• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

OK...Let's get a nose count with this hurricane

Update.

Not long after I typed the above message the power failed, and stayed off. I'm posting from work.

There is significant flooding in Schenectady County, huge parts of the major highways are closed. GE main plant seems closed. Getting in and out of town is difficult as all ways in but the eastern most ones are under water.

There are several building collapses in Troy, and all the bridges in and out of the city are shut down. This is due to the 'great escape' of many boats from the upstream boat docks, including a huge industrial barge. They are bouncing down the Hudson banging into stuff, including the bridges.

The Town of Windom seems to have been hit very hard, with its downtown erased.

Vermont is seeing flooding that has topped 100 year + records.

Lots of evacuations all over as rivers are cresting all over. Gilbowa Dam held, (though the words barely have been used) mostly it's because someone made a call to dump a third of the water it had been holding in reserve in the day before the storm.

A few hundred thousand have no power locally.

But I am well, no deaths or significant injuries locally that I have heard about.

Myriads

My power went out again at midnight and didnt come back on until noon today. all should be well now.

Just got power back today after it being down for 20 hours....Internet has been back for 15 minutes....Yay!...We were prepared for the worse so no problems here....and the boy gets his first two school days off...go figure...

Beware as Hurricane Katia is now formed and following the same general path as Irene did at the beginning....we will know more details by Thursday...

I think porcelaindoll is fine, she has been posting on Fetlife. Everyone is a'okay here in Virginia ^.^

I am home safe after a horrible trip back. :eek:
I arrived in Baltimore on time on Friday. All was normal until Sunday morning when the power in my brother's house went off and Amtrak canceled all trains along the Northeast corridor. I called them the reschedule to Monday at 10am.

My 10am train to NY left one hour late and terminated in Philadelphia since all service between there and Boston is suspended. Ugh.

I rented a car at the 30th Street Station in Philadelphia. Very heavy traffic on the NJ Turnpike made the drive to NYC take over 3 hours. :pukefight:

But I arrived home safely after returning the rental car. :D

I am home safe after horrible trip back. :eek:
I arrived in Baltimore on time on Friday. All was normal until Sunday morning when the power in my brother's house went off and Amtrak canceled all trains along the Northeast corridor. I called them the reschedule to Monday at 10am.

My 10am train to NY left one hour late and terminated in Philadelphia since all service between there and Boston is suspended. Ugh.

I rented a car at the 30th Street Station. Very heavy traffic on the NJ Turnpike make the drive take over 3 hours. :pukefight:

But I am home safely now. :D

Glad you iz back safe and sound my good friend. :bounce: :boogie:

Me and all your Armada buddies were worried about you. :happyhop:

I'm glad to see that you're back.

I am home safe after a horrible trip back. :eek:

I rented a car at the 30th Street Station in Philadelphia. Very heavy traffic on the NJ Turnpike made the drive to NYC take over 3 hours. :pukefight:

But I arrived home safely after returning the rental car. :D

^However going to Baltimore was not a good bet as my cousin said they were without power for most of the day.^

Just got the power back on after 36 hours. Lost all the stuff in the fridge and freezer. But, Helena's house is still standing. :D

Just got the power back on after 36 hours. Lost all the stuff in the fridge and freezer. But, Helena's house is still standing. :D

Glad you are ok hun and back safe and sound. :wub: :ily: :twohugs: :cuddle: Sorry about the food. :(

Well, kered already mentioned that we're ok. But, I thought I'd post myself. We were totally prepared for a flooded cellar and the possibility of the neighbors tree crashing through our roof and to lose power for a week. When all was said and done, we had one tiny little twig of a branch in the driveway. We went out for a walk yesterday to survey the area. While we were fine, those around us weren't so fortunate. There was major flooding all around us.

My laptop is acting up. So, I won't post more here right now. For pics and vids, friend me on FB here... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001104348813 You can read all about it.

Bottom line...We're fine. No power loss. No damage. Thank-you, Lord!

