• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

tell the truth or lie to potential employer

wiz314

TMF Novice
Scenario
You worked for a company for a decade; however, it was the worst period of your life. The job ended with you going out of medical leave afterward you file a grievance against the company with EEOC.

Before your return to work, the company decided they do not want you back; so, they asked for your letter of resignation you refused to give it to them. They place you on administrative leave until they make a decision on what to do with you.

Before a decision is made you have an interview with a top company. They want letters of recommendation from your immediate supervisor for one. However, that supervisor is one of the people on your complaint.

What would you do?

Do you have any friends left at the company? Any of them in management? Maybe you can get a letter of recommendation from one of them. Other than that, I'm not sure what to do without fessing up. And you know if you fess up you won't get the job.

Unfortunately in this economy it's an employer's market and they have no problem letting you know. I hope you find a way to get this job and if I can come up with anything else that may help you I'll let you know.

Good luck.

I'd get a letter from a supervisor that actually like you or at least your work. They never asked for the conditions of your separation so I wouldn't mention it.....yet. Typically the letter speaks for itself or they might contact the individual to clarify some things in the letter. For that reason make sure the letter is thorough! Answer these key questions and look for more on the web:

1) Would you hire this person again? (this is a big one!!!)
2) What was it like working with this person?
3) In what capacity did you two work together?
4) Team player?
5) Trainable?
6) Why did you get rid of someone you liked!? (another big one)
7) Why should we hire this person?

ect ect ect

When I write my letter of recs I always start by saying what a joy and an honor it is to write a letter of rec for such a promising former employee. I'll even include sometimes that I regret losing the individual but (x) was always destined for greater responsibility ect. Make it sound as intimate as possible.

Also...I tend to write my letter of recs from scratch for MY employees. I simply ask them for key details...due dates, company name, hobbies ect. But when the letter of rec is for ME I tend to write it out myself because the old boss tends to be busy. Usually they just sign it or tweak it here and there...and thats that.

Oh...if your new job has any sort of security clearance i'd fully disclose everything to the investigators in charge of granting clearances.

I also strongly suggest you get a former supervisor that is aware of your EEOC claim and can back you up with your new employer.

Good luck man

GQ

If they're trying to get you to resign, wouldn't it be in their interest to help you? If you get another job, you'd leave without a fuss, no?

Common sense and morals is not something this company suffer from.

Common sense and morals is not something this company suffer from.

Use that to your advantage. See if they would trade a letter of recommendation for a letter of resignation from you, quid pro quo.

Use that to your advantage. See if they would trade a letter of recommendation for a letter of resignation from you, quid pro quo.

Sounds like the best suggestion. Would you trust them to keep up their end of the bargain though? What's in it for them - is your leaving more important to them than just being shitty for the sake of it?
If they hate you personally, then it's risky. If you're a relatively faceless employee, then give that a go.

Unless you know anyone in either a supervisor position, or at least in human resources, that you are on decent terms with at your current company you are in a tight bind. Your current boss will not likely give you a letter of recommendation if you have filed complaints against him. I'm not sure if he is allowed to refuse to write you a letter, but if he can, there is a good chance he will not write one for you.

What's New

6/16/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT,. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back