• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Suicide, what keeping you from offing yourself? (Morbid)

the wiz

2nd Level Red Feather
NOT SAYING I’M GOING TO DO IT!! (ANYTIME SOON)

I was wondering, what is keeping you from committing suicide? Me, it’s my son. What is holding you back from just saying fuck it, it’s not worth the pain and hearth ache. What is keeping you from ending it all?

I would hope that most people are happy enough that they don't need one thing to keep them from doing it. I hope that for most people on here the thought doesn't even cross their minds.

Even though you say you aren't going to, you clearly are having said thoughts and should seek out help. Whether it just be a listening ear (which I have two of) or advice from a professional, I think you need it.

I would hope that most people are happy enough that they don't need one thing to keep them from doing it. I hope that for most people on here the thought doesn't even cross their minds.

Even though you say you aren't going to, you clearly are having said thoughts and should seek out help. Whether it just be a listening ear (which I have two of) or advice from a professional, I think you need it.

It crosses my mind, just thought I'd ruin your hopes of no one on this forum having thoughts of suicide.

What's keeping me from doing it is that I've had people I care about commit suicide so I know how it feels to lose someone like that and I'd hate to put my family through that. Sometimes suicide can be worse than if someone dies of natural causes or of accidents or whatever. Because the people left alive often have thoughts like "What could I have done to stop him / her from doing it." And they blame themselves for not seeing it sooner and getting the person help and I'd hate to have to put people through that knowing what it's like.

And I'm a little scared of dying.

I am intoxicated, so please don’t take this the wrong way. There isn’t a professional therapist alive that can some anyone from offing themselves it they really want to. Like wise, there isn’t a priest, nun, alter boy, mother, father, sister, brother, dog or cat. That can stop anyone from offing themselves.

I believe that people are untruthful when they said they never truly thought about offing themselves at last once in their live. Or, pretend that they are the reincarnation of the care bears.

Either way, your suggestion has already been tried and failed. Therapists are only interested in helping you as long as you can afford to see them. Priest, pastors and other religious people are only interested in helping you if you submit to their believes. Which I’m will not do or cannot do either.

It crosses my mind, just thought I'd ruin your hopes of no one on this forum having thoughts of suicide.

What's keeping me from doing it is that I've had people I care about commit suicide so I know how it feels to lose someone like that and I'd hate to put my family through that. Sometimes suicide can be worse than if someone dies of natural causes or of accidents or whatever. Because the people left alive often have thoughts like "What could I ha
ve​
done to stop him / her from doing it." And they blame themselves for not seeing it sooner and getting the person help and I'd hate to have to put people through that knowing what it's like.

And I'm a little scared of dying.

thank you for your honesty

I am intoxicated, so please don’t take this the wrong way. There isn’t a professional therapist alive that can some anyone from offing themselves it they really want to. Like wise, there isn’t a priest, nun, alter boy, mother, father, sister, brother, dog or cat. That can stop anyone from offing themselves.

I believe that people are untruthful when they said they never truly thought about offing themselves at last once in their live. Or, pretend that they are the reincarnation of the care bears.

Either way, your suggestion has already been tried and failed. Therapists are only interested in helping you as long as you can afford to see them. Priest, pastors and other religious people are only interested in helping you if you submit to their believes. Which I’m will not do or cannot do either.

Even though you were nice and thanked me for my honest, I feel the need to disagree with you just like you disagreed with Tropic. I do believe that you can help someone considering suicide, and even if you can't, that shouldn't stop someone from trying. Sometimes people considering suicide just want a friend. They don't have to go and seek help from some psychologist. Sometimes they just feel a lone and like there is no other way out. There are times when you can talk them out of it. They might still find away to do it, but I don't think saying that always happens, if they want to commit suicide, they'll do it no matter what. Not always the case.

And about preists, they don't always talk to people about their problems only if they're willing to convert. They might hope that they decide to convert because of the preist trying to help them through but they don't always help people just because they convert. There are priests in hospitals that'll come to help people that are dying, it doesn't matter if they're catholic, they just try to make the person feel good before dying, whether they convert or not.

as you said,i respect your opinion, i don't agree with it.

I believe, if you can talk someone out of committing suicide, they didn't want to do it in the first place. Most people talks about it because they wants to know where they stands in their loves ones. lives. Most people who want to do it will make sure you never see it coming.

true there are signs you can look for; but, before it resister with you, it may already be too late.

as for religion, I will say that for another thread.

Even though you were nice and thanked me for my honest, I feel the need to disagree with you just like you disagreed with Tropic. I do believe that you can help someone considering suicide, and even if you can't, that shouldn't stop someone from trying. Sometimes people considering suicide just want a friend. They don't have to go and seek help from some psychologist. Sometimes they just feel a lone and like there is no other way out. There are times when you can talk them out of it. They might still find away to do it, but I don't think saying that always happens, if they want to commit suicide, they'll do it no matter what. Not always the case.

And about preists, they don't always talk to people about their problems only if they're willing to convert. They might hope that they decide to convert because of the preist trying to help them through but they don't always help people just because they convert. There are priests in hospitals that'll come to help people that are dying, it doesn't matter if they're catholic, they just try to make the person feel good before dying, whether they convert or not.