EDIT: Here's just one of the many vids up of the flooding. This is just a few blocks from our house. We saw the same type of thing in every direction. Never thought of our little neighborhood as an island before. But, it became one. Guess that's what happens when you have 9.5 inches of rain in about 13 hours time. Check it out...

******** width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IOjc-sUlADI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>***********

Orrrr....just click here... http://www.youtube.com/embed/IOjc-sUlADI

Last edited:
Yeti and I are accounted for. We had no power all of Sunday but survived. The creek behind us was turned into a river Saturday night but back to normal now. Work had no power but still had to work.

I'm just fine. However I did kill a few people out of the frustration of my basement still flooding despite having a brand new sump pump plus battery backup running at the same damn time.

Glad to hear that you are okay.

^I have a friend in the Baltimore area who purchased dry ice for her refrigerator and freezer.^

There is a road here that is blocked by a big tree that is down along with the wires.

With hindsight I would have stayed home. But I did enjoy Friday and Saturday there. :D
C'mon Mils, you love the challenge! Glad you are OK.

Yeti and I are accounted for. We had no power all of Sunday but survived. The creek behind us was turned into a river Saturday night but back to normal now. Work had no power but still had to work.
Good! Yeti's are good luck, it seems.

I'm just fine. However I did kill a few people out of the frustration of my basement still flooding despite having a brand new sump pump plus battery backup running at the same damn time.
Well....who among us hasn't killed out of frustration. Could happen to anybody!

As I knew it would! You are just too tough to take down!! Glad you are OK!

hello, it's me.....

well thankfully we finally got power back in the middle of last night, pretty scary time right here on the LI sound side of CT!! One house on our block had 2 trees down on it and my next door neighbor had a tree come within feet of the house and I saw it happening just when I thought the storm had calmed down! We slept in the downstairs of our raised ranch for Sat and Sun eve as a precaution as trees were just too close to my bedroom and my kids bedroom for my taste in a storm. By monday we were able to BBQ outside. Did not buy too much for the fridge before the storm so we did not lose much! Last night just went with the family to the outback steakhouse and then took my kids to best buy to play around! Could not really go to the beach area or parks as they were closed for cleanup. We also played a lot of old fashioned board games!

So JPie and family is well and accounted for!! Oh and Ray....I so hope your wrong about the next storm...I think it is too early to predict!

We were lucky in RI. I'm inland a few miles and wasn't much water damage along the Bay nearby but many houses have trees leaning up against them. I just had small branches and twigs to cut up. Lost power long enough to lose refrigerated food but freezer stuff seems fine. My guess is that Katia is more of a Canadian Maritimes threat. We'll see!

Oh and Ray....I so hope your wrong about the next storm...I think it is too early to predict!

Glad you're back up! As for the next, it will depend on the speed and early track. If it shifts north and doesn't move too quickly, the jet stream dip will push it out to sea. If not...? We'll see. It could barrel head-on into the Carolinas or be turned north by any possible remnants of the system that comes into the Gulf ahead of it. Let's hope it catches that jet stream!

I'm from Queens.... no power outages, no flooding, no structural damage.

Stayed up all night with three good friends on my porch. Raincoats kept us dry and bourbon kept us warm... pretty boring, to say the least.

By the time it reached Massachusetts it was a tropical storm. Lots of branches on the ground but that's it for me.

Haven't heard back from Lee. But, Mandy appears to be fine. She's been posting on FB.

I'm glad all of you guys are okey. Can't imagine how it's like to be in a middle of a storm like that, with no power or anything for 20-48 hours. What do you do in situations like that? Sit and wait?

There are nearly a quarter million household that STILL don't have power here in CT. Many of them are so cut off my all the downed trees that crews can't even get at the lines to start fixing things. I'm reminded daily how blessed Drew & I were to be spared any damage or power loss.

What's New

6/15/2024
If you need to report a post the report button is on its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back