• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Gathering for the Younger Crowd!!

I love my age! I fall right into both catagories! :rules: How cool is that?

I'm 23 male from Massachusetts. Id be interested in joining the facebook group even if I wasnt able to make it to California for a gathering. Glad to see there are other people from this age group branching out here!

18-35? Now you're talking! :xpulcy:

It sounds like most of the interest on this thread is coming from Northern and Southern CA, so we'd want it to be somewhere convenient to both.

We could hold this thing in Las Vegas... but it seems like that would be pretty expensive, as far as airfare, lodging, and entertainment go, especially when the primary goal is just to hang out with each other.

I think it would be awesome to rent a big house on the beach, maybe in San Luis Obispo or Santa Barbara. We did one of these in Santa Cruz a while back and it was amazing fun - living, eating, hot-tubbing, and playing together all weekend. :tickling: It can be pretty cost-effective, too, when you divide it out a lot of ways.

Anyway, we've probably got about a half-dozen regulars in our SF Bay Area gathering group who'd be excited to go to this.
Woooooo!!! ROAD TRIP!!!!! :welcome:

20/M from the the Bay Area reporting in.

I'm glad that this thread has finally gained some momentum!

I wholeheartedly support LindyHopper's idea of renting a house for this, especially if we're looking at doing a sort of weekend tickling retreat (which we should, because asides from giving us TWO days to have fun, it would make what could be a long drive to and from the location far more bearable). Having our own house would give us a lot of space to play in, and having a giant sleepover sounds way more fun than breaking up and heading off into separate hotel rooms.

It would be great to meet all of you, so let's make this happen!

Hey this sounds like a great idea! I agree that a weekend trip sounds great.

Based on the response we've got in the thread so far, it sounds like we've both NorCal and SoCal people. We should choose a place somewhere in the middle, so it's relatively convenient for everyone. And if we choose someplace with an airport, it'll be easier for any of those out-of-staters who want to come too.

Based on all that, it looks like Fresno, Santa Barbara, or SLO would be the best choices. No offense to any Central Valley folks, but if I've got choose between Fresno and the beach, the beach win.

Road trip to Santa Barbara! (Or SLO!)

Santa Barbara or SLO would be nice places. But is it really cheaper than Las Vegas for people coming in from a long way, or is it just we've got a lot of CA folks on this thread?

It sounds like most of the people on this thread are from California, it's definitely a lot cheaper and easier to road trip to Santa Barbara or even San Luis Obispo than to Las Vegas. For the people flying in from out of state, it looks like tickets are pretty close in price between Las Vegas and Santa Barbara. In some cases, like from Charlotte, NC, flying to Santa Barbara is even cheaper. So transportation costs are going to be cheaper for nearly everyone if the event is held in Santa Barbara.

whats up guys! i hope im not too late.. im kenny, im 20 from san diego... this sounds like a reallll good idea haha. keep me posted! =)

If santa barbara has cheap tickets, so be it.

Next question: time of year? SB seems like it would be nicer in the summer, but rates are probably cheaper off season....

I agree that Santa Barbara would be our best compromise location: Fresno is boring, Vegas is expensive, and SLO is really hard to fly to.

If we're thinking timing... I started looking at vacation rentals (what can I say, I was excited about the prospect of a weekend sleepover with lots of youthful ticklephiles!). It looks like "Winter" generally goes from about Nov. 1 - Apr. 30. During that date range, we could rent a big house near the beach for as little as $350/night. It goes up some after April 30, and a lot during any holiday weekend.

So yeah, I'd say a long weekend in March or April would be our best bet. It won't be the warmest, but we can just rent a place with a hot tub. :)

Wow, I missed out on this thread for awhile. I need to start paying attention.

And yeah, Santa Barbara is pretty nice year round. I was down there for Thanksgiving weekend and it was 75 and sunny most of the time. I'd definitely be down for a road trip with fellow Bay Area lees and lers!

Part of why I was thinking memorial day is the college crowd should be out of school by then. Some of us can take vacation from work but a professor isn't going to move their lecture just for a gathering. Also if we allow 18 year olds that could include high school students and fat chance of them taking time off of school to come.

I'm down with an extra 300 total if we can spread it out through enough people, if it gets us more people. Maybe a poll is in order?

Do you all really want to wait that long, and do something that complex?
Pick a Saturday or Sunday, (Superbowl?) find an inexpensive hotel room
(they're REALLY cheap now due to the hospitality sector taking the same
economic hit) and get together!

Chances are, this can actually be accomplished in a month or two, and
then you'll know if you like each other enough to spend a long weekend
with them :)

It's also really accessible for people, both money and time wise. Most
people can take a day to drive somewhere, meet, and drive home again,
if need be.

