• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

what book are you reading at the moment?

melanie2

4th Level Blue Feather
sort of like the what music are you listening to thread..

at the moment i'm reading two books...

"In Cold Blood" by Truman Capote..in which i'm learning much more about the Clutter family than i ever knew before..

and

"The Stand" by Stephen King..which i've been reading off and on since last summer..it's much better than the series..although i did like Gary Sinise in the roll..row..role..gr i always get those words mixed up..

"How to conquer the world in three easy lessons." by Unknown author.

I'm reading the classic Stephen King vampire book, "Salem's Lot"....can barely put it down even though i've read it about a million times....just something about the power of a vampire warms my blood lol

On the road, I am just now finishing "The Widows of Eastwick", John Updike's sequel to "The Witches of Eastwick" (1984). I always travel with books, to avoid the airline magazine and edited movies.

I always travel with books, to avoid the airline magazine and edited movies.

Ditto here... I always travel with at least one book.

And the one I am within an hour or two of finishing is Orson Scott Card's "Keeper of Dreams".

I seem to find short story collections to be the best road books, but that's just me.

Speaking of short stories, I'm wading through Ray Bradbury's Quicker than the Eye, first published in 1996, apparently. Thus far, I haven't been blown away the way that some earlier Bradbury does me, but still, even bad Bradbury is worlds better than many authors.

On the road, I am just now finishing "The Widows of Eastwick", John Updike's sequel to "The Witches of Eastwick" (1984). I always travel with books, to avoid the airline magazine and edited movies.

as do i...an avid book worm i cannot imagine going anywhere without a book..how was the original book? is it better than the movie? i'm going to order "Rosemary's Baby" next..

my bookshelves are filled to the limit and to the ceiling with piles and piles of all sorts of books..i have my own library..

also what makes a true reader is one who reads a book more than once..i've read so many favorites over and over..it's like greeting an old friend..

Communication networks, by a group of authors. Best cure for insomnia ever!

Dean Koontz - The Good Guy. My second Koontz book, and it's turning out to be decent. :p

Just finished a book by Susan Wright. I'm reading (or actually re-reading) several books right now, but I am reading a book on publishing by Jason Epstein - it's a been an interesting read so far.

I'm reading the dunwich horror by my favorite writer H.P Lovecraft i'm addicted to this book i have read it so many times but i don't get tired of it

I just finished "Dance of Death" by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Will start "Book of the Dead," the next in the Special Agent Pendergast series tomorrow...also have been reading the "In Death" series by J.L. Robb (i.e. Nora Roberts). Like Roarke and Eve's counter play off each other

I just finished "Fine Just The Way It Is - Wyoming Stories 3", a collection of short stories by Annie Proulx.

Ms Proulx specializes in short stories, and this is her 3rd collection of shorts based in Wyoming.

The first "Close Range - Wyoming Stories" featurned her best known work "Brokeback Mountain" which later became a hit movie.

The second in the series was "Bad Dirt - Wyoming Stories 2."

Kristeva's Powers of Horror: An Essay on Abjection. Deconstructive critical analysis.

Ursula K. Le Guin's Left Hand of Darkness.

Heinrich von Kleist's short story The Foundling.

Aphra Behn's Oroonoko: The Royal Slave.

Virginia Woolf's To The Lighthouse.

Hegel's Phenomenology of Mind.

That's Thanksgiving Break.

I usually read books with Sports content or books about Harleys and motorcycle riding in general.

Right now I'm reading a sports book call "Not 'Til The Fat Lady Sings".... it's about Detroit pro and colllege sports surprise endings and heartbreaker endings.

I'm also reading a book about Harley Davidson motorcycles history and a book about "Motorcycling Across Michigan"...both great reads as well.

Virginia Woolf's To The Lighthouse.

That's Thanksgiving Break.

i have To The Lighthouse but haven't read it yet..it will be my first Virginia Woolf novel that i do read..

an impressive list..

I am not reading any books at the moment. I am not a big book reader at all.

Death Dream by Ben Bova (a book on cassette which I found while cleaning house).

I'm usually reading a bunch. Right now I'm reading: Anita Blake's Guilty Pleasures #1 (comics 1-6), The Lucifer Effect: Understanding how good people turn evil (AWESOME for all you social psych.s out there! :super_hap), re-reading comic Joker by Brian Azarello- for my course homework so nyah!! >_< Adam, Dragons of Autumn Twilight, and am looking into reading Obsessed by Ted Dekker, once I'm done his other book Adam.
Oh!! I almost forgot the most important book! I read a couple chapters of the Bible almost EVERY night, regardless the hour. I plan on re-reading that all once again since I want it as fresh as possible irregardless of the state of my brain.
So yeah. I usually have a pretty big choice to pick from and have a good memory so I can remember almost everything that I've read in each. *happies* :happy: :)

A Feast for Crows, by George R.R. Martin.

Yeah, I'm goin' there. :p

What's New

4/30/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest fetish clip location!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back