• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

"Morality Police"

I'm gonna make a couple of observations, here. The usual suspects can save their rage, because I have most of you on Ignore.
Firstly, I think it's kinda funny that the whole "we call you names so that you know what it feels like" argument is even a thing. Why? Because look at the names themselves.
"Morality police" - a label applied to people who tell people they shouldn't act in ways that women find creepy or threatening.
"Creepy" - a label applied to people who act in ways that women find creepy or threatening.
Yeah, not even remotely the same fucking thing. I'd rather be called "Morality police" than "creepy".
Secondly, and I realize this is a pretty serious accusation, so the mods can feel free to censure me for it if they decide it's out of line, but at this point I think the whole "non-con/tickling strangers" thing is an elaborate troll by either sock puppets/alternate accounts or just bored long-timers.
Why do I feel this way? Because it plays out the exact same way every time. Observe;
Newly-registered member/member with few posts starts a thread with the theme of "How can I do this line-crossing thing and get away with it? Share your stories!". Alternately, "Hey, I did this line-crossing thing. Anyone else/aren't I wonderful?"
Folks pop in to say "hey, that's not kosher."
Like clockwork, the same two or three people pop in to argue for the "poor innocent noob who was just asking a question and has almost certainly been run off by the Morality Police now".
The argument begins. The same two or three analogies/questions are brought up by said posters.
Said arguments/analogies are rebutted. The same two or three follow-up questions are asked, and answered.
Derails occur, usually by said two or three posters making either an off-topic rant about censorship or calling the original responders names.
Responders respond to derails. Topic goes on until people get bored.
And then, after a period of time it happens again. Same topic. Same format. Same posters.
The reason why I think it's a troll, is because as has been pointed out previously, is because the topic is always brought up by a new user, it's always the same two or three people who derail it into an argument, and it's also always those same two or three people who make the same analogies, ask the exact same questions (that have been answered over and over again), and devolve the argument into personal attacks and inflammatory flaming. It's like they're typing from a script at this point, and it works every time.
At this point I believe that the people in question don't really care about the whys and wherefores; they know what buttons to push and enjoy pushing them periodically to get their fix from a fifteen-page flamewar.
As to the whole Rape Culture thing, while I personally don't like the term (precisely because it's loaded and people never understand what it means), allow me to go all Feminist 101 on you (...is it mansplaining if I'm talking to other men? anyway), and note that these topics run the risk of devolving into an echo chamber that contributes to an environment that not only actively drives women out of this community, but also does encourage anti-social and unhealthy treatment of women in Real Life. And that is ultimately what Rape Culture is; a culture in which rape is excused and/or encouraged by the people within that culture. Substitute "rape" for "all the stupid bullshit we justify here under the umbrella of 'I thought we were here to talk about tickling!'" and it's pretty much the same thing. I can't help but note with irony that we bemoan the fact that women don't like to post here, but when they try to tell us why, we call them names and try to make their experiences as unpleasant as possible. It's like we want to be a community of creepy (fuck you, Imma use that term whether you like it or not) fucktards masturbating into our keyboards and being laughed at by the rest of the Internet.
You may now call me all manner of horrible names. I'll get the ball rolling; "self-righteous", "smug", "holier-than-thou", "White-Knighting". Enjoy.

Couldn't agree more. It seems, as of late, the "controversial" threads are less about "fucking with" non-consenting strangers, and more about "fucking with" members of the forum. I'd venture to say the motivation comes from the same place; a desire for contact and interaction that they're just not getting elsewhere.

1.) What the fuck are you talking about? I have not seen a moderator intervening in this conversation/thread or censoring a poster.
I'm talking about my life!
I can't seem to get that through to you.

I'm not just talking about one person, I'm talking about everybody!
I'm talking about form!
I'm talking about content!
I'm talking about interrelationships!
I'm talking about God, the Devil, Hell, Heaven!

Do you understand? Finally?

2.) "Anonymous moderation," what the fuck is that? Who will pay the bills to keep this website going?
Read it again, it’s bound to seep in eventually.

