• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Hey, so...there's still totally a war going on in Libya, right?

c7_assassin

3rd Level Black Feather
Umm, am I remembering everything correctly? That thing, that thing that was like the most important international event since the invasion of Iraq? It's still pretty much still happening, right? They didn't just call it off because an earthquake hit Japan, right? :illogical

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libyan_civil_war

Yeah, so...maybe I'm just tired right now, but...I, like...thought it was important...??? :idunno:

Sadly not even an earthquake, a tsunami, a volcanic eruption and a nuclear meltdown can stop war in another county. If only.

The most devastating earthquake in recent history to hit a world power such as Japan inducing amongst other things, a nuclear incident and possibly 10,000 dead isn't worthy of a few days of news coverage?

Umm, am I remembering everything correctly? That thing, that thing that was like the most important international event since the invasion of Iraq? It's still pretty much still happening, right? They didn't just call it off because an earthquake hit Japan, right? :illogical

Yeah, so...maybe I'm just tired right now, but...I, like...thought it was important...??? :idunno:

Wha-? Ohhhhh , yyyyyeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh ...!

The most devastating earthquake in recent history to hit a world power such as Japan inducing amongst other things, a nuclear incident and possibly 10,000 dead isn't worthy of a few days of news coverage?

Not to mention the other effects that may or may not happen... It is worth all the news coveragage, ST86. Scientists better be researching, and not debating like jackasses... This is a delicate partition of the Earth that has created catastrophe("Ring of Fire"). This is serious business.

Not to mention the other effects that may or may not happen... It is worth all the news coveragage, ST86. Scientists better be researching, and not debating like jackasses... This is a delicate partition of the Earth that has created catastrophe("Ring of Fire"). This is serious business.

Indeed. You'll be glad to know that most scientists in the background on situations like this don't dick around like..... well, everybody else.

Indeed. You'll be glad to know that most scientists in the background on situations like this don't dick around like..... well, everybody else.

Are you talking about political; I mean publicly funded scientist? Yes, they are doing a fantastic job!!! ;)

Yeah there is still a war going on but it takes a back seat to the much more important ratings war. At the moment brand Tsunami with added nuclear meltdown is the market leader. Now if they could arrange for some white people to get killed in the crossfire Libwar with all new rising oil prices will be a best seller once again at least untill Charlie Sheens next interview.

Yeah there is still a war going on but it takes a back seat to the much more important ratings war. At the moment brand Tsunami with added nuclear meltdown is the market leader. Now if they could arrange for some white people to get killed in the crossfire Libwar with all new rising oil prices will be a best seller once again at least untill Charlie Sheens next interview.

Any need for that racist remark stroker??, if that was the other way round I am sure someone from an ethnic background would go running to the European Courts of Human Rights, demanding compensation......hey show me the way! :sarcasm:

This for the win. :D

I love how Sarah Palin "threatened" the Libyans if they touched a hair on an American head....

...three weeks after Obama got the Americans out of the country.

Anyhooos...we should be at war with them any time now. Funny thing...now even the hard-core military is saying that Afghanistan might be a waste of time and resources (ie: American soldier lives, but it's all commodity, right GOP?)...right around the time we could use those commodities in another oil-rich state.

I'm not really following how this is anywhere close to the Iraq war.

I would take Palin over the wavering clown Obama in a heartbeat. I hope he does nothing in the middle east, he's in over his head, BIGTIME! Just do your fucking brackets, chill out in Rio and hang out with some nachos and a beer. He's not for drilling offshore but he's a big supporter of Nuclear Power... Go figure.

I would take Palin over the wavering clown Obama in a heartbeat. I hope he does nothing in the middle east, he's in over his head, BIGTIME! Just do your fucking brackets, chill out in Rio and hang out with some nachos and a beer. He's not for drilling offshore but he's a big supporter of Nuclear Power... Go figure.

Can't tell if you're being serious.

I read Palin's book "Going Rouge"... Energy Independence (actually the country having an energy policy), secure the borders, getting involved in foreign affairs that only benefit us, smaller government,... yeah really crazy whacked out stuff ?

Sarah Palin's book was filled with stuff that made Sarah palin sounds really really really awesome?

Well I'm sold.

I read Palin's book "Going Rouge"... Energy Independence (actually the country having an energy policy), secure the borders, getting involved in foreign affairs that only benefit us, smaller government,... yeah really crazy whacked out stuff ?

"Going Rouge"? Curious. I thought Palin was steadfastly against the Red Menace.

It was, until the tsunami happened. And from the looks of it, looks like Japan could be in for some nasty surprises in the coming days/weeks/months...

"Going Rouge"? Curious. I thought Palin was steadfastly against the Red Menace.

:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

For the record Mr 666, it's "rogue", not "rouge."

She probably cut and pasted it from google or wiki anyway.......

To the OP:

MSM's taking the tsunami situation and running with it; even Bloomberg's gotten in on the act with graphs and charts on how the economy will be effected and gas prices increased. Seems like there's always a new excuse for raising gas prices......but I digress.

Hopefully nothing else horrific will happen and we can all get back to watching news on our regularly scheduled wars and mayhem.:sarcasm:

I'm not really following how this is anywhere close to the Iraq war.

This is a crucial battle in the pro-democracy wave that's shaking up the entire middle east. Which side wins, and which side the West supports, is going to have a bigger impact on Middle Eastern relations with the West than any single war possibly could. It could pretty much determine how things go over there for the next twenty or thirty years. Think the Islamic Revolution in Iran, but everywhere. That's what's at stake.

From the AP:

Addressing the Security Council, French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe said the world had to act to support Libya, following peaceful revolts against authoritarian leaders across the Arab world.
"The world is living one of its great revolutions that changes the course of history. In North Africa, the Persian Gulf, the Arab people are calling to breathe democracy," he said.
"In Libya, alas, for a number of weeks the people's will has been shot down to its feet by Colonel Kadhafi."
"We are ready and willing to act togther, including with Arab members. We have very little time left. It is a matter of days. Perhaps it is a matter of hours," Juppe said. "We should not arrive too late."
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/un-vote-clears-way-libya-air-strikes-20110317-155642-596.html

Personally, I feel like a useless **** for not finding my way down there and taking up a weapon myself. This is more important than a goddamn earthquake, people! Start pressuring someone for airstrikes!

If you actually READ books by Sarah Palin maybe you should stick to the silly forum. :)

If anyone wasn't following the news today, the U.N. Security Council approved the creation of a no-fly zone over Libya. The same resolution approves "all necessary measures" required to protect Libya's civilian population. That's pretty broad, and both France and Britain appear to be chomping at the bit to get started. I think Qaddafi might be well and truly FUBAR.

If anyone wasn't following the news today, the U.N. Security Council approved the creation of a no-fly zone over Libya. The same resolution approves "all necessary measures" required to protect Libya's civilian population. That's pretty broad, and both France and Britain appear to be chomping at the bit to get started. I think Qaddafi might be well and truly FUBAR.

It's about friggin time....though Obama is "reluctant" to commit to action...

What's New

5/31/2024
The TMF Chat Room is always busy. Stop in and see who is about!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back