I have love for too many people in my circle so I wouldn't want to put any of them through such a traumatic ordeal. Besides that I like a challenge and what's the greatest challenge of all?... LIFE lol

I have love for too many people in my circle so I wouldn't want to put any of them through such a traumatic ordeal. Besides that I like a challenge and what's the greatest challenge of all?... LIFE lol

Well played:clap::clap::clap:

and the shittiest thing ever said award goes to...

hooray-zoidberg.jpg

I won an award!

:woot:

At the end of the day, I'm just too damned curious. YEARS ago, I had moments of depression and even occasional suicidal thoughts, but I knew I'd miss so much by taking an abrupt exit... At this point, I'm rather determined to stick around to watch the heat death of the universe. Which I'm told may be a while.

I think this is a very interesting topic for discussion, a question I asked myself a lot some years ago, in the end I said to myself one day "If I can live long enough to be a burden on someone else, I'll die a happy man." Until such a time, I'm not satisfied that I've rubbed enough people up the wrong way.

I love life, in all it's joy and sorrow. I could never consider ending it. How utterly boring would that be?

There's a long period where I wanted to. But I don't want to get into that, instead I'll state how my mind changed.

1) Selfish. You gotta catch your thought process. To think that nobody will care is bullshit. To think that people will get over it, is stupid. Some people can get over a death with time, but it affects peoples lives, and can make permanent negative changes to many. Even if it's not many, you could ruin a few lives by your own choices. Even if you feel powerless, you do have the ability to affect other people. Even if a person has a low self opinion, it's not necessarily the opinion that others have for you. It's selfish to create such an affect on the ones around you.

2) Just because a person is stuck in a state in life, doesn't mean that state is never-ending. Things change, life changes. It evolves, moves, and grows. There's always a new experience to try, a new smell, a new site, new people, new philosophies. LIFE IS A PROCESS OF CHANGE. I always thought the phrase "building from the ground up", was kind of lame. But it applies. You can hit rock bottom, and keep digging. But just as much as you can dig down, you can also build up. Life is like a rollercoaster, once you go through the thrill and anxiety of falling, you have the anticipation of rising up again.

3) One of the things that solidified my developed point of view, was when a friend of mine died. What I felt I wish on noone. And to see the affect it had on so many other people, I could never do that.

And to combat that "pussy" comment. It's not a pussy move it's just an alternate route. The state of mind it takes for someone to actually seriously consider it, is deep and thoughtful. People don't just get up one day and decide, hey my life sucks, so I'm going to put a gun to my head. The decision is a process. One that I no longer agree with.

^ From the mouths of babes..............

I applaud you, Miss Lamashtu.

Although I can admit to having had thoughts of it at times in my life, including recently, with fears of my mom's situation. Several things.

First, my mom. I love her too much, and she's been too devoted to me, for me to do that to her. Doing so would be a selfish and cruel act on my part, especially now that she has cancer, and I have to take care of her.

Second, I have a fear of death. I've always had a fear of death, since I was very young, so it isn't likely I would do it.

Third, hope for the future. Even though things are very difficult in my life now, I have hopes and prayers for the new doctor in NJ to extend my mom's life greatly, so she can enjoy some more life, and so I can enjoy life with her. I also have hope to one day have a wife and kids.

Fourth, I wouldnt want to give my father the satisfaction of having me kill myself. Oh, he would put on a good show at my funeral for all his friends and relatives, crying crocodile tears, but, inside, he would love it, feeling I "Got mine" ,because I didn't suck his and his familes asses unconditionally. I would rather stay on this earth, fight to have a life, and hopefully, one day, make it so that he pays for his crimes, legally. If I kill myself, he gets off scot free, and can then say to the world. "See, Mitch was so fucked up, and Sheila fucked him up so badly, that he killed himself". No. If I kill myself, and God Forbid my mom dies, the two people he hates the worst in the world are then gone, and he is the "winner" of his sick war, and he can think "Ha, Sheila and Mitchell are both dead, I have Sheila's alimony money back so I can live bigger with my whore, and they both got the ultimate punishment". As long as I'm around, he cant think that.

I'm sure there are other reasons, but those are my top ones.

Mitch

I've certainly had times in my life when I just wanted to end it all. Life does get really rough sometimes and I've wanted to just be done with it before. Obviously it didn't go further than thinking about it because I'm still here. I think it were a few reasons for me as to why I couldn't/can't go through with it.