3.) Who is the fucking "Morality Police"? This is not a sectarian messageboard... If it was, your virtual dick would have been cutoff like a baby who can not protect themself against circumcision.
Look, it’s very simple; if the powers that be have no problem with the Morality Police, just add a disclaimer to the TMF Terms of Use and GR sticky:

All discussion topics and content from here on and henceforth are subject to the arbitrary discretion of forum moderators.

Then it’s crystal clear and we can call it a day!

See, the TMF is a child of the internet; it has no boarders. This silly notion of freedom of speech without fear of persecution is strictly an American construct. The progressives prefer a New World Order style of authoritarian rule where they decide for all, what speech is to be tolerated in order to promote an agenda.

It couldn’t be any more obvious if it jumped out of the monitor and tweaked your nipple (really hard).

Now raise your hand and repeat:

Obedience without question; loyalty until Underverse come!

I'm talking about my life!
I can't seem to get that through to you.

I'm not just talking about one person, I'm talking about everybody!
I'm talking about form!
I'm talking about content!
I'm talking about interrelationships!
I'm talking about God, the Devil, Hell, Heaven!

Do you understand? Finally?

LOL! Props to you, Mr. Harding. Well done.

I'm gonna make a couple of observations, here. The usual suspects can save their rage, because I have most of you on Ignore.

Firstly, I think it's kinda funny that the whole "we call you names so that you know what it feels like" argument is even a thing. Why? Because look at the names themselves.

"Morality police" - a label applied to people who tell people they shouldn't act in ways that women find creepy or threatening.

"Creepy" - a label applied to people who act in ways that women find creepy or threatening.

Yeah, not even remotely the same fucking thing. I'd rather be called "Morality police" than "creepy".

Secondly, and I realize this is a pretty serious accusation, so the mods can feel free to censure me for it if they decide it's out of line, but at this point I think the whole "non-con/tickling strangers" thing is an elaborate troll by either sock puppets/alternate accounts or just bored long-timers.

Why do I feel this way? Because it plays out the exact same way every time. Observe;

Newly-registered member/member with few posts starts a thread with the theme of "How can I do this line-crossing thing and get away with it? Share your stories!". Alternately, "Hey, I did this line-crossing thing. Anyone else/aren't I wonderful?"

Like clockwork, the same two or three people pop in to argue for the "poor innocent noob who was just asking a question and has almost certainly been run off by the Morality Police now".

The argument begins. The same two or three analogies/questions are brought up by said posters.

Said arguments/analogies are rebutted. The same two or three follow-up questions are asked, and answered.

Derails occur, usually by said two or three posters making either an off-topic rant about censorship or calling the original responders names.

And then, after a period of time it happens again. Same topic. Same format. Same posters.

The reason why I think it's a troll, is because as has been pointed out previously, is because the topic is always brought up by a new user, it's always the same two or three people who derail it into an argument, and it's also always those same two or three people who make the same analogies, ask the exact same questions (that have been answered over and over again), and devolve the argument into personal attacks and inflammatory flaming. It's like they're typing from a script at this point, and it works every time.

At this point I believe that the people in question don't really care about the whys and wherefores; they know what buttons to push and enjoy pushing them periodically to get their fix from a fifteen-page flamewar.

As to the whole Rape Culture thing, while I personally don't like the term (precisely because it's loaded and people never understand what it means), allow me to go all Feminist 101 on you (...is it mansplaining if I'm talking to other men? anyway), and note that these topics run the risk of devolving into an echo chamber that contributes to an environment that not only actively drives women out of this community, but also does encourage anti-social and unhealthy treatment of women in Real Life. And that is ultimately what Rape Culture is; a culture in which rape is excused and/or encouraged by the people within that culture. Substitute "rape" for "all the stupid bullshit we justify here under the umbrella of 'I thought we were here to talk about tickling!'" and it's pretty much the same thing. I can't help but note with irony that we bemoan the fact that women don't like to post here, but when they try to tell us why, we call them names and try to make their experiences as unpleasant as possible. It's like we want to be a community of creepy (fuck you, Imma use that term whether you like it or not) fucktards masturbating into our keyboards and being laughed at by the rest of the Internet.

