• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickling, feet, laughter and tears in equal portions

Status
Not open for further replies.

grippedchimp

2nd Level Yellow Feather
Here's a little mixed update of pictures here today. Since I had a good week without anything to do until my new job, I took the time to get through as much art as possible. Lo and behold, I managed to finish this little update ahead of schedule. These include a couple of overdue pictures I needed to have done. Enjoy them!

A prequel to the previous Deanna pic. The smell is enough to tempt anyone!

Madamé Pedriania proves Lollypop really is a tasty little thing

B and Selis gives a little tip to cheer a sad person like Rosa up

Halle Berry doesn't have anything on the Poisonous Monkey!

As some of you know already, I'll be on a summer job for 8 weeks, and will be away from my PC for most of that period what with me living away from my folks for that time. This means I will do minimal, if not no CG art over most of the summer. Mind you, I may be opening a Deviant Art account to host some pencil sketches of probably irreverent humour in the meantime.

I do however, have the next update planned. It's gonna feature two new girls. You're probably thinking I've way too many in my art already, but past girls may be leaving or reshuffled in the art. I'll explain some time later. Anyways, as a preview to the update, I have two concept sketches of the two girls. Their looks may be altered slightly, and they will be named in the update.

The Anglo-Asian rock fan
The punk sexbomb

Hope you enjoy the update, and tell what you think of the new girls...

Poisonous Monkey

Wonderful update Chimp, glad to see that you're still updating in batches. I noticed that you brought back that "stink lines" in your pre-qual to Deanna's pic. I also like your rendition of Lollypop. Keep up the superb work and congradulations once agin on your TMF award:D

Nice update. Good variety.

As for the girls, they look ok. The only issue I've ever had with your characters (more about them than your art) is that it seems they all look the same, but with different clothes, skin colors, and names (and no its not because anime can be like that). It just seems you've created more characters than you need or that you'll ever need to use. Since they were created for apparently only one purpose then they don't seem very original, unique or have a need for a backstory or bio.

Nothing much changes from character to character and I always see the same reoccuring themes, especially with the hair and the choice of clothing. This is an observation I have conducted for a long time, since I've known you. In fact, its more an observation than it is a critique. In fact, its not a critique either, because I'm not picking out things that stand out and commenting on them in any sort of detail. I'm just giving you a review of a year or mores accessment. I hope you don't mind that as I've never done it before and aren't likely to do it again, at least not in a while. :)

But to balance this, it is to your credit that you actually use each and every one of them somehow. You don't let an ounce of your talent go to waste, and I respect that. Some people would say 'to hell with it' and just try and dust it under the rug, so they don't have to deal with it later or make use of the creations they perhaps have no interest in any longer.

Yeah, you like them. I like them too. Thats what everyone is going to say. I can't bring myself to say just the pleasantries and regurgitate those words when there are other things to be said about it as well, things that it seems no one but myself is brave enough to come out and say. I'm not afraid to say it like you all are apparently. You're worried about hurting his feelings (and if he's secure enough his feelings won't be hurt) and making yourselves look good by saying nice things, and because he's a 'veteran' who coincidentally has won an award for 'best' artist, and if that keeps you from telling the truth, then what good is it? In wanting our opinion he wants to hear whatever we have to say. If thats not true then he can't say he doesn't want our opinion, at least our honest one. I'm assuming he wants the truth, and the truth he will get from me, always. This isn't bad, this is good.

Its at times like these that people like me are grossly misunderstood and branded as mean or cruel, when thats far from the truth. The only reason it would seem that way is because I'm the only one saying it, but I'm not the only one thinking it. So its easier to antagonize me directly. And as an artist, I naturally have more words to offer him than a fan does. Theres that conditioning again, and if I get any heat for these few posts then I'll know nothing here is ever going to change for the better and that some people here are simply not tolerant at all of other people's legimate opinions. I'll always be contradicted and my opinions will always be scorned.

Being honest is a crime apparently.

Last edited:
Great work as usual Chimp! But you got my hopes up with the Halle Berry thing. I was hoping you had done one of her!

Well, I didn't say there was anything wrong with you stating what you see.

I merely stated my impression from what I saw. I haven't payed as much attention to detail I suppose as you have. But constructive criticism is usually appreciated regardless. However, if anything you caught everything..

Oh, its nothing against you FF7. I merely made that second post in prepartion that people might call me on the first. It happens every time, so I might as well get it out of the way. I simply don't have the faith that some people here can behave and treat my opinions with the same level of respect as everyone else's. Perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprized, but I doubt it...

