• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Men are More Ticklish!.....????

anonymiss86

TMF Regular
This may have come up before... but...
As a female ler I can say I've won pretty much every tickle fight I've encountered with boys.
Strength doesn't matter when you have a ticklish guy!
But is it because guys are MORE ticklish than girls?
(obviously there are the non-ticklish exceptions which are found in both genders)
But this information seems to be everywhere!
What do you guys think??
I suppose it would explain the trend towards men being lers and women being lees.
Although I break that trend anyway. I wouldn't complain!! XD
Just thought I'd share!!
:peace:

Read Below:

"While Mrs. Smith cautioned that her studies involved too few people to be generalized to the ticklish world at large, her results suggested that men may be more ticklish than women - and they are certainly far more likely than women to insist they are not ticklish at all."
http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...440&dq=men+are+more+ticklish+than+women&hl=en

"Mr Provine, in a survey of 481 people ages 8 to 86, also found that men are slightly more ticklish, and more likely to tickle, than women, but he cautioned that the differences were slight."
http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...440&dq=men+are+more+ticklish+than+women&hl=en

"Research via Dr Sarah-Jayne Blakemore of the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience within London found that robotic arms used towards tickle citizen are just as effective as human arms. Men and ladies are just as “ticklish”. But a few innovation suggest that, men may be towards a number of extent more ticklish than women."
http://healthmad.com/health/interesting-facts-about-tickling-the-human-body/

"Men and women are just as "ticklish". But a few studies suggest that, if either, men may be slightly more ticklish than women."
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/01/the_odd_body_tickling/

"A few studies suggest that, men may be slightly more ticklish than women."
http://www.interestingtopics.net/are-you-ticklish-id-43

"Men and women are just as "ticklish". But a few studies suggest that, men may be slightly more ticklish than women."
http://www.squidoo.com/interesting-and-amazing-facts-to-tell-your-friends

Last edited:
Could be true I know how ticklish I am and if I did not cheat with my ex from time to time and pin her she would have won every tickle we ever had lol

I can easily agree with this. I had tickle fights with my ex and I could only win if I pinned her down and got her feet.

I am happy to be a test subject to confirm this theory anonymiss :p

I think it's hard to make such a broad generalization - I would think women would be more ticklish - they take better care of themselves, [i.e. get pedicures (which almost all my gal pals say tickle like hell)], so their skin is softer, smoother and I would think more ticklish.

BUT I will admit that guys in generalprobably dont get tickled as often as women, so I would guess that more women know they are ticklish, whereas a lotta guys probably dont know they are . . . til they get into a tickle fight.

My turning point came when my ex-gf tickled me - I had always tickled her (and she was really ticklish) but when she got me, I was so surprised at how ticklish I am. She whipped my ass because she was ready for my tickle attacks, and me? I was a helpless giggling mess...

- I honestly cannot say for sure, but I'm game for a Battle of the Sexes Tickle Challenge. As far as I'm concerned, I'm a winner either way :)

This could be true but in real life, I'm far more ticklish then any of the people I've met lol they could be hiding it, but whenever I try to tickle them if we have a tickle fight, they don't really react in a ticklish way, so I always lose..

Well from my experience as a female ler. People tend to assume that because girls give these crazy intense responses to tickling that that equates to them being more ticklish. But they don't take into account the pride and dignity the men try to retain even through the tickling which would result in more subdued and resisted reactions, which I think is insanely hot. :p

I've read this too and have been curious. I thought I started a thread about this but maybe that was on tickle theater. I read that due to evolution men were better to take short bursts of pain (such as fighting pain) but women were better at handling prolonged pain (like pregnancy). The same could be true for tickling. Women may jump more at first tickle but when push comes to shove they can take tickle torture better than men.

Of course as a male lee I prefer to think men are more ticklish. One of my fantasies is actually to live in a world where all the men were extremely ticklish but the women weren't giving women the upper hand. :)

I think because women tend to be more slightly guarded about the reaction to their bodies when they are touched then men are even if its on a subconsciousness level.

I have seen this discussion in various incarnations on the forum. But never so meticulously researched and annotated! Even though most of these articles are referencing the same research from Dr. Sarah-Jayne Blakemore (and guys don't even try to tell me that you haven't had kinky fantasies about volunteering for her research project!) it does appear quite possible that guys are slightly more ticklish than girls.