You may now call me all manner of horrible names. I'll get the ball rolling; "self-righteous", "smug", "holier-than-thou", "White-Knighting". Enjoy.

If this is the case, and it is a "troll" starting these threads, then why do the same group of people always seem to chime in on it and blast the poster for their behavior? Why can't they let the thread pop up, no one really replies, then it goes away? Why do they have this compelling need to respond to them?

Why do they have this compelling need to respond to them?

Can't speak for anybody else, but personally: because I'd rather be labeled as morality police than a creeper by just silently agreeing.

I must admit, I find this conflict an amazing sociological study. On the majority side, you have people who have great concern on how the forum is perceived by outsiders, and go to great lengths to discourage behavior they feel puts the forum as a whole in a bad light.

On the minority side, you have rebel spirits who chafe at the thought of universal conformity thrust upon them, and vehemently object to the proponents of uniformity.

It's absolutely classic!

I must admit, I find this conflict an amazing sociological study. On the majority side, you have people who have great concern on how the forum is perceived by outsiders, and go to great lengths to discourage behavior they feel puts the forum as a whole in a bad light.

On the minority side, you have rebel spirits who chafe at the thought of universal conformity thrust upon them, and vehemently object to the proponents of uniformity.

It's absolutely classic!
Quite succinctly put Mr. Hulk!

A decade ago, there seemed to be much tighter control over the responses in any given topic so the discussions didn’t degenerate immediately into a huge flame fest.

At this point, forum discipline is more analogous to the difference in parenting between the first born and the fifth born child, after thirteen years of child rearing. The first born is often disciplined with an iron fist and 24/7 attention, while the fifth born is barely acknowledged as a family member and allowed to get away with murder. The parents are effectively burnt out.

The energy required to govern the forum as it was in 2001 has long since dissipated.

Quite succinctly put Mr. Hulk!

A decade ago, there seemed to be much tighter control over the responses in any given topic so the discussions didn’t degenerate immediately into a huge flame fest.

At this point, forum discipline is more analogous to the difference in parenting between the first born and the fifth born child, after thirteen years of child rearing. The first born is often disciplined with an iron fist and 24/7 attention, while the fifth born is barely acknowledged as a family member and allowed to get away with murder. The parents are effectively burnt out.

The energy required to govern the forum as it was in 2001 has long since dissipated.

So now instead of debating the topic at hand we've switched to slamming the mods of the forum? I've found mods of the forum actually do a damn bit of work to try to keep everyone happy.... You cant possible manage the forum with "an iron fist" and expect the population to continue to grow and be happy here. There needs to be room for debate and discussion. Besides, with the amount of forums, clips, the chat... I'd like to see you run things single handedly... yeah sure that'd go over well, anyone who disagrees with you would be banned I'm sure.

So now instead of debating the topic at hand we've switched to slamming the mods of the forum? I've found mods of the forum actually do a damn bit of work to try to keep everyone happy.... You cant possible manage the forum with "an iron fist" and expect the population to continue to grow and be happy here. There needs to be room for debate and discussion. Besides, with the amount of forums, clips, the chat...

I’m not slamming anyone; I merely postulate that the Morality Police would not have been so dominate a decade ago. I’ve repeatedly pointed out that the forum owners have every right to run this site as they see fit, while suggesting reasonable options if they’re interested.

Or are you suggesting that I shouldn’t express my opinion because you find it annoying? :hmm:

I'd like to see you run things single handedly... yeah sure that'd go over well, anyone who disagrees with you would be banned I'm sure.
Well, not everyone, but I do have a very short list … ;)

I’m not slamming anyone; I merely postulate that the Morality Police would not have been so dominate a decade ago. I’ve repeatedly pointed out that the forum owners have every right to run this site as they see fit, while suggesting reasonable options if they’re interested.