One being that I've lost people who have ended their life. I knew three people last year who ended their lives, two of them being dear friends. The feelings and thoughts and grief (and certainly anger) that these people left behind - they'll never even begin to comprehend what their actions did. Of course, they weren't thinking about it at the time and needed help but nobody knew that. Two of those suicides came as an utter and complete shock. Apparently my friend Dana quit her job one day, drove to the local park, called authorities to tell them what she was about to do, left her wallet and ID out on the bench so she could be identified and blew her head off. My other friend and I were talking on the phone two days before Christmas (she was having issues with her girlfriend) and we ended the phone call on what I thought was a good note. She seemed to have a new look on life and I remember feeling really good that she was doing better. The next afternoon, her mother found her - she ended up hanging herself using her bedroom door and a belt somehow. Of course I was in shock when they did this and was really, really confused. And angry. Nobody knew what to do or think and now I understand when people used to say that suicide is a selfish way to go. It makes sense, considering all of the feelings of those left behind. Granted, some people are in such a mindset where they won't/can't understand what kind of effect their actions will have on their loved ones but going through that last year, it certainly scared me away from ever thinking about that again. I still wonder if I somehow missed signs of how sick they really were and looking back, I can't see it and it's tough to deal with at times. Sometimes I feel like I should have done more. A lot of our friends feel that way too.

I've seen the torment and suffering of their familes and the questions and I can't ever picturing doing that to my family. I love them way more than my life can ever suck.

And life can really suck ass sometimes but that's just life. Life can also be absolutely wonderful at times and I'm looking forward to more of those wonderful moments. One thing about going through so many awful times in the last few years, I really feel like I can tackle pretty much anything that comes my way. Life vs. me? I win.

Everyone dies someday. But why would I want to completely remove the buildup?

And to combat that "pussy" comment. It's not a pussy move it's just an alternate route. The state of mind it takes for someone to actually seriously consider it, is deep and thoughtful. People don't just get up one day and decide, hey my life sucks, so I'm going to put a gun to my head. The decision is a process. One that I no longer agree with.

Suicide is the cowards way out.

No matter the person, it is so easy to give yourself a reasons to live, whatever it is, even if your life sucks.

For example: One could live to spite others. Not a great thing to do, but hey, better than killing yourself. Maybe start collecting things... I don't know, stamps? Travel the world/continent (one not need be rich to hitch hike). Just DO something other than wallow in despair.

In my estimation, suicide is undertaken by those without perspective or with an inward perspective. Such people need only to take a look around to see how good they've got it.

Everyday: Animals are killed [for food consumption]. Brave Soldiers die in combat, sometimes civilians, too. A child is stillborn, aborted or otherwise does not get a chance to live a life. Impoverished people, old and young alike and many of them good, often die with only hopes and dreams. Disease, famine, rape... And that's just a tip of the iceberg.

I really don't see why anyone (especially in a non third world country) could find a legitimate reason to off themselves. Their lives are better than millions (if not billions) of others each and every day and most likely better than anyone and everyone from 50 years ago or more.

I'm not trying to be an asshole by stating my very blunt opinion, I just fail to see how one can call suicide anything but a selfish and cowardly act.

So call me an asshole (and you'd probably be right to do so), but suicide is for chumps.

v/r

Fourth, I wouldnt want to give my father the satisfaction of having me kill myself. Oh, he would put on a good show at my funeral for all his friends and relatives, crying crocodile tears, but, inside, he would love it, feeling I "Got mine" ,because I didn't suck his and his familes asses unconditionally. I would rather stay on this earth, fight to have a life, and hopefully, one day, make it so that he pays for his crimes, legally. If I kill myself, he gets off scot free, and can then say to the world.

Mitch

See, like this.

That's a great reason. Seriously. :goodjob:

It's so easy to find an alternative to suicide and this one is stellar.

Suicide is the cowards way out.

No matter the person, it is so easy to give yourself a reasons to live, whatever it is, even if your life sucks.

For example: One could live to spite others. Not a great thing to do, but hey, better than killing yourself. Maybe start collecting things... I don't know, stamps? Travel the world/continent (one not need be rich to hitch hike). Just DO something other than wallow in despair.

In my estimation, suicide is undertaken by those without perspective or with an inward perspective. Such people need only to take a look around to see how good they've got it.

Everyday: Animals are killed [for food consumption]. Brave Soldiers die in combat, sometimes civilians, too. A child is stillborn, aborted or otherwise does not get a chance to live a life. Impoverished people, old and young alike and many of them good, often die with only hopes and dreams. Disease, famine, rape... And that's just a tip of the iceberg.

I really don't see why anyone (especially in a non third world country) could find a legitimate reason to off themselves. Their lives are better than millions (if not billions) of others each and every day and most likely better than anyone and everyone from 50 years ago or more.

I'm not trying to be an asshole by stating my very blunt opinion, I just fail to see how one can call suicide anything but a selfish and cowardly act.

So call me an asshole (and you'd probably be right to do so), but suicide is for chumps.

v/r

Yeah, I agree that it's kind of a cowardly way to end things. One time one of my friends was complaining about her friend killing himself and she said that she wishes she was as brave as him. I bassically told her something like. "It's not brave to kill yourself" or "What's so brave about killing yourself?" Or somethingl ike that and she got pissed off at me. But it's true. It's more brave to struggle through life and try to survive it. I don't see the brave part of killing yourself.

Two things:

Actually dying.
How it would make friends and family feel.

I would rather just go to sleep forever and not realize I was going to die, then to actually do it myself.

I've thought about suicide, but it's just not something I have the balls to go through with, since I have a deep-seeded fear of death.

What's New

6/16/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT,. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back