• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Hey, so...there's still totally a war going on in Libya, right?

I was talking about this with a friend earlier today and brought up a very important point.

The Libyans killed Doc In Back to the Future.

Nuke 'em.

Okay, now we're getting somewhere. Here's where I think you're getting it wrong:

This all started with a popular uprising, similar to the ones in Egypt and Tunisia. The West didn't up and invade one day.

The reason this is now an international crisis is because Gadhafi decided to act like the lunatic he is and suppress the uprising with brutal military force. Again, at this point in the story we're still not doing anything. Even at a time when Gadhafi's own embassies were forsaking him, the West had yet to act in any significant way.

You're acting like this is our war of aggression against Gadhafi. This is about allowing the transfer of power in Libya from the dictator to his people that would have happened naturally if Gadhafi didn't have access to mercenaries and fighter-bombers. And it's the place of the international community to do exactly that, is it not?

I mean, should we not have intervened in Yugoslavia or Somalia either?

They stood silent in Egypt and Bahrain.....suddenly there's interest in Libya? Few want to admit it, but there are plenty of commercial.....oil....interests in that region that have gotten the world's attention. What happened nearly 30 years ago when US airstriked Libya? What is happening now? Go get the dictator and get him outta' there but don't engage in another never-ending, resources-sucking, lives-costing war. There are far more things to worry about than Muslims taking over the Middle East; call me when it's happening in the West. I am otherwise too busy fighting to keep my house and my daughter in college (by myself with no job and no help). And I'm not alone, I'm in the company of millions........

We don't have the resources to get entangled with these wars. We have over 10% unemployment (and that doesn't include those who's unemployment ran out or just gave up on finding a job). Our gas is $3.59/gal, and our food prices are rising daily; our dollar can't really buy crap.

America is NOT the world's police, nor should we have ever been. Let someone else step up to the plate this time. We are suffering right in the US and I can't remember the last time we had someone in office that gave a damn domestically.

First, think about what you just said:

Go get the dictator and get him outta' there

Good point, let's do that!

...but don't engage in another never-ending, resources-sucking, lives-costing war.
Oh. So get him without using any force then? How in the world are you not the National Security Advisor by now? How do you say two opposing things in one sentence all the time? :sarcasm:

But onto the important matter:

We don't have the resources to get entangled with these wars. We have over 10% unemployment (and that doesn't include those who's unemployment ran out or just gave up on finding a job). Our gas is $3.59/gal, and our food prices are rising daily; our dollar can't really buy crap.

You've purchased the most powerful, technologically advanced military force in history. Until you decide to disband most of it and use the money you've saved to buy everyone some healthcare, the least you can do is keep up with France on the international stage.

First, think about what you just said:

Good point, let's do that!

Oh. So get him without using any force then? How in the world are you not the National Security Advisor by now? How do you say two opposing things in one sentence all the time? :sarcasm:

That's NOT what I said......at all. Really, you know way better than this but I'll entertain you (for a moment anyway).

I said if you want him that bad, go get him. But he has promised a long war that is something the US can not afford no matter how much of a patriotic.....excuse....I mean spin gets put on it.

Here's a novel concept; since you're so overly concerned about the Muslims taking over, how about you and your country do it....alone....without US "intervention?" Or how about asking someone else to do it for once? We have plenty of domestic issues to be addressed; but if we concentrate on our issues, there won't be as many opportunities to make backroom deals with the devil while mainstream media reports the latest by Charlie Sheen or Lindsay Lohan.

But onto the important matter:

You've purchased the most powerful, technologically advanced military force in history. Until you decide to disband most of it and use the money you've saved to buy everyone some healthcare, the least you can do is keep up with France on the international stage.

I have no desire to do that for reasons already stated; we are NOT the world's police and it's about time someone else did the heavy lifting. We can take the money saved from not getting involved in someone else's business and spend it on job creation....then they can pay for their own healthcare.

See how that works?