Or are you suggesting that I shouldn’t express my opinion because you find it annoying? :hmm:

Well, not everyone, but I do have a very short list … ;)

Yeah right... that's EXACTLY what I was suggesting :crazy: But continue to bend and twist words however you see fit :) I digress from this conversation as it's not even worth anyone's time anymore- all people have done is turn it into a way to insult (or attempt to) those of us who know right from wrong :)

If this is the case, and it is a "troll" starting these threads, then why do the same group of people always seem to chime in on it and blast the poster for their behavior? Why can't they let the thread pop up, no one really replies, then it goes away? Why do they have this compelling need to respond to them?

Two notes;

First, I don't believe it's the same people "policing" every time, even though you do see a couple of the same names popping up. We have a large core group of regular, active posters and when the topic comes up, they participate. I don't know about you, but I see different names on the "police" side every time, unlike the opposite. (Personally, I'm glad to see more women speaking up.)

Secondly, it's unfortunately a Catch-22 in that even if it is a troll, you can't really let the topic go lest it turn into an echo chamber like I described above. It's not behavior that should be tolerated, unfortunately it's difficult, if not impossible, to actually prove the people in question are trolling.

Finally, I personally have grown tired of this particular carnival ride. I no longer engage with these people precisely because I think they're doing it on purpose.

I merely postulate that the Morality Police would not have been so dominate a decade ago.

Having actually been here a decade ago, I postulate that not only are you wrong, as there have always been very vocal people on both sides of the fence, but that the atmosphere we have today may very well be the result of most people just being so absolutely fucking sick of the stupid behavior of a handful of troublemakers that's been going on since, well, a decade ago.

Having actually been here a decade ago, I postulate that not only are you wrong, as there have always been very vocal people on both sides of the fence, but that the atmosphere we have today may very well be the result of most people just being so absolutely fucking sick of the stupid behavior of a handful of troublemakers that's been going on since, well, a decade ago.

First off, a decade ago there were many more “active” moderators, who would chime in within minutes of a thread going south. There were many more Mod edits, GR warnings, and outright bans … today, not so much.

So we can only speculate that the current Mod squad either condones the activities of the moral police, or they have been beaten into submission through pure boredom. I’ll leave it to you to decide which.

Sure, the typical disclaimer discouraging any response. Ignore all you like, but let the record show I'm all for a reasonable public debate.

Well look at the bright side. At leastyou get half of your wish.

I trust you'll forgive me if I don't fully accept your definitions. The term Morality Police applies to people who try to set standards of behavior by which everyone else is expected to comply. Their message is essentially, "Listen up people. We, the Morality Police have drawn the lines for acceptable behavior and we've established the parameters by which the rest of you will be expected to conduct yourselves upon logging out of the TMF and venturing into the realm of tickling in the real world. These are neither guidelines nor recommendations. These are your marching orders. Full compliance is mandatory and failure to do so will result in a campaign of shame and intimidation against any and all who resist or even question these orders."

I've had my same suspicions about about you Big Brother controlling types, and for the same reasaon.

Newly-registered or low-post-count member posts a question about tickling that falls outside of the standards imposed by the morality police.

Immediately, as if on queue, the MPs descend on the hapless fellow and proceeds to bludgeon him with shame, and it's almost always the same one or two of them that ignite the sea of gasoline with the exact same well-rehearsed accusations of "creepy" and "underhanded" tactics, blah blah blah. The OP is never to be seen again for the remainder of the thread. I've a hard time reconciling the inherent Lord Of The Flies cruelty exhibited by the MP's, and have at times wondered if it isn't some hoax simply to harrass the Coalition. Ultimately, I rejected the idea and have resigned that yes, the MPs really are that mean spirited.

Is that what you believe? Well I believe that all one has to do is ask the question, which side benefits from turning an innocent request to a 15-page flame war? The OP almost never gets his questions answered, and any hope for a reasonable discussion on the MP-unapproved topic has been trashed by the collective finger of shame. The OP more often than not disappears forever, never to be heard from again. From the MP perspective, it's mission accomplished.

