• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

How do "How do I come across?" threads come across?

:bubbleheart:The whole thing reminds me of the lets post a thread about cliques storm we went through a while back as Snail alluded to..

Skip posted a thread asking for feed back and suddenly evryone had to have one of their own.....

Of all of the folks that have one, i think y'all come across as real people same as people I meet off forum every day....cept with a special connection we all share which makes it extra cool...

It should be quite evident that we all come across differently depending on the time of day, so there really isnt much to worry about...:bubbleheart:

Yeh, but Skip, you've got over 3,000 posts behind you. Don't you think if you felt as though you were not potraying yourself accurately, you would have felt that 2,000 posts ago?

And what is "potraying yourself accurately" meant to mean? If you're not portraying yourself accurately, you're not being true to yourself full stop.

-Xionking

It didn't occur to me until a conversation I had with a friend. We discussed how people can sometimes give a different vibe online than in person, unintentionally and possibly without even realizing it. It got me wondering how I come across...and thus the thread was born :)

By portraying myself accurately, I really meant are my posts portraying me accurately. Words on a screen can be read with any tone and attitude behind them, not necessarily the one intended, so it could be easy for misunderstandings or miscommunications to occur. And therefore, my posts would not my portraying me accurately :) Ya dig?

It didn't occur to me until a conversation I had with a friend. We discussed how people can sometimes give a different vibe online than in person, unintentionally and possibly without even realizing it. It got me wondering how I come across...and thus the thread was born :)

By portraying myself accurately, I really meant are my posts portraying me accurately. Words on a screen can be read with any tone and attitude behind them, not necessarily the one intended, so it could be easy for misunderstandings or miscommunications to occur. And therefore, my posts would not my portraying me accurately :) Ya dig?

I dig, indeed.

-Xionking

I think they are silly. But that is just me. I just don't understand why people seem to care so much what others think of them. As long as you don't feel like a horrible person I'm sure your not. :omg:

lol. Yes, as proven by you everytime you post something like this.

Something like what?

Just trying to get involved and have fun.

Unless you're just trying to carry out someone's legacy. :shrug:

Ummm...OK. Ya know, even though you're not required to follow the same rules as the rest of us, can you please just try to stay on topic anyway?

I think they give folks an oppurtunity to be honest.

I think it's apparent some folks just aren't ready for honest answers.

I've thought about doing one, but with my track record, I'd apparently just be seeking attention, because I'm shallow like that.

Hard to argue with that.

Now we're back on topic :headpat:

Not so much - the people who are gonna give me compliments, I already know how they feel, cause most of them are my friends. I'm more interested in knowing how the folks I *don't* talk to on a regular basis feel. And really, the thread has become incredibly enlightening, and I'm very glad people had a chance to tell me how they feel.

I think it's important to remember that some people aren't going to be honest, and some people have an axe to grind. I can see how such a "discussion" could be enlightening... but in all likelihood, the most truthful, valuable answers are the ones you'll never hear.

As for how the "How do I come across" threads come across... I'm torn between needy/insecure and desirous of self-reflection. I think this is mainly determined by whose thread it is; whatever I already think about the person is what I'll think about the thread. So much for objectivity. :p

I think it's important to remember that some people aren't going to be honest, and some people have an axe to grind. I can see how such a "discussion" could be enlightening... but in all likelihood, the most truthful, valuable answers are the ones you'll never hear.

This is an interesting comment. Could you elaborate?

Uh...huh? *blinks* I wasn't making this because they annoyed me. I made it because I thought it'd be a fun thread, with all of the others being made recently.

I'm afraid your thread about how the "How do I come across" threads come across comes across as... sigh. :facepalm:

This is an interesting comment. Could you elaborate?

On a thread like the one you began, you'll tend to get comments from people who really like you, and people who really hate you. And they'll all say about what you'd expect them too. However, the silent majority of people who read your posts don't lean strongly one way or the other, and thus would be able to view you more objectively. Their perceptions would be the most accurate... if they only cared enough to bother posting to tell you what they thought.

This is one of the main problems with nonrandom surveys of any kind. The passionate few who make their thoughts known are not necessarily representative of the population as a whole. :)

On a thread like the one you began, you'll tend to get comments from people who really like you, and people who really hate you. And they'll all say about what you'd expect them too. However, the silent majority of people who read your posts don't lean strongly one way or the other, and thus would be able to view you more objectively. Their perceptions would be the most accurate... if they only cared enough to bother posting to tell you what they thought.

This is one of the main problems with nonrandom surveys of any kind. The passionate few who make their thoughts known are not necessarily representative of the population as a whole. :)

Ahh I see now. That's a very good point - and one I hadn't thought of. Hopefully, if my thread stays alive much longer I'll get some honest, objective points of view :)

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back