanding, is that when we as a species pass judgement on another human being, we do not care what their motivation was behind the crime. Murder is murder. Arson is arson. Assault is assault, and abuse is abuse.

this is a family court judge you would think he would know how bad this looks...so he would not do that to her??!!!

Let me try to explain what is really bothering me in the case. Because people saw this girl get a "beating" in their minds she can do no wrong and the father is a monster. So for those of you who are in the "she is an angel" camp what would happen if you walked into your children's bedroom and they had little bags of white powder on their desk. If you are any kind of parent you will not allow cocaine in your house. I am sure that there is even a house rule that says no drugs in the house and all of your children know it. It is your job as a "parent" to get that crap out of your house. You MUST in order to "protect" your children. Your house. Your rules.

In this case this man walked into his daughter's bedroom and what he saw he doing was the same as seeing her with little bags of white powder, a mirror, lines and a razor blade on her desk. HIS HOUSE. HIS RULES. HIS DAUGHTER. He has the right to protect his child from what HE sees is something horrible. When she fails to respond to his repeated attempts to correct her behavior because "Dad just doesn't understand how cool this music is" it is the same as her saying "Dad just doesn't understand how cool drugs are". As long as she is HIS under aged daughter she must live by HIS rules. That is a fundamental concept in every house in America. No one can tell your children that something is OK if YOU don't want your children to participate in that kind of thing. It is the same thing here.

I see that many of you believe that a child should never be touched for any reason. If that works in your world then I am happy for you. In my world a woman on Halloween night walks up to a child that she knows from the neighborhood and jokingly tells him that she is going to eat all of his candy. That 10 year old child pulls out a 9mm hand gun that he got from his grandfather's gun collection, points it at the woman and says, "No you won't BITCH!" She then has to stand there while the child screams at her looking down the barrel of a gun. Not knowing if she is going to die in the next few seconds. Yes, this happened just a few weeks ago. If that was my 10 year old I would go into his bedroom and take off my belt. And it would last a lot longer than 7 minutes. And he would be told that if he even looked at his grandfather's guns again, he would get the same punishment every day for a week. Because a few minutes of pain NOW will stop that bad behavior and in this case, may save someone's life. And please don't quote me studies from psychologists that don't even have children. If I am being too cruel, then tell me what you would do...

Something to consider Prime, that has nothing to do with raw emotion. Corporal punishment is used in some schools. Would you feel comfortable with this video if it were her teacher? I'm not asking if you think teachers should be able to discipline students this way, I'm talking about the way he handled this. Screaming and cursing at her, threatening to beat her face, etc.

By the way, I was spanked by my parents and I do believe in corporal punishment on young children, in a strictly business, no anger manner. Teenagers? Forget about it. It does no good. It only incites rage. If that man was my father and he tried that on me at 16, I would have hung him with that belt. Teenagers have anger issues as is.

Let me try to explain what is really bothering me in the case. Because people saw this girl get a "beating" in their minds she can do no wrong and the father is a monster. So for those of you who are in the "she is an angel" camp what would happen if you walked into your children's bedroom and they had little bags of white powder on their desk. If you are any kind of parent you will not allow cocaine in your house. I am sure that there is even a house rule that says no drugs in the house and all of your children know it. It is your job as a "parent" to get that crap out of your house. You MUST in order to "protect" your children. Your house. Your rules.

In this case this man walked into his daughter's bedroom and what he saw he doing was the same as seeing her with little bags of white powder, a mirror, lines and a razor blade on her desk. HIS HOUSE. HIS RULES. HIS DAUGHTER. He has the right to protect his child from what HE sees is something horrible. When she fails to respond to his repeated attempts to correct her behavior because "Dad just doesn't understand how cool this music is" it is the same as her saying "Dad just doesn't understand how cool drugs are". As long as she is HIS under aged daughter she must live by HIS rules. That is a fundamental concept in every house in America. No one can tell your children that something is OK if YOU don't want your children to participate in that kind of thing. It is the same thing here.

I see that many of you believe that a child should never be touched for any reason. If that works in your world then I am happy for you. In my world a woman on Halloween night walks up to a child that she knows from the neighborhood and jokingly tells him that she is going to eat all of his candy. That 10 year old child pulls out a 9mm hand gun that he got from his grandfather's gun collection, points it at the woman and says, "No you won't BITCH!" She then has to stand there while the child screams at her looking down the barrel of a gun. Not knowing if she is going to die in the next few seconds. Yes, this happened just a few weeks ago. If that was my 10 year old I would go into his bedroom and take off my belt. And it would last a lot longer than 7 minutes. And he would be told that if he even looked at his grandfather's guns again, he would get the same punishment every day for a week. Because a few minutes of pain NOW will stop that bad behavior and in this case, may save someone's life. And please don't quote me studies from psychologists that don't even have children. If I am being too cruel, then tell me what you would do...
Mormons don't drink coffee, should they beat their children for doing so? Some people teach their kids good manners, should they beat their kids if they don't say bless you when someone sneezes? Their house, their rules is extremely dangerous. Downloading music online is not doing blow, and it's not pulling a 9 out on some lady who jokes about candy.