As to the whole Rape Culture thing, while I personally don't like the term (precisely because it's loaded and people never understand what it means), allow me to go all Feminist 101 on you (...is it mansplaining if I'm talking to other men? anyway), and note that these topics run the risk of devolving into an echo chamber that contributes to an environment that not only actively drives women out of this community, but also does encourage anti-social and unhealthy treatment of women in Real Life. And that is ultimately what Rape Culture is; a culture in which rape is excused and/or encouraged by the people within that culture.
Oh yes, the age old "Noncon tickling = rape!" bit, in which the Morality Police attempt to manipulate the emotions in order to rally female support. They will of course deny this tactic exists, yet rarely does a noncon thread escape this "phenomenon." You can see the tactic used quite explicitly in the next sentence:

Substitute "rape" for "all the stupid bullshit we justify here under the umbrella of 'I thought we were here to talk about tickling!'" and it's pretty much the same thing.
"Pretty much the same thing." There it is in black and white; but when called on this bullshit they will deny it and say things like "you're missing the fucking point," or "you don't understand what the phrase Rape Culture means," and from there it's your typical back-pedal.

I can't help but note with irony that we bemoan the fact that women don't like to post here, but when they try to tell us why, we call them names and try to make their experiences as unpleasant as possible. It's like we want to be a community of creepy (fuck you, Imma use that term whether you like it or not) fucktards masturbating into our keyboards and being laughed at by the rest of the Internet.
Now it's beginning to become clear to me why you want to believe that the guys who post questions of which you disapprove are "trolls." Your goal is to drive out these guys or at the very least discourage them from posting on topics to which you disapprove; all for the purpose of decorating the forum with "sensitivity" and "consideration" which you hope will attract more female members.

But you're frustrated because every time you think you've permanently ostracized the last of these guys, another one pops up in a few months, asking for advice on unapproved behavior. "Surely there can't be that many who resist our campaign of shame. Wait, I've got it! They must be trolls and sock puppets! Of course!"

First off, a decade ago there were many more “active” moderators, who would chime in within minutes of a thread going south. There were many more Mod edits, GR warnings, and outright bans … today, not so much.

So we can only speculate that the current Mod squad either condones the activities of the moral police, or they have been beaten into submission through pure boredom. I’ll leave it to you to decide which.

Most moderations are done invisibly now. You don't know whats been vanished or edited. Only warnings are issued in public, and not even all those.

Several years back we moved to a more silent moderation style, as I felt our more public method was feeding the behavior it was combatting.

People are just as engaged.

As for condoning things, we first and foremost try to allow for the maximal ability for people to post opinions as they like, from all sides. Even things we don't agree with as individuals sometimes. This is done for the value of open debate.

Using the 'Tickling Strangers' Thread as an example; I personally think it's a choice of action that is fraught with potential downsides, in the real and moral worlds. But I won't vanish or edit threads that start the topic (which happens on a very regular basis) because there is a base value in the debate that emerges when members interact over the topic. It's shows people who we are, by showing how most of us who post feel on the matter.

Myriads

Now it's beginning to become clear to me why you want to believe that the guys who post questions of which you disapprove are "trolls." Your goal is to drive out these guys or at the very least discourage them from posting on topics to which you disapprove; all for the purpose of decorating the forum with "sensitivity" and "consideration" which you hope will attract more female members.

But you're frustrated because every time you think you've permanently ostracized the last of these guys, another one pops up in a few months, asking for advice on unapproved behavior. "Surely there can't be that many who resist our campaign of shame. Wait, I've got it! They must be trolls and sock puppets! Of course!"

Four times out of Five A quick IP backtrace pins a new poster opening a 'hot button topic' thread, to a previous known Trolling account. There are about three dedicated practitioners of this style of incite-based mischief active on the forum.

Just sayin'

Myriads

Most moderations are done invisibly now. You don't know whats been vanished or edited. Only warnings are issued in public, and not even all those.

Several years back we moved to a more silent moderation style, as I felt our more public method was feeding the behavior it was combatting.

People are just as engaged.

As for condoning things, we first and foremost try to allow for the maximal ability for people to post opinions as they like, from all sides. Even things we don't agree with as individuals sometimes. This is done for the value of open debate.