But since the scientific data suggests that the difference is slight, I think something else is going on here with the anonyMiss. I think the common perception in the broader culture is to view getting tickled as a "submissive" act and thus still a bit of a taboo for men. So the end result is that women are just a heck of a lot more likely to get tickled and especially tickled for an extended period of time where the sensation can really be explored.

The physical strength to actually restrain someone for enough time to tickle them extensively also comes into play a bit.

So in conclusion...if you are that rare Ler girl like Miss, you have a vast field of responsive male victims out there just waiting for you!

Of course as a male lee I prefer to think men are more ticklish. One of my fantasies is actually to live in a world where all the men were extremely ticklish but the women weren't giving women the upper hand. :)

You go live in this world, I'll pass.

As for this post, I'll disagree. I can say the same, I've won every tickle fight I've been in. I think women are usually more ticklish. We will never know the answer though.

On one hand, I'm easily more ticklish, on average, than any of the women with whom I've had the opportunity to compare. In those instances when I wasn't more ticklish, it was clearly a draw.

On the other hand, women often respond with such surprise and delight at the extent of my ticklishness that it seems to imply that they don't expect men to be so ticklish (and since these women are electing to tickle me I'm guessing they've tickled other guys as well). I've occasionally gotten the offhand remark "He's the most ticklish guy I've ever seen" (though to be fair I've also gotten "Wade's the most ticklish person on the planet," so maybe ticklers are just prone to hyperbole.

So anecdotally my data is mixed.

I read that due to evolution men were better to take short bursts of pain (such as fighting pain) but women were better at handling prolonged pain (like pregnancy). The same could be true for tickling. Women may jump more at first tickle but when push comes to shove they can take tickle torture better than men.

Now that is interesting! Thank you evolution :)

Science: answering questions kind of poorly!

However, that study sounds awesome!

By the way, sometimes we lose because we want to! Of course, you could be an awesome tickler. Ever tickle fought with a girl and one? PLEASE SAY YES! ahem...But really maybe gender doesn't matter when you are the tickler. ;)

From what I've experienced and seen men are more ticklish in general. However, in general I think men like being tickled more than women cus it can directly turn us on. I think this is much more rare in women.

Im genuinely surprised be these findings

It's just speculation. Nothing to be too surprised. I still think women are more ticklish.

Unless we line up every male and every female in the world, we'll never know the truth though.

Well, the human being, man or woman, is generally sensitive to tickling. I don't know the reason of this kind of threads since it's obvious that it depends on the person, and NOT on its gender.

The question is...can one really define how someone is "more ticklish" than another? I mean, what exactly makes someone "more ticklish"? Laughing more? Giving in easier? Holding your laughter in the least? Maybe a combination of all those? Plus, you have to factor in the different ticklish spots. For instance, Person A may laugh more when their feet are ticklish, but Person B may laugh more when their armpits are tickled...but yet Person A may give up easier when their armpits are tickled, while Person B may give up easier when their feet are tickled. The way I see it, there are far too many variables that go into actually determining who is more ticklish than who. As tkler5 has said, it really just depends on the person.

I suppose in my experience, I've always felt that women are more ticklish simple because from what I've observed, they seem to react more negatively towards it where most males seems to mostly enjoy it and are able to take it more. Or course I may be a bit biased because I tend to observe women being tickled much more than men. ;)

I never said these results were fact, guys.
I just linked to the studies that have stated this based in their findings because I found it intriguing.
And because, as you can see from the responses, it goes against the common preconceptions.
Also the studies seemed objective due to the fact that they were most likely done by vanillas.
I was surprised to see their results come out with men being the more ticklish gender even if only slightly.
I was pleasantly surprised due to my female ler tendencies. Lol!
Obviously others are not so happy with these findings. :p

i for one wouldn't mind volunteering for further research.. but female lers only

I never said these results were fact, guys.
I just linked to the studies that have stated this based in their findings because I found it intriguing.
And because, as you can see from the responses, it goes against the common preconceptions.
Also the studies seemed objective due to the fact that they were most likely done by vanillas.
I was surprised to see their results come out with men being the more ticklish gender even if only slightly.
I was pleasantly surprised due to my female ler tendencies. Lol!
Obviously others are not so happy with these findings. :p

That's because they're afraid of being tickled half to death by an evil female 'ler! ;)

dunno, i'm still trying to find an evil ler to show me how evil they can be..

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back