I don't believe most people think she's an angel, but I'd bet she would have had a better chance at becoming an angel if she didn't have an abusive father.

I find it funny you keep talking about perspective, but i'll get back to that a little further down. Anyway, you once again, talk about people not understanding corpral punishment and spanking. And again, i have to point out how flawed that arguement is. As has been already stated, numerous times, by numerous people we have been spanked before, and we are still seeing the mans actions as going above and beyond. You seem to constantly be missing this point, which i can only see as deliberately ignoring them. This isn't a "Spanking vs. Nonspanking issue", or we would agree with you.

Now, this is where the word you use most "Perspective" comes into play. Downloading music is a crime, but this is where Perspective comes into play. It is such a small infraction, so tiny a crime in it's scope, that people need to realize this. Here is a paper which touches on downloading of music.
which consisted of monitoring 1.75 million downloads over 17 weeks in 2002,
http://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/4206.html
Now, looking at those numbers, we can see that music songs get downloaded a little bit. Well, more then a little bit. We're talking millions of times a year, if not tens of millions. Once again, the girl commited a cyber-crime which is about the same as jaywalking or parking at an expired meeter. This is the perspective that one should be using when deciding her punishment. The actual crime she did. His father gives his reasons for hitting his daughter, and they are weak at best. Especially when such an easy solution, like removing the internet is available. But, as shown and ignored by others, the man "likes to get his licks in".

You seem to have a very narrow view of what abuse is, Prime. Had he have used his fists or drawn blood, would that have suddenly crossed the line for you? The fact that he has "an excuse" to hit his daughter doesn't suddenly shift it from abuse to punishment. The fact that he hit her with a belt instead of his fists and in the legs and ass instead of other places could simply mean he has enough control to know where not to hit somebody. He is a judge, after all, which means he's not stupid. He knows what to look for because of his job.

I think this is the biggest problem for you, Prime. Not everybody else. You keep going back to this "Bigger picture" arguement, as though you are looking for an excuse for this man. Nobody is overlooking what the man is saying. They simply realize that what he is saying does not excuse his behaviour. Once again, the line between spanking and anti-spanking seems to be something your making up to support your beliefs, Prime.

We have plenty of prospective, Prime, and it's not in your favor. I do agree with you that different prospectives can be very useful, but sometimes those prospectives are utter bullshit, and need to be called out for them. I'm sure there are people who, in their prospective, feel that beating their wives is a good thing, as it keeps them submissive and less likely to disagree with them. Most intelegent people can call bullshit on that.

Now, before you respond, assuming your just going to make the same points as you've already made three or four times to support your cases, where I once again repeat the same problems with them that have not been addressed, lets switch it up a little, as to be honest, i wouldn't mind asking a few questions to see where you stand on some issues.

1. How old do you think a child has to be before the parent is not allowed to hit them anymore?

2. How many times/how much damage is a parent allowed to hit a child when they do feel the need to punish them?

3. What is a crime that deserves physical punishment? From your post, i'm guessing stealing a cookie from the cookie jar probably isn't, but walking across the street before the sign turns on to walk is.

I believe in discipline, and the rights of parents to use it on their children, within reason.

But thrashing a 16-year-old girl with a belt? Over the line. And what's just as disturbing is what he says-

(From the video)

Dad: "“Lay down or I will spank you in your fucking face”

Dad: “You turn over and take it like a 16 year old, like a grown woman.”

Dad: “I’m gonna beat you into submission.”

Dad: “I outta just keep beating you and beating you”

Dad: “If I hear so much as you raise your fucking voice one little bit to me or your mother in the wrong tone, or you do one little thing wrong, if you even look at me wrong I’m gonna take you in here and wear your ass out."

That's not only over the line, it's fuckin' creepy.

And why'd he have to turn the lights off?

People will never get it. Man, I have already said the father lost his temper during the interaction. Of course he is going to yell. Now, to address some of your points...