Using the 'Tickling Strangers' Thread as an example; I personally think it's a choice of action that is fraught with potential downsides, in the real and moral worlds. But I won't vanish or edit threads that start the topic (which happens on a very regular basis) because there is a base value in the debate that emerges when members interact over the topic. It's shows people who we are, by showing how most of us who post feel on the matter.

Myriads
Thanks for the clarification Myriads.

I think the moderation with respect to the Morality Police I have difficulty wrapping my head around, has to do with this statement in the GR:
Intelligent disagreement and debate are encouraged and welcome. Simple negativity is not. For example, if you don't like a story, saying why is encouraged and welcome. Saying that its "lame" is not.
I my opinion, the negativity often goes well past respectful disagreement, and crosses over to gang mentality intimidation. Can you honestly tell us you believe the “Tickling Strangers” thread as it stands, given the OP statement, meets the standard for “intelligent disagreement” as stated above?

If the answer is a resounding yes, then any further (or future) discussion of “Morality Police” is pointless. If on the other hand the answer is “not exactly; a lot of it seriously tests the GR boundaries, but I’d prefer to err on the side of free expression, rather than teeter the moderation fence for every post”, then I believe this debate is relevant.

Because I don't pay as close attention to forum politics, post history trends, waves of patterns of emotion that this forum goes through, etc.

Honestly, I'm not so deep in this forum that I could respond to tens of threads a day and not notice what Phineas noticed.

I'm glad he did though because maybe I'll think twice about responding next time.

Call me slow, naive, or stupid I guess.

If the answer is a resounding yes, then any further (or future) discussion of “Morality Police” is pointless. If on the other hand the answer is “not exactly; a lot of it seriously tests the GR boundaries, but I’d prefer to err on the side of free expression, rather than teeter the moderation fence for every post”, then I believe this debate is relevant.

In a utopian world the GR would work as a utopian rule.

We have neither.

The GR when designed, was aimed at this sort of behavior:

Person posts video clip/story/art whatever.

Person replies to it: "It's crap." or "Why do you post nothing but shit?" or "Fuck off duckweed!"

In short, insults that provided nothing constructive to the thread and the contribution. If they didn't like it they could say "I don't like this because...." and provide a constructive post.

So it was designed to stop the negativity that often squelched new posters before they even got started here.

It served that purpose, and over the years evolved to be a general code of civility we aspire to have members follow in their interactions.

In the thread you mention, GR edits took place. Once the attacks became personal. And I made a comment about debate the points not the people.

If I start to vanish every post that is negative, or contains a fragmentary attack I'll be killing a lot of the posts made. We leave things until a level is reached that we feel is noxious. Once that line is crossed we moderate, if a poster shows a pattern of being a serial problem child, repeating behaviors over and over after warnings, further direct actions take place (Banning, etc).

The net idea is that if we see a member that habitually attacks other members, actions will happen.

Myriads

Four times out of Five A quick IP backtrace pins a new poster opening a 'hot button topic' thread, to a previous known Trolling account. There are about three dedicated practitioners of this style of incite-based mischief active on the forum.

Just sayin'

Myriads
Interesting. But I don't see that it really changes anything for us. One thing I've learned from your most recent admonishment is that even if we're harassed by a persistent troll or sock, we're to treat such individuals under the same GR protocol as legitimate members. That being the case, if and when these threads are started by trolls, I'll leave that for you to sort out. If you've no objections, I'm inclined to continue defending the these individuals when they are attacked by the morality police.

Interesting. But I don't see that it really changes anything for us. One thing I've learned from your most recent admonishment is that even if we're harassed by a persistent troll or sock, we're to treat such individuals under the same GR protocol as legitimate members. That being the case, if and when these threads are started by trolls, I'll leave that for you to sort out. If you've no objections, I'm inclined to continue defending the these individuals when they are attacked by the morality police.

Certainly a fair thing to do, as long as said defense is within the rules.

Myriads

I just came on forum and noticed this long thread. As I made many comments in the other thread, about stranger tickling, that started this current thread.. I'll just make this observation..

In no way was I trying to be the "Morality Police", so to say, in the other thread about stranger tickling. I was merely posting my personal observations, and opinions, about a very.,. I'll say.. controversial subject.