I'm saying this because in the almost 2 years since the thread started,
you haven't yet gotten together, but there are lots of other new group
who didn't over think, just acted, and have had good success - Snail in
Toronto started with a munch, and now is putting together play parties
and classes for folks, Baldadonis hosts munches in NYC, Amanda and I
are hosting in Boston, and I'm sure there other activities which I don't
know about, too.

I think it's a great idea, and want to see it happen for you, sooner as
opposed to later or never!

Lee

Re: Aqua's comment on the timing:

One issue with Memorial Day weekend is that a lot of people make other plans, which could translate into less attendance. People on the quarter system (like me!) won't actually be out of school. And even if you do work or attend school, you still have time to make a good weekend trip out of town.

The other major consideration is cost. If the off-season price is minimum of about $350/night for three nights, plus tax and cleaning deposit, we're looking at an event cost of about $1500. To bring the per person cost under $100, we'd need to get at least 15 people to attend. I'm optimistic that we can make that happen, but if I were taking the financial risk on it, I'd want that risk to be as small as possible.

Re: Lee's comment about why we'd want to make this so difficult! :D

I'm hoping the SoCal folks do get a munch or two together in Jan/Feb. :) I'd be reluctant to start plotting a big joint event without that happening. Lee's absolutely right: it's the easiest thing in the world for someone to set a date, time, and place, and lo and behold, you're making friends! So take a little initiative - it's well worth it! :xpulcy:

As for us NorCal youngsters... we've been getting together about monthly for a good few years now. Our events aren't age-segregated, but most of our core gatherings group happens to be age 18-35, and if I might say so, I think we're pretty tight. Several of us have already talked about it, and there's a lot of enthusiasm for a weekend away together. It would be even better if we could meet some more new people while we're at it.

BagelFather and I planned a weekender in the Santa Cruz mountains a few years ago, and it was an amazingly fun experience: living together, cooking together, hot-tubbing and tickling for days. :redheart: I've had the idea of organizing a similar such event simmering in the back of my mind for a while, and this feels like it could be an excellent opportunity. That said, Bagel and I did get burned to the tune of a few hundred dollars the last time we did this, due to lower than expected attendance, so I certainly am looking for momentum from a few smaller events down south before taking the plunge! :rotate:

Yeah, there ain't many hosts who don't end up payin' for the priviledge. It's rare to do these for very long without eating costs on occasion. The fun and friendships are worth it.

I'm with Lee. Just do it. Even if it starts small, do it. NEST started with 8. West Coast Gatherings with less. Lee just did it, and hers did well. Snail's munches are doing well. Motown gets a mob.

NorCaliTickle, what's on your mind, brother. Clue us if ya need an assist gettin' this rollin'. I still think the idea of drawin' out the younger folks is a good one. There's enough in SoCal to fuel a good crew!

Well, the NorCal folks are having a gathering tomorrow, and there should be a pretty sizable contingent of us NorCal young folks in attendance. I'm looking forward to it!

I think it would be awesome if the young crowd in SoCal started having some events. It's really, really easy to do the first much. Just pick a date, a time, and a local restaurant, and post a thread in this sub-forum. I'd do it myself, if I lived down there. :)

I would love to have a big under-35 weekend get-away with all the California folks as well as any out-of-towners who'd like to join us. Even before then, I'd expect the SoCal folk will have already met in person a few times at munches, and maybe even had their first gathering.

P.S. The next person who bumps the thread better be suggesting a time and location for the first SoCal younger crowd munch! ;)

Last edited:
Welllllll I am gonna bump. I PM'ed my hosting buddy 2 weeks ago and no reply yet. So I am not sure. =/ Might need a new hosting buddy.

There's so many of you down there that you should start by meeting a few for coffee somewhere. Pick a location and call for a munch. Just meet socially.

It all starts somewhere.

As for the gent that started this all, he's likely buried in holiday stuff. Do forgive. Some families have an excess of holiday stuff, and it ain't always shiny.

Get in touch. I'll help you start your munch. They're not difficult.

There's so many of you down there that you should start by meeting a few for coffee somewhere. Pick a location and call for a munch. Just meet socially.

It all starts somewhere.

As for the gent that started this all, he's likely buried in holiday stuff. Do forgive. Some families have an excess of holiday stuff, and it ain't always shiny.

Get in touch. I'll help you start your munch. They're not difficult.

Of course. I'll recruit a few and see who wants to hook up to plan our shenanigans....as for when, I dunno...I spent all my available money on school books. :(

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back