• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Three Voter's Issues

Political Climate; Summer 2004

• I'm PRO-Abortion, PRO-Guns, PRO-Same-Sex-Marriage

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • I'm PRO-Abortion, PRO-Guns, ANTI-Same-Sex-Marriage

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • I'm PRO-Abortion, ANTI-Guns, PRO-Same-Sex-Marriage

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • I'm PRO-Abortion, ANTI-Guns, ANTI-Same-Sex-Marriage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm ANTI-Abortion, PRO-Guns, PRO-Same-Sex-Marriage

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I'm ANTI-Abortion, PRO-Guns, ANTI-Same-Sex-Marriage

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I'm ANTI-Abortion, ANTI-Guns, PRO-Same-Sex-Marriage

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • I'm ANTI-Abortion, ANTI-Guns, ANTI-Same-Sex-Marriage

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

P50

TMF Expert
What is your stand on Abortion, Guns, And Same Sex Marriage ?

I would question the language of your poll. I really don't think anyone is actually "pro-abortion"; many people, however, support an individual's right to choose it. It sounds like nitpicking, I know, but there is a difference.

I agree with Xod. I picked pro everything on your poll. I support a woman's right to choose, but I dont think abortion should be used as a form of birth control. I think if an accidental pregnancy occurs, a person should not be forced to have the baby.
As for guns, Iam in agreement with the constitution and the citizens right to bear arms. I'm not saying people should walk around with them in the street, but in one's home for protection, that is a personal choice.
Iam pro same sex marriage. If two people love each other, no matter whether gay or straight, they should have the same right to marry and the same benefits. I dont think the government has a right to sanction someone's right to marry a partner they love, be it a straight union or gay one.

So, those are my positions on the issues P listed. I know Iam a "liberal", and that is why I will be voting for John Kerry in November, for these reasons as well as countless other ones.

Mitch

I am definitely in agreement with the Constitution on the issue of guns. The Constitution says, "A well-regulated militia being necessary to the preservation of a free society, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." The words "regulated" and "militia" are in the first breath. The Constitution says nothing about private ownership of firearms. I believe the founding fathers did have a citizen militia in mind, but this was in 1787, before there were street lights, much less police forces.

Let me give acknowledgement of the possible over-generalization to Xod and Mitch; hey, I'm doing the best I can to try to get three ideas quantified with the tool available.

I was wondering if any patterns would emerge, and I'm just not the statistical or political expert to really read anything into these numbers at all. I tried rearranging these data into three different groups, and still I came up with little or nothing of meaning.

Okay, so my test failed; or maybe I just can't read data in a meaningful way.

Anyway, if anyone else can make anything of this, here are the data for about a three week run of this poll with 20 votes cast; presented in three different groupings...

(Apologies for the spaced out extra line feeds; I couldn't figure out what's going on with that.)

<PRE>
------------------------------------------------------------

ANTI-Abortion, ANTI-Guns, ANTI-Same-Sex-Marriage 3 15.00%
ANTI-Abortion, ANTI-Guns, PRO-Same-Sex-Marriage 1 5.00%
ANTI-Abortion, PRO-Guns, ANTI-Same-Sex-Marriage 1 5.00%
ANTI-Abortion, PRO-Guns, PRO-Same-Sex-Marriage 1 5.00%

PRO-Abortion, ANTI-Guns, ANTI-Same-Sex-Marriage 0 0%
PRO-Abortion, ANTI-Guns, PRO-Same-Sex-Marriage 6 30.00%
PRO-Abortion, PRO-Guns, ANTI-Same-Sex-Marriage 4 20.00%
PRO-Abortion, PRO-Guns, PRO-Same-Sex-Marriage 4 20.00%

</PRE>

My only prediction upon seeing the 8 categories was that pro-abortion voters would largely also be pro-same-sex-marriage, and vice versa.

In fact, 11 of the 15 pro-abortion people are pro-ssm, and 11 of the 13 pro-ssm people are pro-abortion. No surprise for me. :D

My own vote was pro-abortion, pro-guns, pro-ssm.

I can't really pick one of the official choices because the pro-abortion item is indeed too black-or-white. Women have the right to choose, but this shouldn't be abused. There are some situations in which I think it should be allowed, but otherwise there are many grey areas. Still, while I totally agree that abortion shouldn't be used as birth control (man, what a scary thought), I think I lean more towards pro- than anti-.

As for the other two issues, that's very easy, or at least is it for me. I'm totally ANTI-gun, that's for sure. To me it's not a question of a citizen's rights or the Constitution. It's a question of people getting killed for no good reason, by accident more often than not. Dangerous, unreliable things, guns are. But that's just my opinion.

I'm totally PRO-same-sex-marriage. It's a matter of respecting people's liberties and, well, people. An aspect of a person's life is different from mine? That person is a human being, and this difference doesn't harm or threaten me in any way. So what's the big deal? He or she should be able to do anything that I can do. Why it's even an issue in this day and age is beyond me.

I am anti-abortion, but I'm not gonna go pipe-bomb a Planned Parenthood or stand on the corner of a school holding a picture of a dead baby. I just know that I could never kill my own child. I can't control other peoples' decisions about when "life" begins. There is always grey area. For instance: I've never been raped. I don't know what I would do. I imagine I'd give it up for adoption and it is arguable that that is just as bad.

I don't like violence. I hate Charleton Heston. He is Satan's Spawn.

I'm ABSOLUTELY Pro Same Sex Marriage. I think it's ridiculous to try to put governmental control on monogomous love. Course I'm a big ol' lesbo, but hey. I just think Bush is such a f*ckhead about this. It's unconstitutional to deny some people those rights. Plain and simple.

Mwah!
-Bell :cool2:

You can still support another's right to make their own choices about abortion, even if it is something you would never choose for yourself. I know I do.

What's New

4/29/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums to see who is meeting when and where!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back