• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Is it OK to Laugh at the Mentally Ill?

It's a case of enjoying how the mighty have fallen.

In this economy, it's tough to feel sorry for someone who walks away from a 2million/wk paycheck then pisses on the very ones that made him a household name.

Sure people are hating on Sheen and the media can't manage to find the ability to leave that man alone and let him work his issues out. This is what they consider news; I find it exceptionally pathetic to pick on that man the way they have.

As the parent of a mentally challenged adult, I'd fight tooth and nail for my son's privacy while we figure out what the hell's going on because something's definitely wrong with Sheen; he's either on something or coming off something.

But in answer to your question, no what's going on with him is a far cry from funny.......:sowrong:

No matter what anyone's moral view point is, none of us can choose what we find funny. We can only curse ourselves after the fact.

He created his own mental illness and continues to do so, so I say laugh on.

He is eating up the attention and playing the publicity for all its worth.....

I reckon Charlies fair game Its not as if he is a confused frightened and lonely man trying to escape his demons ( and its certainly not ok to laugh at someone in that situation ). Dear old Charlie seems to revel in taking his issues to the max and shouting to the world CHECK ME OUT.

He created his own mental illness and continues to do so, so I say laugh on.

And how does one create their own mental illness?

He might have self medicated with the drugs and alcohol, but that by no means equates to creating his mental illness.

Care to elaborate??

This society has a rather paradoxical relationship with stars. One the one hand, they're revered; on the other, they're gawked at mercilessly. I do neither. Introduce me to Al Pacino, or introduce me to Bugman of this site, and my response will be exactly the same: I'll extend my hand and say "Pleasure to meet you." Being as I don't have a TV set, I didn't even know who Charlie Sheen was until this happened, and now, I think the people inviting him for interviews are the ones who should stop.

And how does one create their own mental illness?

He might have self medicated with the drugs and alcohol, but that by no means equates to creating his mental illness.

Care to elaborate??

I think she's saying that aggressively destroying your own brain through the reckless consumption of drugs, alcohol, and expensive pussy effectively makes you responsible for your pathetic state once the ride gets bumpy. :microsmiley:

I think it's sad, and I wouldn't do it, honestly. People are so spiteful towards him all of a sudden, and it really feels like schadenfreude more than anything. More or less, the interest is typical tabloid stuff; ''It's so nice to know my problems are nothing compared to this guy's, and HE'S famous! Hah, what a fuck-up.'' They just want someone to hate.

I think she's saying that aggressively destroying your own brain through the reckless consumption of drugs, alcohol, and expensive pussy effectively makes you responsible for your pathetic state once the ride gets bumpy. :microsmiley:

Well, that might be a good starting point, but no one "creates" their mental illness. That person might use drugs or alcohol to fight the demons (which we all know doesn't work) but it still doesn't cover the statement IMO.

I appreciate your interpretation, but still look forward to Annie Hall's response.

It's not mental illness. He's just Hunter S. Thompson reincarnated.

I'd have to ask why he felt compelled to drink to excess and do drugs. He may have been looking for a way to escape and then once he got too deep in it, he couldn't stop.

He still needs to get help though, he is neck deep in denial.

I'm going to be crystal clear, and say this disclaimer before posting a reply. I'm NOT attacking the OP here, but rather, expressing my displeasure about the title of this thread, and its implication, for this reason..

The title of.. "Is it okay to laugh at the mentally ill", is.. in my view, presented as cruel, because, there are many types of "mentally ill", including those who are under psychatric care for their illness, those who are hospitalized, and those who are homeless. I feel it is cruel to laugh at those people.

Now, as to the situation with Charlie Sheen, and the subject of this thread. I'm not "laughing at him". However, I do not feel sorry for him, one bit. The man is nothing more than an ungrateful, spoiled, snot nose star who isn't appreciative of the success he has.

I think that the media gives Sheen WAY too much coverage. His treatment, or lack thereof, should be between his family, himself, his doctors, and the network that employs him.

Hopefully, for his own sake, the sake of his family, and the sake of the costars and fans, he will get help, and get himself treatment.

Mitch

I'm going to be crystal clear, and say this disclaimer before posting a reply. I'm NOT attacking the OP here, but rather, expressing my displeasure about the title of this thread, and its implication, for this reason..

The title of.. "Is it okay to laugh at the mentally ill", is.. in my view, presented as cruel, because, there are many types of "mentally ill", including those who are under psychatric care for their illness, those who are hospitalized, and those who are homeless. I feel it is cruel to laugh at those people.

Now, as to the situation with Charlie Sheen, and the subject of this thread. I'm not "laughing at him". However, I do not feel sorry for him, one bit. The man is nothing more than an ungrateful, spoiled, snot nose star who isn't appreciative of the success he has.

I think that the media gives Sheen WAY too much coverage. His treatment, or lack thereof, should be between his family, himself, his doctors, and the network that employs him.

Hopefully, for his own sake, the sake of his family, and the sake of the costars and fans, he will get help, and get himself treatment.

Mitch

Yeah, I feel a lot worse for his family and those who care about him. I guess if he wants to down in flames thats his choice but he should think about how he's affecting others. Especially his daughters.

The squares never get performance art, man.

(and yes, it is ok, secretly).

He makes daffy Kadafi look like a slightly more sane despot

But all his interviews are "exclusive"....and he is the crazy one? I do not know what his tox screen, STD score(whore)card, or Rorshack(wasn't that a B-52's hit or the guy on Kotter?) test would say. It does seem like he will join the list of Parnell Roberts(Bonanza) and Mclean Stevenson(MASH) as throwing away a part on a #1 TV show. Maybe it is just a publicity stunt by his (mis)handlers. What the network bigwigs will decide will be interesting. #1 shows don't just happen. I feel sorry for his kids. Maybe Berta should give him some hot monkey love as an attitude adjustment. That would be great for sweeps week.

If you're genuinely tired of Charlie Sheen, then stop paying attention to anything that smacks of a celeb obsession. But then, you can't, can you?

For a second or so, I actually toyed with getting a Twitter account just to see what he's tweeting (and it seems to be he's tweeting once every two minutes or so). But then, I changed my mind. It's not enough of an excuse to get Twitter.

Look, say what you will, but what he's doing is entertaining me. I think he's hilarious. Right now, he's America's 'Class Clown'. Since I think Official Society and Those Who Pass Judgement are more full of shit than he is, I'm laughing right there with him. They don't know what to do with him. Keep it up, Charlie! Here, hold on a second- I'm heading over to the microwave to make popcorn.

Hey it's ok, I laugh at everybody on the Forum at one time or another (except for Obama666 he just isn't funny), and you will never find a bigger grouping of mentaly ill people then here at the TMF (myself included of course).

Last edited:
Hey it's ok, I laugh at everybody on the Forum at one time or another ............., and you will never find a bigger grouping of mentaly ill people then here at TMF (myself included of course).

Ha!

You definitely have a point!:jester:

What's New

6/10/2024
Check out the TMF Chat Room for real time conversation with other community members! It's free!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back