• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Bad Reactions All Around

I suppose dropping the Shemp thing might be the only surefire solution.
Hey, Curly was no slouch. I’m sure this could easily be engineered to gravitate in his direction using state-of-the-art stealth spoofing to whereas even the most ardent anti-Stooge would have trouble noticing.

Hey, Curly was no slouch. I’m sure this could easily be engineered to gravitate in his direction using state-of-the-art stealth spoofing to whereas even the most ardent anti-Stooge would have trouble noticing.

Did you hear the story of Bubba Shemp? He made Shemp cocktail, Shemp grits, Shemp cake, etc. ;)

Milagros, I like you. I enjoy posting with you, but that is completely dismissive. How someone feels about something shouldn't be dismissed as if doesn't matter.

In another thread I had seen a member claim Shemp Day was a way to include everyone. That they do this prank because they like everyone. Well when you like someone you don't just dismiss them if they complain. You'd want to get to the heart of the complaint and understand why they feel the way that they do, wouldn't you?

People who complained about Shemp Day were told they don't know how to have fun, have no sense of humor, it's not a big deal, and to just get over it. It only makes things worse when people act as if the complaints were a nuisance rather than an opportunity to explain Shemp Day, why it happens, and for the 'pranksters' to learn ways to improve Shemp Day so there would be less confusion and more people laughing at the joke.

I am quoting this because I strongly agree with what you've said, and how you've said it.

I read in another thread one of the participants said they like to do Shempday not because they want to exclude anyone, but because they want to include everyone. I believe this is a very nice sentiment to have by wanting everyone to enjoy themselves and have a good time.

I spoke in regards to wishing it be altered for next year so no one felt affected in an adverse way by pm, exclusion, disruption and confusion and otherwise, only to feel battered in every thread by people saying I have no sense of humor, I can get over it and leave for a while, or whatever else happens to pop up because I don't feel the same way as they do. I can recognize this as a defense mechanism, but I really don't appreciate it. I was not rude in how I came across, and I felt as though I expressed my sentiments in a respectful way. I don't like being treated like some loser who isn't welcome. Or perhaps I'm not, I don't know.

I'm fairly certain at this point that now Shempday isn't bothering me nearly as much as what people have to say about me because of how I felt.

Here's my two cents on this whooooooooooole issue. (And I'm sure I'll be repeating myself several times)

First of all, I've seen like four different ignore posts. What? All over this stupid joke? Are you kidding me. It seems like this whole thing really has divided the forum, which...makes me a sad panda.

I came to the TMF seeing it as a loving place and a way to nurture my fetish in my young mind. As a way to find people like me when there was none in the area in which I live. I suppose I came here bright-eyed and bushy-tailed you could say.

Now, having said that...why are people not caring what others have to say? Seems like it would be a piece of human decency to hear what the other side would have to say. Why can't we do that? Why can't we just come to some compromise.

But no, to those that dislike this joke it's this: Get over it. Don't log in for the day. Etc, etc, etc.

Why does it exactly have to be like that? Why can't we say "Yeah, we'll do Shemp, but don't worry, we'll try not to affect you too much."

This whole thing...well it seemed like kind of one big Rick-roll to me. Funny for the first time...then, not. I suppose that's the problem most people are having. They find it not really that funny. And, quite frankly, who enjoys a prank on them if there's no laugh in it for them? Hm, tell me?

To quickly dismiss someone of the way they feel is to just write off their emotions, to write off their humanity. Obviously these people have a reason for the way they feel. You are quick to defend what you're doing is right without any consideration for how the other side has been wronged. What kind of message does that send people? Especially new people who joined the forum and have read through these threads?

Too see some major players here at the TMF just disregard others feelings, well, it just doesn't leave a great first impression. All I'm saying is give the other side some consideration and quite frankly, I'm sure they'll be willing to listen to your ideas as well. Ignore me if you must, but if this issue isn't solved quickly, then the forum will divide even more than it is now.

It was earlier hinted that the word replacement would have remained, as the header did, had it not experienced some technical glitches. Thus meaning PMs, blogs and the like would have been affected all day long. I'll concede messing with aspects of the forum if it floats your boat, but not my personal conversations should I choose to have them. And I certainly don't want to hear "just come back when it's all over" as a justification.

It was earlier hinted that the word replacement would have remained, as the header did, had it not experienced some technical glitches. Thus meaning PMs, blogs and the like would have been affected all day long. I'll concede messing with aspects of the forum if it floats your boat, but not my personal conversations should I choose to have them. And I certainly don't want to hear "just come back when it's all over" as a justification.

No Adam..those WERE the glitches....it was never intended that pms profiles or screen names and logins be affected in any way.....

Within minutes of this becoming a problem the effect was removed.

90% of the people complaining were not even logged in but feel they should complain for those who were affected and chose not to complain.....

It was a simple joke obviously for us simple minded....for those who didnt find it funny I understand where you are coming from as there are 20 things a day posted ad infinitum that I find neither funny nor interesting....

I ignore them or just move on...I am not saying it should be ignored or passed over when somethng is done that affects business as usual. but to complain about a very short effect for 3 days is far beyond beating a dead horse especially for those it had NO effect on that feel they must jump on the bandwagon though they have no reason to complain themselves...

