• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Sayings about laughter

JoBelle

3rd Level Orange Feather
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.--Mark Twain (The Mysterious Stranger)

A good laugh is sunshine in the house.--William Makepeace Thackeray

His laughter ... sparkled like a splash of water in sunlight.--Jospeh Lelyveld ("V. S. Pritchard, in Step With the Years, Writes On" in New York Times, Dec. 16, 1985)

The human race has only one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.--Mark Twain

Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?--USA Today

Humor is that which most efficiently recognizes that we are living in an imperfect world, with imperfect arguments and things that are insane, illogical, and irrational. And the only way we can live with that fact is to laugh.--J. Barsoux

If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it.--Erma Bombeck

If you lose the power to laugh, you lose the power to think.--Clarence Darrow

Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion . . . . I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward.--Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Laughter is not at all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is far the best ending for one.--Oscar Wilde

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face. --Victor Hugo

Laughter is wine for the soul--laugh soft, or loud and deep, tinged through with seriousness. Comedy and tragedy step through life together, arm in arm... Once we can laugh, we can live.--Sean O'Casey

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.--e. e. cummings

A person who can bring the spirit of laughter into a room is indeed blessed.--Bennett Cerf

She knew what all smart women knew: Laughter made you live better and longer.--Gail Parent

Something special happens when people laugh together over something genuinely funny, and not hurtful to anyone. It's like a magic rain that showers down feelings of comfort, safety and belonging to a group.--Mary Jane Belfie

The sound of laughter is like the vaulted dome of a temple of happiness.--Milan Kundera (LOVE THIS ONE~)

There are some things so serious you have to laugh at them.--Niels Bohr

Those who don't know how to weep with their whole heart, don't know how to laugh either.--Golda Meir

To make mistakes is human; to stumble is commonplace; to be able to laugh at yourself is maturity. --William A. Ward

Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfful to seek other than itself.--Kahlil Gibran (Sand and Foam)

You cannot hold back a good laugh any more than you can the tide. Both are forces of nature.--William Rotsler

All cool, but at the mo', I'm diggin' this one best....

I've always thought a big laugh
is a really loud noise
from the soul saying
"Ain't that the truth."--Quincy Jones

Know any good ones??
Joby

JoBelle said:

To make mistakes is human; to stumble is commonplace; to be able to laugh at yourself is maturity. --William A. Ward

That makes me the most mature human being in existence then. Mind you, there's not much of me to NOT laugh at is there?:( :confused: :D

Those are great quotes, especially your fave. I also love daisycrazy5496's sig line:

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
- Victor Borge

TC! You're right, that one is good! Thanks for sharin'!

Jimbo? Silliness! I happen to know there is a pretty serious side to the fella we see here. SO NEENER! :p

Joby

JoBelle said:
Jimbo? Silliness! I happen to know there is a pretty serious side to the fella we see here. SO NEENER! :p
Joby

Indeed you're right Jo. Serious to the point of strangeness sometimes.

Doesn't anyone read Shakespeare?

In "The Merchant of Venice," Shylock says, "...if you tickle us, do we not laugh?..." Here's a link: http://www.bartleby.com/70/1931.html
If you have trouble finding it, go down about halfway, it's to the left and above the 24 on the right side.

Laughter is a sign of evil in the soul. It's from the devil. It makes one look like a monkey. It lends itself to debochery and sin. (or something to that effect.........paraphrased from "The Name of the Rose")

Hey! You didn't say we had to AGREE! lol This is but one example of people feeling threatened by the release that alughter lends to us. As for me? I say live, laugh and love...all at the same time! I consider laughter one of the greatest gifts we have. That goes double when we can laugh at ourselves. It's taking ourselves too seriously that gets us into trouble.

So, next time those lovely trolls attack you in chat (here or elsewhere), or someone puts you down in real life...just turn it into a joke and laugh at it. Cause ya know what? It just doesn't matter. WE know who and what we are. It doesn't matter what they think.

Ann

Ann....

AMEN GIRL...AMEN!

;) Joby...nodding and pointing at Ann saying, "What she said! What she said!"

What's New

5/22/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for more tickling clips of all sorts then anyplace else!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back