• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

HDS's commission done Sakuya FF/F

Umojar

TMF Master
Now this one took me quite a while. This just goes to show how much getting paid for something can motivate you.XD

HDS commissioned me for it when I made the thread about being open for requests. I was a fan of the series back when I actually had satellite to watch it, so I didn't have a hard time coming up with ideas for it. Anyhow, I experimented with a lot of different things with photoshop in this one. I like how it came out. Hopefully you do too. Make sure to view it in full size. Same with my other threads, any suggestions or criticisms are welcome.

Oh yeah, I didn't mention it in the request thread, but I'm open for commissions as well. TK or non, if you want one, just let me know.

Attachments

• tenchi.jpg
    tenchi.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 2,210
Nice pic.
Paid or not you made a good job.
Thank You!

Awesome job, dude! I've always been a Tenchi fan (though not so much for Shin Tenchi or the movies), so this is really great. Ayeka looks totally evil. You did great work with this, kiddo. Seriously. n_n

ummm...a male fan of Tenchi...?

yeah....i guess it takes all kinds.

5 question of sexualitys out of 5

I see no problem with being a male fan of Tenchi Muyo. I liked it myself, when I watched it.

And another awesome pic out of you, Umojar. I'm eager to see HDS's reaction to it now. Likely some kind of fanboy-ish squealing followed by a bit of melting and then lavish praise upon your artistic gifts.

many thanks folks.

Timewarp- I'm waiting to see one post from you that isn't a sarcastic/smartass comment. I guess I'll have to keep waiting... but thanks nonetheless!

Jaynin- Well I couldn't hear squealing... and I hope there wasn't. A guy squealing is a really strange thing to see... and hear.

Kalamos- Yes yes, I'm experimenting quite a bit. It's a change for the better I think.

Another AWESOME illustration Umojar!

I always look forward to your work!!!

Best,

B

Jaynin said:
And another awesome pic out of you, Umojar. I'm eager to see HDS's reaction to it now. Likely some kind of fanboy-ish squealing followed by a bit of melting and then lavish praise upon your artistic gifts.
I'll have you know I used up all my squealing when I found and purchased an extraordinarily rare artbook yesterday. So phooey. XD

Timewarp said:
ummm...a male fan of Tenchi...?
I always thought it was aimed at the male population, being a sort of "harem-style" anime, with one boy and many girls. I also suggest that you tone-down the sarcasm a little bit. Posting just to try and incite strife/put down someone is not something looked well upon here. I will assume that you were aiming that barb at myself, and not Umojar or anyone else, and as such ignore it, as I am quite content to let anyone say whatever they will about me. No one is capable of possessing a lower opinion of this one than this one himself, and as such I consider all such jabs as compliments more than anything. Be forewarned for the future, however, to not be so trollish around/directed at other members besides myself.

Hmm? Oh yes, I forgot to comment. As you may imagine, I adore this piece. 'Tis actually a scene I often imagined could have been possible in Shin Tenchimuyo (The Japanese name, I believe). I couldn't be any more happy with this if it came with the Hope diamond. XD Umojar rocks! *Pon-pon cheer*

I do like Tenchi Muyo. It's one of my favorite anime series next to DBZ.

The coloring is different, and some other key things were paid attention to. Its obvious you wanted to get this right. I guess money really can do wonders. XD

Umojar said:
Kalamos- Yes yes, I'm experimenting quite a bit. It's a change for the better I think.
I was actually fond of your older, softer style.

But I have no right to comment on ppl's technique.
So, thumbs up.

:)

Vlad- Well, actually I've used that style on a few other things I've made already, I just haven't posted them here yet. I'm also working on adding backgrounds in the things I do. What are these things you're noticing too? I tend to go by whether or not it "looks right" so I'll do a lot of things without thinking about it.

Kalamos- yes, you do have a right. And as you know, I try to encourage people to comment on anything they notice. Like I said, I'm still experimenting with the style, so feedback on it would be helpful. What don't you like about it, or why do you like the old style?

Last edited:
Umojar said:
I'm also working on adding backgrounds in the things I do.

You should.

One of the things that is slowly becoming a pet peeve of mine is when artists are too lazy to draw a background. Note that this is different from not drawing a background because theres not supposed to be one or you don't want to.