Nice job with the update Chimp! I see you're getting better and better coloring them with the computer all the time! Keep up the great work! (congratulations, btw)

Very cute pics Chimp. I think my fav is the second one. Nice job.

Wow, 11 replies in only a few hours in the art forum. I guess people really do feel ways about stuff.

Anyway, I liked alot of the update. THe upperbody one and the last onewere still my favorites, but It's all good.

I never know what to say what I hate about people's art cause I can't do it myself. I still can't draw a tree, so.....what am I supposed to say when I don't hate something, but I like it, that "I hate your art, but it's good"?

Well, quite a good amount of varied feedback. Time for me to send in my replies...

Kahoshiden: I haven't gone back to the stink lines again, so perhaps the Deanna pic is an unintentional parody of what I used to do... then again, it's just a prequel.

FF7, Falcon: Glad you like the new ladies. I've got something in store for them already.

moonknight: Heh, you wish!

a1532b: You think so? Not sure about that, but I never notice these things!

Tomato, iggy: Cheers lads!

orange: I think you've just bamboozled yourself there, love. Thanks anyway!

Celtic_Emperor: ..........I've a bone to pick with you, sunshine. And it ain't the first time.

First off, my characters definitely do not look the same. If you claim that you've paid particular attention to my art, then you've obviously looked beyond the varied eyes, nose and lips between them. I think the clothes, skin colour, names and hair are just about enough to distinguish who's who. If you have to say, you may as well apply that to EVERYONE who contributes art here. Yourself included. Long-time followers of my work know each of their personalities well enough. I've been constructing profiles on the ladies, and will continue to do so during my 8-week working period. I want to put new girls in my art because I want to keep the amount of people tickled in my art varied. And as for occuring themes? Well, this is a tickling forum, and since you hate tickling fetishes, you're a fish out of water since you don't draw enough tickling here.

Obviously you didn't make "constructive criticism". You've pissed me off once again, sometimes I think I shouldn't even bother putting out any new art anymore. And don't try to write an essay-worthy reply here. Fait accomplis is boring. Oh yeah, the reason why people don't respect some of your opinions is because yours come across as arrogant, pompous, and lacking in respect and encouragement. No offence.

And yes, I am being honest. Guilty as charged, m'laud...

Glad you like the new ladies. I've got something in store for them already.

I look forward to what you are planning for them. :D I imagine it will be most interesting to see.

:D Great update, GC! I liked the backgrounds. The last one was very funny. :D

grippedchimp said:

Celtic_Emperor: ..........I've a bone to pick with you, sunshine. And it ain't the first time.

First off, my characters definitely do not look the same. If you claim that you've paid particular attention to my art, then you've obviously looked beyond the varied eyes, nose and lips between them. I think the clothes, skin colour, names and hair are just about enough to distinguish who's who. If you have to say, you may as well apply that to EVERYONE who contributes art here. Yourself included. Long-time followers of my work know each of their personalities well enough. I've been constructing profiles on the ladies, and will continue to do so during my 8-week working period. I want to put new girls in my art because I want to keep the amount of people tickled in my art varied. And as for occuring themes? Well, this is a tickling forum, and since you hate tickling fetishes, you're a fish out of water since you don't draw enough tickling here.

Obviously you didn't make "constructive criticism". You've pissed me off once again, sometimes I think I shouldn't even bother putting out any new art anymore. And don't try to write an essay-worthy reply here. Fait accomplis is boring. Oh yeah, the reason why people don't respect some of your opinions is because yours come across as arrogant, pompous, and lacking in respect and encouragement. No offence.

I simply disagree. All of your characters look the same. The styles you use for each of them is very repetitive. If you can't accept that and deal with it in a positive manner, then perhaps you need to refer to Dave's sticky about the decorum of constructive criticism and what he says about people in your situation. I can't offer you any help for two reasons- 1. You wouldn't take it, and 2. You're too set in your ways to change anything about what you do. In other words, you aren't as impressionable as other newer folks might be and you wouldn't learn anything from me. So I'm left with nothing but giving my opinion, and give it I shall, every time. I'm not going to kiss your ass and I'm not going to say the same things over and over again like everyone else. Clearly my opinion will be as different as your pictures. If one picture looks better than another I'd point that out, as I'm sure anyone else would.

I'm no different than anyone else here. I just believe in being honest. Someone as set in your ways will always feel accosted no matter what I say, thats a proven fact now. And the reason I go out of my way for you and not everyone else is because not everyone else deserves a critique or is at a level where a critique would be appropriate. Its all very much a case by case basis. And you are more or less a 'veteran' whom should be able to handle what I say. The fact you can't is a testament to my having said artists are sometimes conditioned to accept only praise. When they recieve anything negative or contrary to that praise they become vulnerable, and they don't like it. But the truth is, we're all vulnerable. You just have the benefit of having everyone agree with you all the time.