I try to make it a practice of not judging how others live their lives, except in two cases. One.., if their actions or how they live their life directly affect me.. or Two, if they insult me unjustifiably.

I'll make this blanket statement.. so as not to sound like the "Morality Police".

Personally, I don't believe in engaging in stranger tickling, and I believe it Is wrong. I would not do it, because.. the risk for me, of the consequences, would not be worth the "reward " I would get from it. If another person wants to tickle a stranger, let them do as they please, while hopefully being aware of the potential consequences of doing such.

I just came on forum and noticed this long thread. As I made many comments in the other thread, about stranger tickling, that started this current thread.. I'll just make this observation..

In no way was I trying to be the "Morality Police", so to say, in the other thread about stranger tickling. I was merely posting my personal observations, and opinions, about a very.,. I'll say.. controversial subject.

I try to make it a practice of not judging how others live their lives, except in two cases. One.., if their actions or how they live their life directly affect me.. or Two, if they insult me unjustifiably.

I'll make this blanket statement.. so as not to sound like the "Morality Police".

Personally, I don't believe in engaging in stranger tickling, and I believe it Is wrong. I would not do it, because.. the risk for me, of the consequences, would not be worth the "reward " I would get from it. If another person wants to tickle a stranger, let them do as they please, while hopefully being aware of the potential consequences of doing such.

Mitchell your comments where in no way wrong in that thread. Your responses were thought out and you were sure to say "I wouldnt do it for this reason" or "I believe this because of this"... dont worry, I highly doubt it was directed at you :)

Because there's something called 'social skills" that most people have in some context, and when people don't they confuse their own horrible ignorance of how to interact with people with others "policing them" for doing extraordinarily creepy and inappropriate shit.

You know. Because they're idiots.

The simplest explanation was strangely passed over, so I'll re-post it....

Let me add something different, a new perspective.

Maybe people give advice here, as I do, to actually help people, and not to be trolls.

For example, when I see the typical "My wife is a spectacular, amazing person with beautiful feet and is my soul mate and is completely in love with me.....but she's not ticklish, so I'm thinking of divorcing
her...." We all could just ignore him and let him stupidly divorce his perfect wife, but I like to jump in, and hopefully enlighten him on his potential disastrous decision.
Usually, I want to be funnier and meaner at the same time - "Oh, by all means, divorce her now, give her half your salary, turn her family into enemies and lose a bunch of friends when she tells them the reason why you're divorcing her, and by all means, choose the perfect ticklee from the long line of girls waiting outside your house for you, because, you know......"

A lot of that was silly over exaggeration for the trolls waiting to jump in and fact check the one or 4 mistakes I made....but the point being, the forum is here for a seriously helpful reason:
to give folks meaning, to let them know they're not alone, to give relationship advice, which those who give it hope the asker listens and uses the knowledge imparted to improve their lives.

It's also useful for the less socially aware to protect them from, you know, getting their ass kicked, or worse.

People kindly telling you to, you know, maybe not tickle strangers, is us looking out for you, because the real world isn't The Tickling Media Forum. If it was, the girl would laugh
and enjoy it, because in this small forum world, the one aspect shared by the entire population is that we all enjoy tickling in some way.

On Earth, third planet from the Sun, a lot of people don't like tickling, at all, and may even react violently, and on top of that, most people don't like being touched by strangers.

Unless it's a guy, and the stranger happens to be a searingly hot girl, who appeals to their sexual likes, and then....it may still be looked on as strange.

Yes, if a stunningly beautiful girl with huge tits in a nice outfit and sheer toe suntan pantyhose, after kicking her shoes off revealing beautiful footsies, decided to start tickling me....
I probably won't object, but still, I'd be very perplexed.

This of course, will never happen to me.

Ever.

Unless I was filthy rich..maybe....in a parallel universe......maybe. Hell, even then, probably not.

Maybe in Heaven, if Heaven is real.

If you're some weird dude, and you're doing it to some girl.....it's not going to go over too well.

BUT HEY, we're just giving humble advice.

