• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Poll: Witch Hunter Robin VS. Ergo Proxy

Robin Sena VS. Re-l Mayer: who would win?

• Total voters

Celtic_Emperor

3rd Level White Feather
Which character would win in a fight? Robin Sena, or Re-l Mayer? I think it's an interesting question, if only because they bear many similarities as both characters and in the story they belong in.

I've just finished watching Ergo Proxy, so here's what I think from what I've observed:

Re-l Mayer is obviously in better physical condition. Several times throughout the series we see her execising and working out. We see her do squats, sit-ups, push-ups, and even one-armed push-ups (some people call these military push-ups and others simply call them push-ups).

Anyways, the girl can fight and could probably kick Robin's ass. She also is proficient with the use of firearms (her weopon of choice appears to be a sawed-off shotgun). So, she has a range advantage over Robin, as well as a close combat advantage.

However, half of this is cancelled out by the fact that Robin has supernatural powers and could toast Re-l in a second. In Witch Hunter Robin we see her demostrate her abilities of pyrokenesis, and in future episodes we see her master this ability as well as unlock other various powers, leading up to the revelation of her true powers. Suffice to say, Robin too is able to strike from a distance, but as the show demonstrates, nowhere near as accurately as a firearm (at least until later).

So, in my opinion, it boils down to whether Re-l can close in on Robin or not. Because Robin is expectedly going to be on the defensive unless she can keep a distance between them, Real is expected to be on offense. They say the best defense is a great offense. When I imagine what the surroundings would look like, I imagine that Real has an advantage of confined spaces, whereas Robin benefits from open ground.

Unfortunately, this decision comes based off of bias for the characters and which bias for which character is stronger, and I have to give it to Robin simply off of that. Its already pretty silly to wonder what anime character would pwn another character, when they're all just fictional characters, many of which can do things that aren't physically possible! XD

Maybe Re-l will grow on me yet, and I'll like her as much as I like Robin. There are already things I like about the character...so we'll see.

Last edited:
Hmm, it depends (as always) on what each character has on hand.
Between Robin with her glasses and Re'l with a full load out of weapons - shotgun that she only uses once, pistol and whatever else - it may end up with Re'l winning or a stalemate. Robin shows enough control of her Craft to stop bullets in midair, but never attacks while doing this - presumably it takes too much focus already to stop a bullet, and I can't imagine stopping a shell-load of 12 gauge buckshot will be easy. So Re'l could fire as many bullets as she wants but Robin will stop them. Initial stalemate.
However, after that Robin would probably be too tired to actually attack with her flames, leaving her open to a close range pummeling from Re'l. Re'l wins.
Robin could easily set Re'l on fire pretty quickly, but this will only be a winning attack if she's attacking to kill - a rarity.
I'll probably be amending this soon to make a half decent analysis, as it is now it's 1240 in the morning and I'm half awake :p

Don't worry about it. It was even later in the morning when I posted this (5:57am and I had not gone to bed yet!), so I wasn't nearly as alert and focused as I could have been. Normally, I could be expected to be very indepth and technical, but when your brain is telling you it's tired its time to listen! LOL! XD

I'll have to either go more indepth myself or just work off of what you say later. Although, you've already made good points as it is. I had completely forgotten (at the time) that Robin can stop bullets and such. I must have been really out of it to forget something like that. Ah well. I may have to end up changing my opinion if I give this more thought.

as a total anime-head, I know who you're talking about, though I've yet to see ergo proxy (I really want to, though). I don't know who would win; but I'd love to watch....(Re-I doesn't look like the tickling type though....)

Oh, by the way, when I say "vs" or "fight" I hope I was clear that I was refering to a physical altercation, not tickling. Just to be clear on that. :)

Although I haven't seen either...

I'm wondering if the girl who can stop bullets can also make them fly back towards the other chick.

That would make her pretty hard to beat.

No, Robin cannot do that. What she does is slow them down in midair, and then uses her pyrokenesis to incinerate the bullets as they approach.

oh, okay. I gethcha. In that case, Robin all the way; Re-I is cool and all, but Robin can light shit on fire! But then again, Re-I is fairly crafty, she might get a bullet or two in Robin.

Yeah, I think I may be spelling her name wrong. I think it's Re'l, not Re-l. The only reason I've been spelling it a Re-l is because thats what wikipedia is saying her name is, so I'm going based on that, since Wikipedia is usually a reliable source for anime information.

I'm not sure about Re'l being the right way to spell her name either, though. In the anime, that is, in the subtitles, it's spelt Real and when her name is spoken it sounds like "real". That should be conclusive enough, but the problem with that now is that japanese subtitles are often screwy the first time around before they're editted for a final dvd release, so even in japanese the accuracy of the subtitles may be off.

For now I'll just go with Re'l, since having a "-" in a name isn't normal, and Real is an actual word, not a name. Although, if her name really is Real Mayer, I can see how that makes since to the plot, but its still not worth the confusion and they should have made it more clear.

Well, I looked into a bit further and it appears Re-l really is her name. Real is still used in the subtitles though, and Rel was used in the earlier episode subtitles.

Sorry Vlad, I would vote but two things prevent me so. I don't have any background on the subject despite what you have provided and i'm just tired of seeing Vs threads on every single board out there.

Well, you don't have to vote...or post either. :p

If there is a huge pool of versus threads out there, I actually haven't seen many of them personally, so I cannot say I'm tired of them. Of the ones I have seen, noone cared to give any reason why they think so and so would win, they just choose that character because it's their favorite.

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back