You can argue, defy, yell all you want. That won't change anything. You're old enough to know that.

As for me, I never said I hated anything. Thats a gross misjudgement on your part. Have you actually talked to me privately about it? No. Not many people have, so no one but those people know and anyone that thinks this as you do would be incorrect, despite what I have said or implied. You simply take offense where there is little reason to be offended.

I say your art is redundant and the characters look the same whether they're black, white, or whatever. This isn't something I'm always nitpicking with you. In fact, this is a rare occurance and the first of it's type. Its not like I'm beating it into you with every update. Deal with it and move on. For surely, this is the first time I've said this to you and you take offense to an evaluation. I wonder how you would have reacted had this been an actual critique (something I could have done but chose not to because I knew how you would react). You probably would have blown a casket. You really are a gripped chimp. And as someone of your status here, I'm dissappointed. I thought perhaps you could have handled this better. I guess I was wrong.

Last edited:
grippedchimp said:

Well, I sure am glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way.

Sorry celtic, love your art, hate your arrogance :sowrong:

Great pics as always Gripped, keep it comming :D

My art is a part of myself. How can you deferenciate between something that is part of myself? Its like saying that you love and hate me at the same time.

Discribe arrogant. The fact no one questions me is their own fault. It is they who have made me untouchable, invulnerable, it is they who have made me an exception to the rule. I merely exist here and provide a service. I give an honest opinion of others. If I've ever overstepped a bounds I would have been reprimanded. I have not been, not ever. This is the ruling of the authority here. What is it therefore thats different between what they think and what you think?

Unbiasness. They are called to not know what that is, to turn a blind eye to it. You cannot, will not. You defend him because it's convienient to. You establish a closer bond by making him think you care. You help further perpetuate complacency and conditioning.

That is your right, as this is mine.

A fascinating yet unrelated topic: is art really part of the artist? Or is it just a "by-product" of his inspiration and labour?

Most artists feel their own work infused with deeper significance.

Erudite observers rarely see beyond the pleasing object, and sense its underlying vibrance.

To casual viewers, on a fetish forum, art is mainly a way to reach excitement, and they won't - probably - care for inspiration or techniques.

This doesn't bar artists to do their best to outdo each others in creating something striking and imaginatively composed.

But, ultimately, we should never forget people get excited over a picture, a by-product, not over the painter, the producer.

Confusing art with artist is a gross misunderstanding - and becomes potentially ludicrous when art is also a sexual object.

Oh, once again: congrats to Chimp.

Maybe his characters lack in originality - odd remark from a Manga artist - but they sure won the voters' heart. :)

Reg's.

Art is but a facet of one's self. What is one's self other than the sum of their self awareness? If I will a picture to be, it is so. If I do not, then it is not. Its indeed a grey area.

And given your reasoning, thats all well and good, but I am not everyone, I am me. Even in a controlled environment such as this people are different and will naturally assume their own unique opinion. They cannot be expected to conform whether or not they do. Given the nature that this is a public forum, almost anything goes as long as it's conducted with a maturity. I have done just that.

Lets not see this thread closed because of inevitablly pointless banter due to an opinion thats validated and permissable.

As for him winning the award, from what I see only two others were nominated. I could be wrong, but those people weren't going to win. GC was in a position to win. The time was right, the competition was right, and there was no one else to vote for. This, figured into the fact that it would be his first award since joining, all played a factor.

In fact, we have no way of knowing if people voted because of his art at all, and not because they like him. If I had entered or was even aware at the time there was such a thing, would I have won last year? No. Why not? Because people aren't voting completely for the art. "BEST ORIGINAL ARTIST", not anything else. Where is the line drawn and what plays into it all? If it was completely about the art, and I or another one of our artists was nominated, it wouldn't have been an easy choice.

It is instances like that where art and the artist must be divided to make a technical decision. Because if you don't the decision will be bias and uncertain. Rather, its about looking at one facet of the artist, their art, and voting on that. If you read the responses for why people vote the way they do you will see that it seems very subjective, covering areas more than just the art. While the excuse could be offered that many factors other than art go into it, how can the award be called "best"? Is that nothing more than a sugarcoating? If someone is the "best" one year, what changes that the next? The art. If this is the medium by which the awards should be judged, as it should be, then all is well and he deserves the award and won it legimately. I can only question it, since I wasn't entered, or another easily equal or greater artist didn't enter also. Everything favored GC, thats why he won. I doubt I'd ever win this award, and we all know it has nothing or very little to do with my art.