I'm not of the same opinion of c7, but he's clearly not coming at this whole thing from the 'Islamophobia" angle. It's good that Gaddafi will (apparently) be thrown from power and it's probably good there's international intervention preventing him from bombing defensless protesters. I just don't think it necessarily has to be America doing it (since I don't buy this whole 'The West = America and only America' shit). They say Sarkozy got him a big time war-boner once this shit went down, let France handle it then.

I just don't see why America, who's constantly fucking up foreign intervention to begin with, needs to be spearheading it. Especially given the extreme likelihood it'll just end up blowing up in the U.S.'s face years from now.

I'm not of the same opinion of c7, but he's clearly not coming at this whole thing from the 'Islamophobia" angle. It's good that Gaddafi will (apparently) be thrown from power and it's probably good there's international intervention preventing him from bombing defensless protesters. I just don't think it necessarily has to be America doing it (since I don't buy this whole 'The West = America and only America' shit). They say Sarkozy got him a big time war-boner once this shit went down, let France handle it then.

I just don't see why America, who's constantly fucking up foreign intervention to begin with, needs to be spearheading it. Especially given the extreme likelihood it'll just end up blowing up in the U.S.'s face years from now.

The U.S. Foreign Policy is a credit bubble that is about ready to pop; just like the housing bubble. In macroeconomic terms, it's a debt bubble.

theres a west=America and only America opinion is there? lemme tell ya theres hundreds upon hundreds of dead soldier's families in the uk who would argue that point.

and as for the u.s "spearheading" the attack? figures in yesterday's papers showed the us were sending 40-odd jets. the uk? 70-odd. battle ships? u.s.a=0. uk=3 credit where its due, its not always about you guys.

theres a west=America and only America opinion is there? lemme tell ya theres hundreds upon hundreds of dead soldier's families in the uk who would argue that point.

and as for the u.s "spearheading" the attack? figures in yesterday's papers showed the us were sending 40-odd jets. the uk? 70-odd. battle ships? u.s.a=0. uk=3 credit where its due, its not always about you guys.

Right, which was my entire point. Why is it so important that America get involved, let the rest of the world handle shit.

I agree with C.E. in the last post, you guys are far closer to them than us. And, thank your troops for me. Every military personnel being sucked into that region deserves respect. I don't give a fuck about which country you originate from.

Right, which was my entire point. Why is it so important that America get involved, let the rest of the world handle shit.

and we will, as we do often when America isnt there to save us all. maybe obama is too busy "handleing shit" to notice the mounds of dead Brits in iraq and Afganistan so fuck it leave this one to us weve got good young men to spare. tell you what, nip in at the last and grab a bit of glory. go nuts! good to see our armed forces getting the respect they deserve for all theyve sacrificed...

and we will, as we do often when America isnt there to save us all. maybe obama is too busy "handleing shit" to notice the mounds of dead Brits in iraq and Afganistan so fuck it leave this one to us weve got good young men to spare. tell you what, nip in at the last and grab a bit of glory. go nuts! good to see our armed forces getting the respect they deserve for all theyve sacrificed...

Are you drunk or some shit? You seem like you're digging for a reason to be offended.

Are you drunk or some shit? You seem like you're digging for a reason to be offended.

no mate i just dont like the way you all seem to presume it will be the usa "spearheading" the attack when, if you look at the figures nothing could be further from the truth. the usa will play an invaluable part as always as it should as the west's main super power. just try to remember your not the only ones fighting all these stupid fucking wars and show due respect.

no mate i just dont like the way you all seem to presume it will be the usa "spearheading" the attack when, if you look at the figures nothing could be further from the truth. the usa will play an invaluable part as always as it should as the west's main super power. just try to remember your not the only ones fighting all these stupid fucking wars and show due respect.

With all due respect, don't blame the Americans. Our domestic media is to blame. I look at other resources(foreign media), that helps paint a better picture... Most Independents in America find this hard to swallow, but their is military forces outside of North America.