How old do I think a child has to be for a parent to stop using corporal punishment on the child? Depends on the family. A spanking might not be enough of a deterrent once a child gets to a certain age. Why? The kid knows the spanking will be within 5 minutes or so. When I was a teenager, my mother gave me the option of a spanking or being grounded. I chose the spanking. It all depends on the child and the parent. Haven't you heard this saying before? "Boy I don't care how old you are! You disrespect me and I will still beat your ass down!" This can be told to a 25 year old. It depends on the individual family. There is no right or wrong answer on that.

How many times/how much damage is a parent allowed to hit a child when they do feel the need to punish them? Again, depends on the situation. There is no "magic" amount for you to know this. Which is why I laughed my ass off over the "2-7 light to moderately painful..." suggestion. A good parent knows when to stop.

"What is a crime that deserves physical punishment? From your post, i'm guessing stealing a cookie from the cookie jar probably isn't, but walking across the street before the sign turns on to walk is." Um, no. Cute though... Hate to break this to you, but downloading music illegally is far more serious than jay-walking. No one gets sued for jay-walking... As for physical punishment, it depends on what the offense is. It could be simply for backtalking a parent. It could be for breaking something valuable. It could be by not doing my chores when I was supposed to do it. It could be for fighting with my sibling. It really does depend. Pretty much, the offense would be the same as though you wanted to ground them instead. What act deserves grounding? It all depends on the "family rules".

As for what the father was saying during the interaction, the cursing was a bit disturbing, but again, how do conversations go during a typical spanking? Parents are screaming to the top of their lungs and say all kinds of things. The below clip is from a stand up comedian and is supposed to be funny, but there is a lot of truth as to what he is saying. The words he is using is pretty typical. Now if he wasn't telling jokes, and this was a real conversation, people would be in a uproar. That's why the audience is laughing. There is TRUTH in what he is saying.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EMFvSJeGtIY?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EMFvSJeGtIY?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Bottom line is this, the judge disciplined his daughter according to how he saw fit. Just because you saw it and didn't like it, doesn't mean it was wrong. There is a big difference between that video and the video of an actual beating.

As for what the father was saying during the interaction, the cursing was a bit disturbing, but again, how do conversations go during a typical spanking? Parents are screaming to the top of their lungs and say all kinds of things. The below clip is from a stand up comedian and is supposed to be funny, but there is a lot of truth as to what he is saying. The words he is using is pretty typical. Now if he wasn't telling jokes, and this was a real conversation, people would be in a uproar. That's why the audience is laughing. There is TRUTH in what he is saying.
Just because you saw it and didn't like it, doesn't mean it was wrong. There is a big difference between that video and the video of an actual beating.

There's also a few HUGE differences between a stand-up comedian making jokes, and a guy who turns off the lights before promising to beat his daughter into submission.

Bottom line is this, the judge disciplined his daughter according to how he saw fit. Just because you saw it and didn't like it, doesn't mean it was wrong. There is a big difference between that video and the video of an actual beating.

If the "spanking" in that video isn't a beating and abusive, then what would be considered a beating and abusive?

primetime said:

We're not living in the 1800s anymore. This logic is flawed in so many ways.

You consider physical assault discipline.

Maybe I consider waterboarding discipline. Can I waterboard my children? (It doesn't even leave any marks *winkwink*)

Capn'n, have you ever witnessed your own spankings on video?

No.

I beat people would say you were "beaten" too.

No, they wouldn't. I was there. I know what took place. You were not, and you do not know -- or are you extending your powers of speculation here as well, to assume something of which you have not even a video clip to work from?

That's the point of all this.

Then your point is wrong.

Yes, I am being condescending. I give back what I receive from others...

>shrug< Like I said, I'm less invested than you. Enjoy your argument.

There's also a few HUGE differences between a stand-up comedian making jokes, and a guy who turns off the lights before promising to beat his daughter into submission.

I guess you missed the part where I said to pay attention to what the comedian is saying. There is a lot of TRUTH behind the words he chose to use.. You hear all kinds of things during corporal punishment. At the end of the day, that footage does do enough to tell me that it is abuse...

We're not living in the 1800s anymore. This logic is flawed in so many ways.

You consider physical assault discipline.

Maybe I consider waterboarding discipline. Can I waterboard my children? (It doesn't even leave any marks *winkwink*)

So what you're saying is, spankings should not be allowed period? After all, even your "2-7 light to moderate swats" would be considered a "physical assault"....

Yeah, waterboarding. Well, if you feel it is necessary to do so, then go right ahead...*winkwink*

No.

No, they wouldn't. I was there. I know what took place. You were not, and you do not know -- or are you extending your powers of speculation here as well, to assume something of which you have not even a video clip to work from?

Then your point is wrong.

>shrug< Like I said, I'm less invested than you. Enjoy your argument.