It was a joke...it is done....sorry to those it affected adversly...

I suggest everyone think 3 times before posting anything that might offend someone going forward as I am sure someone will find fault just to do so...

No Adam..those WERE the glitches....it was never intended that pms profiles or screen names and logins be affected in any way.....

That's fair enough. This event has been so confusing to many, I wasn't sure that specific part of the problem had been addressed.

Part of me thinks the whole outrage over this entire thing is hilarious, another part of me thinks it's incredibly depressing.

Wow.....Just.........wow.

Three days ranting on a prank that went on for 45 minutes? Ridiculous.
Sniping at each other because you don't agree on something? Ridiculous
Publicly calling out people in something that should be taken care of privately? Ridiculous.

I've been reading all of these threads, and frankly I find it amazing that people are so up in arms about the whole thing. Apparently some feelings were hurt somewhere down the line, because people are getting WAY too emotional, in my opinion.

IT. WAS. A. JOKE. I'm actually sorry I wasn't online for it, woulda been funny to me. As for people complaining that the newbies were alienated,.........oh c'mon! I doubt that a prank played for 45 mintues caused people to be alienated enough to actually leave the forum and never come back. Granted they might have been confused, but even if they didn't know what was going on, I'm sure their whole day wasn't ruined by the joke. There are STILL 80,000 members here, and we're still growing. So, stop with the excuses as to why you don't like it, and get to the real matter at hand, whatever that is. If people are truly supposed to be friends here, it shouldn't be too hard to TALK about what's bothering you. Grumbling isn't going to solve anything.

Nobody's telling anyone to "just get over it" or "come back later" as a means to dismiss feelings. At least I don't think it's how it's meant to be taken. It was a simple prank, so it deserved a simple answer to the 3 or 4 who took it really hard.

Thing is, (it was said by someone else), the only words that were affected were "feet" and "tickle" and all aspects of those words. To my knowledge, I've seen us post about WAY more than that, so, in all honesty, did it REALLY affect us that much?????? Even with the PMs, apparently people's entire conversation consisted of feet and tickling? Can't you just re-send a PM later explaining all that?

I'm sorry for adding fuel to the fire, but dividing the forum YET AGAIN for something like this? This is almost worse than the dreaded "C" word wars! Almost. :D

I hope this blows over soon.

RIDICULOUS! (sorry, had to say it one more time :couch: )

--T

Though while I was out most of the day I did get filled in and to be honest I personally don't like it all that much. Sure its a joke but for people that are out of the circle it can lead to panic and misunderstanding. While one person may be in on the joke another may be freaking out over the fact. Its one thing to prank the aware its totally different to prank the unaware. It was not like April fools day where everyone would have more than likely guessed it was a joke.

Call in to the show tonight (threads in the forums show how) ask anything you want..those that were not there do not know what happened as those that "filled them in" exaggerated everything...

There was no need to resend pms as they changed back like everything else as soon as the filter was pulled..less than 40 minutes actually so it really affected very little..

As for "pranking the aware"....then it isnt a prank...in fact shempday IS like April fools day here...and most people are quite aware of it and most of the habitual complainers were ready to do so no matter what as they had plenty of notice and wew PM ing each other days before discussing it....

And if anyone "paniced" over what actualy happened then they need to rethink what they are doing here to begin with...

Why would anybody want to say that they didnt like it?

All they get is you and a few others attacking them for expressing an opinion which you dislike.

Within minutes of this becoming a problem the effect was removed.

90% of the people complaining were not even logged in but feel they should complain for those who were affected and chose not to complain.....

It was a simple joke obviously for us simple minded....for those who didnt find it funny I understand where you are coming from as there are 20 things a day posted ad infinitum that I find neither funny nor interesting....

I ignore them or just move on...I am not saying it should be ignored or passed over when somethng is done that affects business as usual. but to complain about a very short effect for 3 days is far beyond beating a dead horse especially for those it had NO effect on that feel they must jump on the bandwagon though they have no reason to complain themselves...

It was a joke...it is done....sorry to those it affected adversly...

I suggest everyone think 3 times before posting anything that might offend someone going forward as I am sure someone will find fault just to do so...

Not true the only ones who got anything from me were the ones harping over and over about the things that DIDNT happen after I explained it several times just like I had to re explain it agin in the last post..those people dont want to discuss things calmly

the only folks telling people to "get over it" were other forum members tired of hearing the same folks rant on and on ...nobody involved told folks to get over it or go away...

And I cant be responsible for how the other members feel about those miniscule few who rant about the time of day when given the chance....lol

I had several pms complaining or asking questions and those discussions were level headed and resolved amicably...but forum trollers blow tings out of proportion in public and no one else wants to say anything...

The support comments and pms far outwieghed the number of folks with a chip on their shoulder...as I said..anyone can call in and gripe tonight if done in a civil manner and we will try to answer any concerns....

But carrying on clling folks names and personal attacks here on the form will get people nowhere fast.....

Off to work..I expect a full PM box from those who wish to do so athat cannot call in tonight...

Ann was involved and she was a bit harsh towards folks. She might've not been telling them verbatim to 'get over it', but she more or less implied such..

What's New

6/17/2024
Visit Door 44 Productions for ticklign clips! Details in the D44 box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back