• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

what book are you reading at the moment?

you know...i wonder if they are seeking people to read the audio books..i would like to do that...i used to read outloud all the time..

and Desdemona...i'm impressed...btw i love your screen name..

When we lived in Louisville, there is a publishing house that does audio books for the blind. I thought it would be a fun thing to do someday later on, like after retirement. That would be a dream job, as I love oral storytelling and oral history.

By the way, people, this topic raises an important question: What's a book?

Gosh I'm reading a slieu of books at the moment; eisenhorn book 1, eragon, the von carstein triolgy book 2 and the watchmen.

By the way, people, this topic raises an important question: What's a book?

a book is something hard that is used to bash certain Duke's in certain stiff places..hehe

i'm reading "The Mother" by Pearl Buck..again..

I'm puttering randomly through a collection of horror/unusual stories called, simply, The Collection, by an author named Bentley Little. I still can't decide if that's a decent name for a horror-author, or a lousy one. Same for the collection. Some good ones, some fair-to-middling(although it should be pointed-out that I'm reading the thing during waits, in the break-room at work, just before turning-in for the evening...so I'm not able to give the writings the attention they deserve).

Just finished Brisingr. WANT NEXT BOOK NAO!!! :D

~K

WANT NEXT BOOK NAO!!! :D

~K

If I begged, could I maybe use that as my new sig, TKLVR18? I could call a no-pie'ing truce in exchange. What do ya say? :super_hap

Seriously: that sums-up the feeling coming off of a fine bit of lit. You're tired, perhaps with sleep-dep, but the read was so good, you're suddenly pondering what books to read next, when you perhaps should be sleeping.

:D you can have it--truce?? Hell no :evilha: *throws multiple pies at him--would do something else but he's a ler, dammit*

~K

:D you can have it--truce?? Hell no :evilha: *throws multiple pies at him--would do something else but he's a ler, dammit*

~K

Thanks!, he cried, while muttering under his breath, wiping lemon meringue from his brow, There can be no peace...

Currently reading Priest-Kings of Gor, book three in the series

Currently reading Priest-Kings of Gor, book three in the series

Really? I have all 25... I'm on the 7th one I think. They aren't easy to find, although Blowfish did have the first 4 at one time. I found the rest at Trader's World and through E-bay. Priest Kings was a good one.

Really? I have all 25... I'm on the 7th one I think. They aren't easy to find, although Blowfish did have the first 4 at one time. I found the rest at Trader's World and through E-bay. Priest Kings was a good one.

I'm just past half-way through Priest-Kings. A friend is loaning me copies. The more I read, the more I identify with Tarl.

I'm just past half-way through Priest-Kings. A friend is loaning me copies. The more I read, the more I identify with Tarl.

Seriously?? Because he gets...odd in the future books. I liked him in the first few though.

Seriously?? Because he gets...odd in the future books. I liked him in the first few though.

Well, I'm only in book 3 after all. I like his sense of honor in the series to this point

"The Grapes of Wrath" by John Steinbeck for the second time..i vowed i wouldn't read it again as the ending is not good, but i am anyway..ah the bitterness of what happened to those poor farmers..

Just checked out "Ceremony in Death" by J.L Robb and "Wheel of Darkness" by Preston and Childs

I'm reading (actually listening to on CD) A Scanner Darkly by Philip K. Dick. A meticulously-detailed if somewhat dragged-out satirical dissection of the drug war (written in 1977).

"The Grapes of Wrath" by John Steinbeck for the second time..i vowed i wouldn't read it again as the ending is not good, but i am anyway..ah the bitterness of what happened to those poor farmers..

I love that book--and I love the ending!! Great stuff. I recently read Stenbeck's "In Dubious Battle"... not as good as Grapes, but still a good read.

Right now I'm reading Midnight's Children" by Salman Rushdie. Good stuff.

I love that book--and I love the ending!! Great stuff. I recently read Stenbeck's "In Dubious Battle"... not as good as Grapes, but still a good read.

Right now I'm reading Midnight's Children" by Salman Rushdie. Good stuff.

uh Wade..hello...the ending was sad...they were going to starve to death...silly Wade..but to each their own..

uh Wade..hello...the ending was sad...they were going to starve to death...silly Wade..but to each their own..

Of course it was sad... could that novel have ended any other way? And it was rendered so beautifully and so brilliantly.

When you said the ending was "not good," did you just mean it didn't end felicitously? I thought you meant you didn't like the ending. I agree that the ending is sad, Tom Joad's pledge to fight for justice and Rose of Sharon's gesture of indomitable humanity notwithstanding, but it was also fantastic. Kind of like the ending to "King Lear." Not a feelgood laugh riot, but brilliantly done.

What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back