Well, if you haven't witnessed your own spankings, then any spanking will look like abuse. That's the point I am making. You say that people who would witness yours would not consider it abuse. How do you know this? You would be amazed on how people react to things. Just going by this thread let me know that...

How is my point wrong? Because you say so? Yeah, right.... My point is just as valid as yours...

You're the one who brought up the condescending tone of certain posts... I can't help it if people are doing exactly what the blackmailing daughter wants them to do. Congrats.... Enjoy your time away from this thread....

I have no doubt she posted that video in order to incite rage from the public, however, that is not why anyone is mad. We weren't tricked into seeing something that was not there. People come to their own conclusions about this, no matter her intentions. You are not simply arguing because all those drama lawyer shows are making the position of devil's advocate hip and trendy, are you? There are any number of reasons why people feel the way they do. Acting like this girl cast some kind of spell on us is unrealistic.

What he says to her throughout that video is highly disturbing, you admitted he lost his temper yourself. How can you objectively apply corporal punishment if you've launched into some fit of rage? The fact he came back a second time suggests that he didn't simply lose his temper in the moment, but has a history of anger.

Lastly, giving people free reign to do whatever they so please to their children is turning a blind eye towards child abuse.

So what you're saying is, spankings should not be allowed period? After all, even your "2-7 light to moderate swats" would be considered a "physical assault"....

Yeah, waterboarding. Well, if you feel it is necessary to do so, then go right ahead...*winkwink*

No. What I'm saying is that we can't just let people go around pulling their own fancy definitions of abuse out of their ass.

I don't think that spankings are absolutely necessary, but I have no inherent problem with them. What I have a problem with is child abuse. If you don't... well, more power to ya.

How old do I think a child has to be for a parent to stop using corporal punishment on the child? Depends on the family. A spanking might not be enough of a deterrent once a child gets to a certain age. Why? The kid knows the spanking will be within 5 minutes or so. When I was a teenager, my mother gave me the option of a spanking or being grounded. I chose the spanking. It all depends on the child and the parent. Haven't you heard this saying before? "Boy I don't care how old you are! You disrespect me and I will still beat your ass down!" This can be told to a 25 year old. It depends on the individual family. There is no right or wrong answer on that.

How many times/how much damage is a parent allowed to hit a child when they do feel the need to punish them? Again, depends on the situation. There is no "magic" amount for you to know this. Which is why I laughed my ass off over the "2-7 light to moderately painful..." suggestion. A good parent knows when to stop.

"What is a crime that deserves physical punishment? From your post, i'm guessing stealing a cookie from the cookie jar probably isn't, but walking across the street before the sign turns on to walk is." Um, no. Cute though... Hate to break this to you, but downloading music illegally is far more serious than jay-walking. No one gets sued for jay-walking... As for physical punishment, it depends on what the offense is. It could be simply for backtalking a parent. It could be for breaking something valuable. It could be by not doing my chores when I was supposed to do it. It could be for fighting with my sibling. It really does depend. Pretty much, the offense would be the same as though you wanted to ground them instead. What act deserves grounding? It all depends on the "family rules".

Thank you for answering the questions. Truth be told, I never heard "Boy I don't care how old you are! You disrespect me and I will still beat your ass down!" in our house. Probably because we weren't overtly violent in nature, nor were my parents.

The problem i see with all of your answers, is that your protraying the issues as highly subjective. Now, i can understand this to a degree. After all, there is no manuel for being a parent, and there is always going to be a grey area when it comes to parenting. The problem with your answers though is just how much of a grey area they create. Using your examples, I could beat the fuck out of my 25 year old daughter for talking back to me, because those are the rules i've made and I feel like i'm being a good parent because i'm teaching her.

As for the comedian, it was amusing, and there was likely some truth to it. Funny thing about comedy though is that it can be told in regards to pretty much anything and find an audience, no matter what the subject is. Hell, we commonly tell each other tales of our misfortune which, while not funny at the time, are able to be laughed about later. Had the comedian told the same story, but removed the humor elements and changed how he told it a bit, it could have just as easily been in a drama movie.

The problem i see with all of your answers, is that your protraying the issues as highly subjective. Now, i can understand this to a degree. After all, there is no manuel for being a parent, and there is always going to be a grey area when it comes to parenting. The problem with your answers though is just how much of a grey area they create. Using your examples, I could beat the fuck out of my 25 year old daughter for talking back to me, because those are the rules i've made and I feel like i'm being a good parent because i'm teaching her.

Bingo. Nail on the head.

That's what I've been trying to say.

What's New

6/16/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT,. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back