• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

How do YOU come across

-Hari-

3rd Level Indigo Feather
How do you think you come across?

Do you think its different to what other people think?

Does it frustrate you when people get the wrong idea?

How would you LIKE to come across?

Well - if you had asked me this a few days ago I would have said..*ahem*

I think I come across as a silly, friendly, big-mouth whose bark is big but whose bite is nonexistant :p

However, I have, indeed, been taken somewhat differently by some members. Apparently I come across abrasive and aggressive to some members who don't know me :(

I WANT to come across as the former. I never want anyone to be offended by me. I have strong opinions, and I'm blunt to a fault. I get involved in heated discussions, and will repeat myself incessently to get my point across. All this having been said, I never purposely take low blows, and I never want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Of course it's super frustrating that some folks around here seem to be getting the wrong idea of how I want to portray myself, and I never want anybody to feel like they have to avoid me. But at this point all I can do is try to be more aware of how I come across (without changing my personality or feeling the need to walk on eggshells) and hope for the best :D

Ok, I'll bite on this one...

Often times, I think I come across as a total smartass who really contributes nothing except to irritate those around me. Sure, I have friends and I interact with many people on the forum, but sometimes I think I go too far and piss people off. Years ago, that would have bothered me. But I dealt with being taken the wrong way most of my life and decided long ago that it's not worth getting bent about when someone judges me without actually getting to KNOW me.

Beyond that, I have no clue. It'd be better to ask others what they think of me since it's their perception.

I just find it interesting that so many are quick to ask other peoples opinions of them but less seem happy to comment on what they think of themselves.

Ive always loved how we understand/act like we understand eachother more than we understand ourselves.

Should we take eachothers word for it or be confident in ourselves and what we think?

We once gotten into a quick disagreement over a response I made to a female member of the forum. Where my reply to you was referencing the Lone Ranger. Along with a few other issues I had dealing with Mods in the pass concerning other members of the community.

People believe what they want to believe; they take it the way they believe they hear or read it. People beliefs come from either what someone else told them or by reading previous posts you made.

I have came to the believe that I am not going to be popular with everyone no matter how hard I try. So, I just stop trying; if people like me fine, if they don't fine it's their lost not mines.

Life too short to care.

I think I come across as too aggressive and/or confrontational. It's not always done conciously, I've been aware of doing it many times. I've learned that if you reveal too much of your real feelings, instead of covering them, then there's a better chance you'll get hurt.

Other then that, I'm just Jo.

We once gotten into a quick disagreement over a response I made to a female member of the forum. Where my reply to you was referencing the Lone Ranger. Along with a few other issues I had dealing with Mods in the pass concerning other members of the community.

People believe what they want to believe; they take it the way they believe they hear or read it. People beliefs come from either what someone else told them or by reading previous posts you made.

I have came to the believe that I am not going to be popular with everyone no matter how hard I try. So, I just stop trying; if people like me fine, if they don't fine it's their lost not mines.

Life too short to care.

The Wiz right? wooah, that was AGES ago right? was I even a mod back then?

Anyway, I agree, you will never be popular with everyone, imagine if you were!! you wouldnt knwo how to appreciate it.

So your view of yourself is that people are quick to judge based on what they see you write/say, and that it doesnt frustrate you because intent is all that matters?

On occasion, I come across like an absolute asshole, whose outlook seems superior to those around me. Often, I can care less what others think about me, since there is nothing that they can do about it, but except it or discount it.

Every now and then, I become this sensitive tart who shows emotion and empathy for other individuals in this forum. Sometimes I care too much about what others think of me, as I become a whore for attention.

OMG, I come across like a fuckin’ Frosted Shredded Wheat commercial.

Dunno. I've been told I'm a bigger sweetheart on the TMF than I am over AIM or in real life. *shurgs*

Snail Shell

I try to come across as Switzerland...i.e. staying out of the way of trouble. I hope I'm succeeding.

Honestly though I've learned to not care what people think of me, nice or mean or anything else.

Ha. A lot of people think I'm a stuck up bitch probably, but I'm pretty nice. Shy and a bit soft spoken at first, but a huge smart ass once I'm comfortable with a person.

Outside of that, I'm the same in person as I am on here.

1. With a severe case of mood shifts. Angry, happy, loving, sarcastic, obsessed with brownies, hateful, random, obsessed with domo-kuns, batshit crazy, thoughtful, mocking, obsessed with vidya games, smartassy, obessed with brownies.

2. Probably not, except I come across as more of a dick/batshit crazy/secretly intelligent enough to be intelligent but hiding it behind a facade of sarcasm and lack of seriousness.

3. Yes. I want people to hate me for who I am, not what they've heard. :D

4. Uh.......raincheck?

I think I probably come off as an annoying air headed stuck up bitch real life version of a barbie doll. I could be wrong?

I am the hugger around here. I am too friendly at times- I know that is a good thing and a bad thing at the same time. I am a big softy or your best freind but tick me off and the evil twin sister comes out.

I dont know how do you see me.

On occasion, I come across like an absolute asshole, whose outlook seems superior to those around me. Often, I can care less what others think about me, since there is nothing that they can do about it, but except it or discount it.

Every now and then, I become this sensitive tart who shows emotion and empathy for other individuals in this forum. Sometimes I care too much about what others think of me, as I become a whore for attention.

OMG, I come across like a fuckin’ Frosted Shredded Wheat commercial.

yes knoxxy you do have a sensative side which shows you care about ppl which is a good thing for I see you as the one I can talk to about anything with out passing judgement and your a awsome encourager and yes you can be a smart ass at times but you do it all in fun. Luvs ya friend.

To most people I think I come across as sarcastic and funny. I think they see me as someone who is usually optimistic. I do think that to people who don't know me I can sometimes be a tad standoffish because I don't want to offend them with the things that I say, but once I get to know them better I will joke with them like I do everyone else. Though I like to joke around, I think people who know me also realize that I know when to be serious and that I can have serious conversations. I imagine they see me as loyal and fair (except undergrads students, to them my grading is always unfair). I hope I have given the people who know me the impression that if they ever need me they only need to call me and I will do whatever I can to help out. That's all I can really think of at the moment but I'm sure there are other things.

I am not sure. I probably come across very opinionated. somewhat blunt, overly sarcastic, vulgar, and demented depends on the wish I am corrupting...

No I think I come across basically the same... though I am sure some people think I am an asshole, or concieted... i have probably been labeled as a dick by some.

I think it is frustrating when people take me seriously.. because seriously when am I ever serious... maybe 20 or 30 posts out of however many I have made?

I would like to come across with the smoothness of Billy Dee Williams with a Colt 45 and the voice of Barry White rolled into a cracker like me.

I try to come across genuine and maybe just a little flirty! I definitely like to show people the real me.

i think i come off as someone who repetitively tries and fails....
also a pit self pitying.

What's New

4/29/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums to see who is meeting when and where!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back