No mate I'm actually saying the U.S. can literally do fuck all and the job will still get done and am of the opinion that's what should have happened.

Except it seems that ol Merica actually has taken the role of leading this whole affair. You know, spearheaded it.

Which, again, I think is bullshit.

...youve linked a quote from your secretary of state saying "we did not lead this" to back up your point that you lead this? good work. but dont worry i see what your getting at, the American paper then goes on to say the usa is in fact leading the attack. didnt see that from an American paper...so put spearheading in italics all you want it was you who used that word first love.

but im curious. how long would you have America sit back and do nothing on the world stage while the rest of us "handle shit" before stepping in again? because thats how it works isnt it? you can be the big super power until there a row you dont fancy, at which point you say 'we will do fuck all and the job will still get done' or 'i dont see why it has to be America doing it'.

i want to make it clear at this point that this isnt a dig at America. i love the relationship our countries have and i think we would both be alot worse off without it i just wish sometimes the respect travelled both ways.

...youve linked a quote from your secretary of state saying "we did not lead this" to back up your point that you lead this? good work. but dont worry i see what your getting at, the American paper then goes on to say the usa is in fact leading the attack.

Jesus Christ, I'm not even sure you comprehend what I'm trying to say anymore. Fucking hell man.

(spoiler: the **** is lying, and we're leading the fucking thing anyway, in turn pissing off everyone)

but im curious. how long would you have America sit back and do nothing on the world stage while the rest of us "handle shit" before stepping in again? because thats how it works isnt it? you can be the big super power until there a row you dont fancy, at which point you say 'we will do fuck all and the job will still get done' or 'i dont see why it has to be America doing it'.

I would have America sit there and then keep fucking sitting there. I wouldn't have had America do a Goddamn thing. If I had my way we'd all be sitting in an isolationist paradise handling domestic politics. I don't want to intervene in anything anywhere, and every goddamn post I've made should have made that evident.

i want to make it clear

Then I'll take that as my cue to make repeated, indignant rants about this opinion. Same courtesy, eh?

(spoiler: the **** is lying, and we're leading the fucking thing anyway, in turn pissing off everyone)

I was watching from the sidelines until you went ahead and posted this. By no means would I call myself a fan of Hillary Clinton, but that's totally uncalled for.

I think that with the state the economy is in and the fact that the US is still engaged in two wars this was the last thing we needed to commit to .

I was watching from the sidelines until you went ahead and posted this. By no means would I call myself a fan of Hillary Clinton, but that's totally uncalled for.

I disagree. By a lot. And I used to be a pretty big Hillary Clinton fan.

Jesus Christ, I'm not even sure you comprehend what I'm trying to say anymore. Fucking hell man.

I would have America sit there and then keep fucking sitting there. I wouldn't have had America do a Goddamn thing. If I had my way we'd all be sitting in an isolationist paradise handling domestic politics. I don't want to intervene in anything anywhere, and every goddamn post I've made should have made that evident.

relax mate no need to get so aggitated. none of us want to intervene in it. the point is if your gona claim the title of the west's leading light you have duties. fuck it even if you dont we still have ridiculous, pathetic obligations that do not allow us to sit back and watch while people are massacred even if you would have America do just that. i know what a bitch ay?

Name-calling like that shouldn't have any place in political discourse. Way to stoop to the same level as the Tea Party morons.

Do pardon me if my choice of wording in regards to my petty outrage about having elected officials lying to me again about military action in a third country offends your sensibilities.

relax mate no need to get so aggitated. none of us want to intervene in it. the point is if your gona claim the title of the west's leading light you have duties. fuck it even if you dont we still have ridiculous, pathetic obligations that do not allow us to sit back and watch while people are massacred even if you would have America do just that. i know what a bitch ay?

They obviously need to stop doing that, too. Fuck this world police shit.

Nothing is un-called for in regards to the Clintons. they just need to stay out of Foreign Policy, and have an extended family away from the camera and teleprompter.

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back