Its when its not done out of laziness or interest in learning. They easily could draw a background, but they're either too lazy or are afraid to. The only reason they'd be afraid is because they're worried they'll screw it up somehow. And if they don't get past that, they're already screwing themselves artistically.

Umojar said:
What don't you like about it, or why do you like the old style?
Well, I said *fond*. Not *fonder*. :)

I think this experiment is about two different facets of colourisation.
First, colour density and coverage.
Second, hues and colour choice.

At first I noticed the pic was more vibrant than usual.
Colours flowed more like watercolours than paint. They were crisp, whereas they are usually pasty and rich.

I tend to overdo on colour "opulence" myself, but when I think of your older piece, the judo girl, I think you managed to paint shading on her suit in a bold and elegant way.
Simpler, but more effective, and shading was smoother.

Here I noticed something I would call "chalkiness". Were you painting models, I'd say you did not apply glazing after your drybrush.

Next to chalkiness, I noticed the metal patchiness, which is probably due to both the hues and the medium.
Computer highlighting can lead to that metallic effect, where hues are shiny, but they lack substance.

Plus, and this is about your choice of colours, you went for colder hues: purples, cyans, electric blues.
Chars look a bit like they had their clothes sprayed over with metallic paint, whereas in your other style colours would flow in the recesses, giving the impression of depth with a simpler layering job.

This is all about personal tastes. I am not familiar with "manual highlighting", that is your older styler, so I am fond of it.
Because I could not recreate it without studying it before.

This technique seems more familiar to me, and I would suggest warmer tones, and smoother layering.

Then again, it's a matter of tastes: I like natural, tanned overtones for skin, and highly saturated colours.

Yours is a similar technique, just with a different take at saturation, hue and crispiness.

Hope it was of some help.

Well, well, seems like you were holdin back quite a bit. And yes, it did help a lot. I'm still gonna mess around with this style a bit more, and see what I can do with it. Thanks for the help.

Umojar said:
Well, well, seems like you were holdin back quite a bit. And yes, it did help a lot. I'm still gonna mess around with this style a bit more, and see what I can do with it. Thanks for the help.
It's not like I'm hiding stuff, but I don't have your "vision" on your own pics.
I could mess - in a negative way - with your ideas.

That's why I rarely comment on ppl's art, let alone giving out unsolicited opinions.
My ego is frail enough, I figure other ppl might resent criticism - however heartfelt - as much as I do.

It can't hurt that much, you know? Sure it's my art, but in the end the only reason why I'm posting it is for you guys to see and comment. I can understand where your coming from, but I really want feedback on how to get better. I've had my artwork picked apart before(pretty harshly at times too), so I know not to take it to heart.

Umojar said:
It can't hurt that much, you know?
Well, I tend to feel the "drawing rush" after posting a new pic, so I'm extra touchy about my pieces, 'specially when they are fresh from the drawing board.

Which happens to be nothing more than my kitchen's table, but I digress...

I must admit, I already have ppl giving me pointers on my pics.
It's somewhat lucky of me, cause I managed to come out to a few ppl, even family, and they now lend me some support even before I post a new pic.

Personally, I would rather know what makes ppl tick, not if proportions are 1000% right in my pics.

I'm no Caravaggio, and I am not that self deluded to turn a blind eye over my own botched pics.

But I cannot understand well enough what makes a pic a good tk pic. It is something more than knowing how to drawing.
It has more to do with recreating that "tingly" feel Nerrad mentioned over the other thread.

I am not a "tingly" guy myself, so to speak, and I sometimes could use a word of explanation why some pic manage to be hot, despite less than perfect execution, while technically perfect pieces sometimes fail to kindle ppl's interest.

It's more about being succesful: it's about hit count, replies, ppl asking for more.
I, for instance, had no idea an old pic of mine was "hot", until a guy asked me to post the whole series, because he liked it.

Hadn't it been for him, I would have never started my gallery.

Well, that was some tangent eh?

Kalamos said:
Well, I tend to feel the "drawing rush" after posting a new pic, so I'm extra touchy about my pieces, 'specially when they are fresh from the drawing board.

I feel this way sometimes, but since TT isn't the first website I post my art, nor the first site I get feedback, its easier to brace myself for whatever.

Although, I do have to put it bluntly: only a few people here know how to or are willing to give an actual critique and are good at it (and its usually only other artists). So, most of us here would never have a worry of being upset by what someone said, as any sort of criticism is so soft or its non-existant. Being an artist and being surrounded by other artists is a different dynamic than being an artist and surrounded by others who are not.

