• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Does having a pic in your profile make a difference?

guysmiley

TMF Expert
At one point I did have a photo up in my profile but ended up taking it down. I've debated on putting another one up but I'm curious if it makes a difference?

When you're having a conversation with someone or considering someone as a tickling partner, do you consider them more real/more comfortable if they have a pic or does it not really matter?

Yes, if someone has a pic (though suppose you can never really validate its accuracy) it suggests to me that the person's got some self-confidence and is genuinely interested.

Hasn't made a difference with me. I've had my pic on my profile and nothing has changed.

I found out people talked to me less when they saw what I looked like. ; __ ;

I tend to be skeptical of those folks that don't have a photo. As a matter of fact, people who have little or no information in their profile makes me wonder what they are hiding or ashamed of.... Of course, there's no way to confirm whether any information they post is true... :stirthepot:

No, I think interactive with the forum is more of a way to get noticed then a photo. I have a photo but tend to show anyone that asks for it or chats with me for awhile. Seeing a person shouldn't change what they type. If you have a good repor with a person. Eventually you will get to know one another enough to see what you look like. If a person needs to see me first before they are willing to chat. dont really need to chat with that person then. It means they cant have a conversation with just anyone.

Yes I think it makes a difference and the reason being is that I have changed mine from a girls feet being tickled and just her feet and the pic I have now which is of the Boston Bruins Ice Girls from a few years ago back and forth and have received messages regarding of who the pic is of. I think its a good conversation starter which could lead to many things a friendship/relationship and new tickle partner etc

Wow, I've truly never thought about it. And I recently disabled visibility of signature pictures when logged in, because people abuse them with enormity so often -- after wading through all that flotsam, I think I'd rather gain insight about people mainly on the merits of what they type. That's one thing I really like about online forums; no one's appearance has to be assessed if they don't want it to be.

Wow, I've truly never thought about it. And I recently disabled visibility of signature pictures when logged in, because people abuse them with enormity so often -- after wading through all that flotsam, I think I'd rather gain insight about people mainly on the merits of what they type. That's one thing I really like about online forums; no one's appearance has to be assessed if they don't want it to be.

That is true...

No, I think interactive with the forum is more of a way to get noticed then a photo. I have a photo but tend to show anyone that asks for it or chats with me for awhile. Seeing a person shouldn't change what they type. If you have a good repor with a person. Eventually you will get to know one another enough to see what you look like. If a person needs to see me first before they are willing to chat. dont really need to chat with that person then. It means they cant have a conversation with just anyone.

The only people who can see my pictures, are invited as online friends(if they accept), or they ask me. That is all...

You are saying no because of what? Do you just want to chat to oblivion?

The only people who can see my pictures, are invited as online friends(if they accept), or they ask me. That is all...

You are saying no because of what? Do you just want to chat to oblivion?

I am assuming guysmiley is talking about a pic of himself not a signiture pic. I've chatted with different people not knowing what they look like and I really never asked....it eventually happens. Sometimes I will show a person my pic if I am in the mood. I am not ashamed of my looks, i have been told on numerous occasions I am good-looking by all kinds of women. I never say no, I just never bring it up.

If a person is thinking about getting together romantically, they only have friends with whom they find are worthy of their social circle, or they want a session with those they are attract too and that is the only reason they are chatting then of course it probably matters right away. I just don't think it should matter. If a online friendship happens then eventually pics will be exchanged. I guess i'm wary of anyone that says.."what do you look like?" To me it say "I won't talk to you until I know I find you attractive."

I definitely think it helps to know what the person you are talking to looks like. Not for any shallow reason, just to add a more personal aspect. I was hesitant to put a pic up for a while in case someone I knew saw it by some chance, but I figured if they're on this forum then they must be into tickling too so yay!

I think it puts a face to a name, which can be a good or bad thing. But I think it enables additional judgement. Depended on how you are at handling that, you should probably think about the end result of putting up your picture

While I'm not really comfortable putting a picture of myself up, I do try to rationalise it by thinking I'd rather learn a person's personality than their picture. (Besides, I'm not the best-looking young bloke around)

First of all, I really appreciate everyone's opinions on this. It's definitely given me some insight and things to consider.

In answer to Ticklerguy4U's post, yes the pic I was referring to would be of myself. My thought was that, if I had something like that it would sort of validate that yes, I am real and no, I'm not some lurker who's just posting around to see who responds.

Putting one up for friends only was something I considered but that really doesn't accomplish that goal since my friends here already know me well enough and who I am. If I add one (and I am very much leaning that way) then it makes much more sense to make it public.

You know, I've always considered doing it, but I'm still too shy and new to this to do that yet. I feel like I should because I really appreciate it when others do, so I should be willing to do it myself. Maybe some day

Putting one up for friends only was something I considered but that really doesn't accomplish that goal since my friends here already know me well enough and who I am. If I add one (and I am very much leaning that way) then it makes much more sense to make it public.

You know, I've always considered doing it, but I'm still too shy and new to this to do that yet. I feel like I should because I really appreciate it when others do, so I should be willing to do it myself. Maybe some day

I have been around here for alot of years and in my experience there have been many people who used a signiture of some kind instead of a pic to reflect their personality or interests. For instance, mine is a resemblance of how I look, the handcuffs represent my ler side and the wolf is because I like wolves. But it never stopped me from getting PMs or the opportunity of chatting or meeting other TMFers through the years.

Not everyone here shows their photo except to a few and it never stopped them from the same. Most females read what is said on the forum and judge many guys by that not a pic because most have learned on here that a photo is just that---a photo. So if you want to go for it but I don't think it will make a difference if you have really nothing to say, but that is just my opinion.

I find that seeing what is in a persons signature is a reflection of their character, as opposed to a straight out picture. Having a signature style is more enlightening than just a straight out photo.

IME, no. Having a picture's made no difference. Then again, my photo isn't on my profile, it's in the Member Photos section, and was posted over ten years ago. Maybe I need a new one...

At one point I did have a photo up in my profile but ended up taking it down. I've debated on putting another one up but I'm curious if it makes a difference?

When you're having a conversation with someone or considering someone as a tickling partner, do you consider them more real/more comfortable if they have a pic or does it not really matter?

Having photos up only garnered the type of attention I didn't want, so it definitely didn't give me the talks and people I was looking for. When I'm speaking to people on here, it doesn't make a difference if they have one up or not in regards to conversation. I really only meet people at gatherings anyways. That's the perfect (and only) way I could ever verify who they say they are and be comfortable with them: safely in person. :)

Not to sound conceded, but once I decided to put a picture of myself, it didn't take long before a couple of handfulls of pms and picture comments started popping up. It's quite flattering. :)

Door 44 Productions
What's New

6/16/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT,. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back