• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Non-tickling General discussion

Wow, great discussion here, and among intelligent people. That's what I like about the TMF, it's far and above any other board I've seen on the entire internet.
I do not want to see the TMF sliced and diced, fragmentized or sanitized.
Leave it alone.
If it becomes 'solely' a place to talk about tickling, it'll be dead in a week.

As for the P&R forum, I side completely with what MrPartickler said in one of Ven's sidelinks.
Enter at your own risk and be prepared to get your feelings hurt. The more passionate and unyeilding you are in your beliefs, the more likely it is that you'll get nailed and go down in flames.
Live and learn. Or don't learn.

TMF Humor and Gen Dis are pearls on the net and must never go away.

TMF is a well-known, successful board, don't mess with it.

P.S., Iggy, good job in this thread, you're up 60 points in my eyes.

Myriads said:
Just wanted to share this from the thread on this topic in P&R.

Humor and GenDis are going no place. When I first posted I was good and cranky, and didn't make the fine but important distinction between the various non-tickling areas on forum. I should have. As many people have said in this thread, Humor and GenDis are different creatures then P&R and I agree with them. Rest easy, they are not going anyplace. My ire and attention is focused on P&R. Sorry if I caused undue concern.

Myriads

Actually Myr, it's refreshing to see you showing two sides. You have a reputation among those who only see your business face as a guy who puts anti-freeze on his breakfast cereal. I think you showing a bit of emotion in these two threads actually made the point stand out. If you're actually pissed enough about something to get visibly wound up, then it must be serious!

I've made a few posts in P&R, and I've read a ton. I can't really for the life of me understand why discussions have to degenerate to name calling.

It's really the old addage come true: "show me a debater making personal attacks, and I'll show you one who has already lost the debate". The "big picture" point here is not winning nor losing.

Of course some issues of religion and/or politics are deeply personal. Here's the thing... I look at the P&R area as a way to get to know people on that more deeply personal level, not as a platform for evangelism, proselytism, or any other rendition of an intellectual or spiritual game of "Red Rover". You're not going to convert people, nor will you be converted if you read someone else's idiology, philosophy, or religiology (how's that for a neologism?) with an open mind for understanding a new perspective. It's simply an avenue for the expansion of horizons. That's the perspective I try to keep anyway.

But, this complete intolerance isn't just prevalent in the P&R forum. Good lord, all we need to do is have some poor unsuspecting soul post about wanting to see his wife tickled, or tickling a prostitute, or tickling someone to the point of peeing, and by the power of the profundity dieties we get to witness 20 posts on how tickling outside of marriage is just *wrong*, prostitutes are the spawn of hell, and anyone who wants to tickle until loss of bladder control should be institutionalized.

Ummm, who do you think really gives a flying orgasmic crap about your opinion of right or wrong? The person posting didn't ask for your opinion, doesn't care about your opinion, doesn't want your opinion... why in the name of holy hell do you feel compelled by some unseen power of idiocy to give it anyway?

Oh, and btw, if you are offended by this post, then a point must have struck home, so feel free to blow it out your arse because I really couldn't possibly care less.

The vast overwhelming majority of people are here for a good time and to enjoy each other's company and do treat everyone with respect. It's just the few squeaky wheels making the noise.

(squeak squeak)

Not succinct, but to the point and funny enough to make me inhale a mouthful of scalding tea. ;)

As a largely irreligious, unpolitical person, I LIKE that the b.s. is segregated into it's own lil' dark, festering corner.

However, if kabitzing the P&R Forum might allow enough bandwidth to resume the goddam "Search"-function, then I'm all for it(provided I am still allowed to post funny pictures of "W" looking like a blithering idiot--they're SOOO easy to find!).:p

Meanwhile, with the exception of this thread, the General Board, at this point in time, has nothing to offer in the way of intelligent discourse. I'm hoping that this is only a passing phase.

Knox The Hatter said:
Meanwhile, with the exception of this thread, the General Board, at this point in time, has nothing to offer in the way of intelligent discourse. I'm hoping that this is only a passing phase.

Knox, define intelligent discourse. Give examples of the type of discussions you would like to see and have.

Jim said:

You have a reputation among those who only see your business face as a guy who puts anti-freeze on his breakfast cereal.

Actully I start my day with a shotglass of cod liver oil and a cup of dry oatmeal.

Myriads

Myriads said:
Actully I start my day with a shotglass of cod liver oil and a cup of dry oatmeal.

Myriads

Not to mention a large quantity of tongue... of the "in-cheek" variety, geezer. ;)

No, I'm quite serious. It's what I start my day with, and have for the last several years. It's good for you.

Myriads

Anything that provokes thought, Ignace, rather than manipulates emotions.

Why don't you tell me what constitutes intelligent discourse for you?

Well, the way I look at it, we should have General Discussion and the P&R forum, if for no other reason than to showcase that a wide diversity of opinions and orientations ticklephiles have. Also, there's more of a sense of community (at least theoretically) if we can know more about each other besides where we're ticklish.

However, that said, there's another dimension to it: The moderators have a right to set limits on how much time and stress they're going to allow this board to tax them of. A board that has a lot of flaming is a board that will make more work for the moderators, and I don't even think the option of an anything-goes policy is realistically available to them. One can deliberate and negotiate over just where the bar should be set, but I can't imagine there not being some limits on what people can say to each other.

And I happen to think there's loads of intelligent discussion on the General Discussion board. I mean, it's not meant to be a graduate seminar, is it? (And I'm speaking as one who has spent plenty of time in graduate seminars.)

Anyway, though, what I'd say to the moderators is, I think General Discussion is a good thing, but if it makes too much work for you to maintain it, I can't fault you for making your own jobs easier. You are, after all, doing it out of the goodness of your hearts to begin with.

Myriads said:
No, I'm quite serious. It's what I start my day with, and have for the last several years. It's good for you.

Myriads

Your capacity to respond to tongue in cheek remarks with total seriousness never fails to dazzle me. :D

What's New

6/15/2024
If you need to report a post the report button is on its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back