By all means, go ahead and tickle away, if you see those feet on the bus or sticking out a car window or the girl in the park. Don't let us ruffle any feathers, pun intended or not, who knows.

But let us know how it went after your done. And try to be honest, this may get entertaining....

PS: And what's with the bizarre jabs at the moderators? There are some Pantyhose forums where the guys graphically describe what they want to do with the pantyhose clad feet of the
wives whose husbands post their pics, and all that flies. If that happened here, folks would be a little shocked.
Other pantyhose forums......it's REALLY moderated. Make one mistake, and you get a public warning. One or two more, and you're publicly and aggressively banned from the whole forum.
I'd say we've got it pretty nice here.

As one of the more outspoken opponents to the Morality Police and the originator of the phrase, I can tell you it doesn't apply to people offering friendly advice like, "Hey, you might want to be careful tickling strangers, they might react unfavorably." The Morality Police response is more along the lines of, "No wonder women don't post here with creepy motherfuckers like this guy."

With the MP, it's all about shame and condemnation, and the only concern is not for the well-being of the asker, but that any women browsing the forum might see the question and make a decision to not participate...because you know....they're so delicate and fragile.

We're all adults here. We're long past the stage of learning how to play with others. Those like me who tickle strangers on rare occasions know the risks and potential pitfalls, better in fact than those who would warn us of them. But some people, once they get some time in the community and a couple of gatherings under their belt, begin to exhibit an air of superiority, and feel compelled to "teach" those of us who operate a little differently. When we say "thanks for the advice but we'll just continue doing it our way," then comes the outrage, the name-calling, the shaming, etc. How dare you refuse our counsel? Don't you realize we're the experts here??

I'm not saying that everybody should think these behaviors like tickling strangers, noncon tickling, etc. are okay. I get that you disapprove and you're more than welcome to. There's things I see people doing that I think are totally fucked up and would never do myself. Collars, ball-gags, and that kind of stuff I find far more dehumanizing than poking a stranger in the ribs. But it's not my place to try and align their code of ethics. The most I'll say about it is that I personally would never do it.

In short, being a Morality Police officer has nothing to do with how you feel about a particular behavior or even offering advice about it. It's about the lengths you go to to stifle others from talking about it.

As one of the more outspoken opponents to the Morality Police and the originator of the phrase, I can tell you it doesn't apply to people offering friendly advice like, "Hey, you might want to be careful tickling strangers, they might react unfavorably." The Morality Police response is more along the lines of, "No wonder women don't post here with creepy motherfuckers like this guy."

With the MP, it's all about shame and condemnation, and the only concern is not for the well-being of the asker, but that any women browsing the forum might see the question and make a decision to not participate...because you know....they're so delicate and fragile.

We're all adults here. We're long past the stage of learning how to play with others. Those like me who tickle strangers on rare occasions know the risks and potential pitfalls, better in fact than those who would warn us of them. But some people, once they get some time in the community and a couple of gatherings under their belt, begin to exhibit an air of superiority, and feel compelled to "teach" those of us who operate a little differently. When we say "thanks for the advice but we'll just continue doing it our way," then comes the outrage, the name-calling, the shaming, etc. How dare you refuse our counsel? Don't you realize we're the experts here??

I'm not saying that everybody should think these behaviors like tickling strangers, noncon tickling, etc. are okay. I get that you disapprove and you're more than welcome to. There's things I see people doing that I think are totally fucked up and would never do myself. Collars, ball-gags, and that kind of stuff I find far more dehumanizing than poking a stranger in the ribs. But it's not my place to try and align their code of ethics. The most I'll say about it is that I personally would never do it.

In short, being a Morality Police officer has nothing to do with how you feel about a particular behavior or even offering advice about it. It's about the lengths you go to to stifle others from talking about it.

Exactly, we're all adults, but when someone speaks out in objection of a topic- insults to us directly start flying and we get even MORE defensive.. it's a cycle and we're not the only ones to blame. You lot fuel the fire just as much. You go to great lengths to stifle any of our opinions and make our points why we dont agree with something invalid....

It takes 2 to tango, that's all I'm saying.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

6/15/2024
If you need to report a post the report button is on its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back