• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Are people OK with the word "******" in a post?

Words such as this are used for "shock" value and nothing more and show the ignorance

Words such as this are used for "shock" value and nothing more and show the ignorance and lack of respect that the user has,,,

place the member in question on ignore and forget about him....He isnt worth the time wasted on him...[\QUOTE]

But then the user in question doesn't learn anything.

maybe the person didnt know what it meant? its never used in england well ive never heard it before, maybe they didnt realise it was offensive? x

I really don't see why this quote needed a separate thread rather than a response in the same thread it was originally posted in. It isn't even worded in a way that opens it up to discussion.

I couldn't seem to post to the original thread.

Anyway, I was responding to a posting where the person used the word "******" and it seemed silly to start the original thread with

"F-word" or "fa__ot" or some other non-clear variant.

May I ask what in God's name any of this has to do with "Tickling Discussion"??? :shrug:

Merged the two threads together, and am moving the entire thing to General Discussion where it belongs and is not off topic.

Myriads

Another slam at homosexuals, since "hissyfit" is usually associated with that group.

I'll go on the assumption that you don't know Artoo. I do. I've met the man in person, and I can assure you his comment was not a slam against gays.

I don't know about Canada, but the term "hissyfit" is still common at least in the American South primarily among people over 50, and usually refers to women.

That being said it's an offensive slur against gay people, born of ignorance and fear. A deadly combination, that.

Last edited:
Words such as this are used for "shock" value and nothing more and show the ignorance and lack of respect that the user has,,,

place the member in question on ignore and forget about him....He isnt worth the time wasted on him...[\QUOTE]

But then the user in question doesn't learn anything.

Ah so you actually believe you can teach them something....lol..good luck with that..

I wouldn't use it, simply because 1) I don't use that word in general, and 2) it may not be received well by others, so I'd just avoid it lol.

Optimist / Pessimist

Ah so you actually believe you can teach them something....lol..good luck with that..

I appear to be more of an optimist than you.

Which is also a surprise to me. :)

An optimist knows this is the best of all possible worlds
and
a pessimist knows that the optimist is right. :)

Thank you Myriads for moving the thread to "General Discussion". I suppose "Tickling Discussion" means only "Ticklish Situations" of the forced laughter kind. :)

it's okay if you're gay. it's a derogatory word that has been reclaimed by those to whom it was used against. within the gay community, to some it's now a term of endearment. there are several other examples.

Okay with it? Not particularly.

But I'm not going to tell others not to use the word, especially in a setting of an internet forum where I don't know anything about the people except their tickling interest and their screennames.

I don't advocate slurs and derogatory terms and to the best of my knowledt I don't use them (nobody's perfect), but I'm certainly not going to judge an anonymous internet persona harshly for using such words.

Not only because life's too short for such things, but [more importantly] because someone using a 'bad word' doesn't automatically make them a 'bad person'.

simple way to think about it....if you have to ask if using a certain word is ok to use..then there's a reason why you would think about questioning it and you're better off not using it

The word's just a word. What's behind it is what gives it its power. You could have the same intention behind some other word and the effect would be somewhat the same. A word like ****** is just another weapon in an arsenal of others that can be used many different ways.

Pretty much... George Carlin had it right...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3_Nrp7cj_tM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3_Nrp7cj_tM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

You know, I lived in Rehoboth, DE for a while, which is like the San Fransisco of the east coast. I also used to work at Xena conventions, so I've been around and friends with more gay people than most in my life. I'll tell you, they call each other ****** and dyke far more often. As George Carlin once said, there is nothing wrong with any word in and of itself. Words themselves are completely neutral. It's the arsehole using it and the context that he has put it in that you have to worry about.

Since you asked, I'm totally OK with the word ******.

But I generally try to go with something a little less inflammatory, such as pole smoker or bone smuggler.

You silly Mormon. Tricks are for kids.:zomgrabbit:

What's New

5/29/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip fetish store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back