• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Who's Your Cell Phone Carrier?

evilwomanhehe

TMF Expert
I have been with AT&T since '94. I pay $70 per month for unlimited voice only. My contract expires next month, and i'm considering switching carriers who I will get a better deal with. For example, Sprint has $69 unlimited voice, internet and text. I do not text--so I will not need it. I am looking for a WIFI phone with apps--like an Android-compatible phone.

Who do you use--and if you don't mind me asking--what type of plan do you have and what do you pay?

Thanks!

~Victoria

Verizon
450 minutes per month without extra charge
1,000 text messages per month without extra charge
unlimited use of internet browser/email
$121 per month (including all taxes)

It's the unlimited use of the internet that I really want and use. :D

Last edited:
AT&T pissed us off with the fees and raising prices, so for now we have Boost Mobile. I love it because it's $50 unlimited per month and it uses Sprint's network, so we have good reception.

T-Mobile here, since 2005. 500 minutes with free calls to other T-Mobile users, free weekends, free nights after 9 and unlimited texting. $39.99 before tax.

Last edited:
I have AT&T and am past the time of the contract. The reception for cell use is good here.

Land line, 450 minutes of cell use with up to 5000 roll-over minutes, and mid-range high speed internet for $121.07 although they are offering me all sorts of shit if I renew the contract for two years.

Last edited:
i got boostmobile and i pay 50 a month and get unlimited talk,txt and web imo its a great service and i have never had problems with it

T-Mobile, $30 a month but that's on a family plan with 800 shared minutes a month, unlimited calling on weekends. And I have a very simple Samsung phone but its all I feel the need for. No bells and whistles here.

Really, the best thing to do is ask other people on various carriers how their service is in the city you live in. Service varies wildly from one region to another; there's no telling who the best is where you live.

T-Mobile here, since 2005. 500 minutes with free calls to other T-Mobile users, free weekends, free nights after 9 and unlimited texting. $39.99 before tax.

Add $25 or $30 dollars a month for unlimited internet. You can get a Droid phone with apps, WIFI, GPS capabilities. ETC....

It really costs $30 but if you get a good rep, they are allowed to give you the discounted rate.

I love my phone. G2 Touch screen with full QWERTY board. It rocks :D

Ah sweet, a thread where i can finally vent my frusterations on AT&T! :D It sucks!!!

As someone noted, you'll probably be plunking down $20+ per month for a data plan for a smartphone. The thing I HATE about AT&T, although I'm sure more than just AT&T does this, is how they price their data plans. It's $15/month for 200MB but you can upgrade to $20/month for 2gb. If you go over your 200mb, you automatically get billed another $15. This pisses me off because they're just looking for you to mess up and go over that 200mb so they can hit you with another $15 fee. The rep even pressured me going "i dunno, 200mb isn't much, I really recommend the 2gb plan". This If i had my wits about me i would have said "so you're giving me a data plan that isn't up to par with my phone? why is that?". If AT&T had any ethics, they'd simply do what any other business does and would do something like $5/200mb, or you could get a discount at say, $20/gb or $50/5gb depending on how much you use. None of this hoping you mess up and go over your limit so they can slam you with a huge fee.

I can't wait until this contract is up. Don't even get me started about how they havent released the 2.2 android patch even though 2.3 is already announced on my Captivate. Of course, they keep lying and saying it'll be out at *random date* yet it never happens.

verizon
android 2
450 minutes per month
unlimited texting
unlimited internet

$91 a month

verizon
android 2
450 minutes per month
unlimited texting
unlimited internet

$91 a month

Jesus. I don't think I could ever pay almost $100 a month just to hear my friend gossip to me for hours on end while I wish I had a good bluetooth set so I could be doing something useful in the meantime.

Jesus. I don't think I could ever pay almost $100 a month just to hear my friend gossip to me for hours on end while I wish I had a good bluetooth set so I could be doing something useful in the meantime.

thats nice.
i can.

i don't see what is so wrong about paying $90 a month for something i use all time. it's really not that bad.

Sure, I wasn't saying it wasn't right for you. I was saying how I couldn't imagine paying that much for my needs, which seems to be solely listening to my friend (although that 450 minutes would probably be extinguished in a week unfortunately). The plan is roughly what my plan is minus the unlimited internet.

Thank you so much EVERYONE!!! You guys have been a real help. I have until the end of next month to make up my mind---if I don't lose it between now and then (my mind that is).

~Victoria

Thank you so much EVERYONE!!! You guys have been a real help. I have until the end of next month to make up my mind---if I don't lose it between now and then (my mind that is).

~Victoria

Tell us how it goes. I want to get the hell off of AT&T and want to know what the world is like outside of AT&T.

Thanks again for all of your info, guys. But I am stuck between a rock and a hard place now.

I kinda live in a remote area. If I view the coverage map for say--Sprint: it shows as being "fair." I've been warned that Sprint does not have good reception anywhere. Verizon is "linked" with AT&T--and I certainly do not want to have that.

So--since I'm stuck--i'm just considering keeping AT&T--getting an android WIFI app phone with my upgrade--keep the $69 voice only rip-off coverage--and let it be.

sigh....

105 per month Verizon 3 phone lines 700 minutes unlimited text and flo TV...

i do not have internet hooked up as I would never be off the damned phone if I did, but unlimited data is only an additional 25 per month....been with them for about 8 years and never had any problems or hidden charges...

I get reception everywhere....

I think it depends more on what phone you get. I get great Sprint reception.

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back