Again, my opinion. You don't have to like it, but you don't need to argue about it either. Not that you are. You are actually being pleasant Kalamos, and I appricate it.

I don't recall whom the other nominees were. Are they presently active on TMF?

Maybe they polished their skills in the meanwhile, and they could now stand a chance where they stood none.

About deciding who is the best original artist, I see your point.

If voting art is subjective, voting the person behind it is even more aleatory.

Several factors come into play - and from your point of view, I can understand your reasons.

Entering the competition is your choice. Alone.

I don't believe they are active right now, no.

As for standing a chance, I know I would have, in theory, posed a legitamate rival for GC.

I will give him this- He has original characters at his disposal and I don't. Thats a fair advantage over me and could be considered as a reason to vote.

But that doesn't mean it can only be seen that way. People need to think about all possibilities before they render a vote. For example, yes, he has those characters, but they seem fairly shallow to me, serving only as eye-candy to appease the desires of this site and this community. I too have original characters. Can I use them? No. Why not? They aren't fetish-related characters and making them a part of the 'fetish universe' would compromise their standing integrity as characters and unique individuals. It would warp and change them from what I created them to be. This very theme has a way of condensing everything into one and bending it to it's will. Therefore, even if I did introduce some or all of my characters, yes, you would be pleasantly surprized but would it be enough against the horde he is creating? I'm artistically outnumbered in this way. But its still possible to be fair and not vote because of this reason.

I think the most honest way to conduct such a ceremony/competition is to be technical about correctness, realism, skills, and overall appeal.

Now if this is why people vote, I have the advantage over him, and like his advantage, mine is fair. It is my opinion that my lineart is better than his and earns the right to the "best" in the award. Because clearly, it doesn't matter how well you color a picture, how well you type in the dialogue, how good the dialogue is, etc. Because if the lineart, the core, the base of the picture is not as good as the other jobs then the overall appearance of the piece is subpar.

I'm not calling his work subpar, I'm being general about anyone's art. In other words, its possible for an artist to shortchange themselves and not even know it.

Lets take one more fair technical decision making point- quality versus quantity.

Its obvious he's been around a bit longer than I have. So he's had the time to amass a collection. People have known him longer. His art is well known and his characters are consistant. He represents the quantity in my example. Which is just an example.

Now, here I am. I've been here almost two years. I don't have much art, because I spread my talent over different genres. Personal life dicates my time here, as it does yours and everyone's else's. Indeed, I do not have much art, but I am confident it is quality art for the most part. Sure, some of my earlier works are terrible, but I was new to this genre and I was adapting. Lets fast forward to now, the present. It cannot be denied that I have improved a great deal. Tremendously in fact. Its like I've always been here. Just look at one of my old pictures and compare it to a current one. It doesn't even look like the same person drew them. I take pride and put value into each piece. I am particularly good with fan arts as well. Like you mentioned, art doesn't necessarily have an underlying vibrance. I feel my art does and I have people telling me all the time how this is true. They treat me better than I sometimes deserve to be, and they give me compliments that are really flattering.

Its safe to say I represent, in this example, the quality.

So for a voter its also about this. Is it fair? Yes. Because you're keeping it within the confines of the art itself. You are not being bias and you are keeping things in perspective relative to what the competition is asking you to vote on- "best original artist".

One example of what is not fair- the tickling. Ironically, its the tickling. Heres why-

People will only draw an ammount of tickling thats comfortable for them. If people aren't impressed by how much they are getting this would influence the vote, would it not? Its true, I haven't been dishing out many tickling pictures lately. I'm just not in a ticklish mood these days. But the mistake of the voters is this- assuming I cannot draw tickling well enough for them that I should get their vote. What should matter is that I CAN, not how often. I have proven I can draw it effectively, even getting the praise of people that had unresolved issues with me. Even they could not deny it or would not deny it. So is it therefore fair to judge such a competition, because the achilies heel and weak spot for voters is the tickling? Also consider I can draw tickling at any time I want, or when its requested of me. In this way, I should not be considered less off than him. It therefore goes back to quality in my opinion.

How many votes would I lose and how many would he gain simply because of the tickling or the type of tickling? Thats too random and fickle to be reliable in regards to judging something or someone as 'best'.

Last edited:
Okay ppl come on now, nothing to see here. Let's get back on topic now and stop tempting the jakalope to make more essay long replies. Come come now, back on topic... Great update Chimp, cool new characters, and keep up the good work, remember?

This is getting wayyyy too crazy. It's a tickling forum, not an art-lets paint fruit and lightswitches-cut off an ear forum (duh). I'm blowing this toaster oven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's New

5/2/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back