Compared to DA and other art sites, TT doesn't know what critiquing is, from peer to peer, nor does it have the luxury of artistic advice, tips, and critiques being guranteed or plentiful.

You/we all have got it easy here, which is both good and bad, depending on what you're looking for from others.

Last edited:
HisDivineShadow said:
I'll have you know I used up all my squealing when I found and purchased an extraordinarily rare artbook yesterday. So phooey. XD

I always thought it was aimed at the male population, being a sort of "harem-style" anime, with one boy and many girls. I also suggest that you tone-down the sarcasm a little bit. Posting just to try and incite strife/put down someone is not something looked well upon here. I will assume that you were aiming that barb at myself, and not Umojar or anyone else, and as such ignore it, as I am quite content to let anyone say whatever they will about me. No one is capable of possessing a lower opinion of this one than this one himself, and as such I consider all such jabs as compliments more than anything. Be forewarned for the future, however, to not be so trollish around/directed at other members besides myself.

Hmm? Oh yes, I forgot to comment. As you may imagine, I adore this piece. 'Tis actually a scene I often imagined could have been possible in Shin Tenchimuyo (The Japanese name, I believe). I couldn't be any more happy with this if it came with the Hope diamond. XD Umojar rocks! *Pon-pon cheer*

ummm...what...? Talking about you...i know you about as much as my attempt at phyics 101...nothing. As for my commits...come on i'm just pulling your leg with my unique brand of style. I've been posting like that for years! You've just noticed? sheesh is there one person who can take a joke on the internet? Internet=Serious buisness. :(

Vladislaus Dracula said:
I feel this way sometimes, but since TT isn't the first website I post my art, nor the first site I get feedback, its easier to brace myself for whatever.
Well, as I said, I am usually looking for something few critics can provide: raw feelings.

I don't usually want to know *how* to draw something.
I can google great artists myself, and stand agape for hours, trying to figure their tricks out.

No. I would rather know what makes ppl tick deep inside.
What makes them all "tingly" over a pic.
Mmm. I'm going to buy Nerrad a beer here...

I know it's not just how well rendered a landscape is.
Nor just how smooth the colour layering is, over a complex set of rune ridden robes.
Sometimes, with fan art, is just about personal fantasies, such as some fictional character ppl have a crush on.
Or maybe inherently hot situations or professions; a lot of users have a fancy for teachers, waitresses, redheads, even items, like jeans, and so on.

It is what a fetish is all about: that special personal catalyst.

Sure, I've been around to know what common fetishes are. I could jump the bandwagon, and yet I would only see a part of the whole picture.

I've learnt that ppl tend to be a bit secretive: they rarely tell you square and fair what they want. Just a few do. But they are a tiny vocal part of a larger silent group.
Most users keep to themselves, and it's rare occurence when they allow you to get a glimpse at that special private imagery of theirs.

When it happens, it is like a beacon. You don't have to guess. You know what ppl want.

T3h cuteness :) I'm not very familiar with the series, but I love the setup. I'm diggin' the new coloring technique :)

Timewarp said:
ummm...what...? Talking about you...i know you about as much as my attempt at phyics 101...nothing. As for my commits...come on i'm just pulling your leg with my unique brand of style. I've been posting like that for years! You've just noticed? sheesh is there one person who can take a joke on the internet? Internet=Serious buisness. :(
I personally don't care, but when you direct those posts at other members, I have to care. Some members can and will be hurt by your "jokes." Please take note of this bit, found on our Rules page:
We take the "be polite" rule very seriously! We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive will receive one warning (at our discretion). And if the member offends again the member will be banned without warning. This goes for private messaging as well.
I have noticed your style of posting and had hoped you would tone down the edge on your own. As that has not been happening, a suggestion had to be issued. You are free to express your opinion, but to post only biting, inciteful commentary (Even if it is a joke) is no way to further discussion in a thread, unless such discussion consists of more scathing remarks back-and-forth.

I'm not asking you to stop posting all together or to post only happyhappy sunshine and flowers-type messages, but try not to be so sarcastic. A little, tempered sarcasm is one thing; constant, untempered is another.

Apologies for interrupting this thread. We now return you to it ...

What's New

6/16/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT,. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back