• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Primetime cable tv reality Tickling show?

j-e-l-l-o

TMF Poster
Do you think that would be a Good idea to have a big boardcasting network like nbc or abc or something come up with an all Tickling reality show? and if so do you think the general public would tune in and watch it and more importantly enjoy it?

Later:tickle:

I'm sure everybody on this forum would love a show like that, but I doubt that concept would ever work w/the mainstream viewing public. People who don't share our love of tickling would be bored, just like I'd be bored watching an S&M/bondage reality show. The networks always try to come up with a show that appeals to as many people as possible, and let's face it, outside of places like the TMF, tickling isn't as mainstream as we'd like it to be. Most people don't consider tickling weird, they just don't love it like we do.

I'll make a promise to you right here and now...if a billion dollars dropped on my head tomorrow (and assuming I survive the ensuing coma), it would be first on my list :)

Would certainly be a permanent money drain, but hey, what the hell else would you do with a billion dollars?

Besides ya know, saving the world and such

You really think it will never happen in the history of the world ever? I think it will considering what they can get away with on t.v these days I think eventually they'll be shows to cater for nearly every fetish along with a whole line of other controversial shows that we would consider completley outrages now. Not to mention the amount of channels that we'll have. You think about it, it wasn't so long ago that they wouldn't play 'Mac the Knife' on the radio because they deemed it too violent but its only been a couple of decades and look at what we can get away with now.:D

maybe when digital cable gets a 10,000 channel capability, we'll be channel 10,000....LOL

dtrell said:
maybe when digital cable gets a 10,000 channel capability, we'll be channel 10,000....LOL

I think that possiblity is rapidly approaching us faster than we think :D :cool:

soleshine said:
Now, what kinds of events or segments would a show like this feature? :)

Use your imagination!
In fact that should be a new thread "segments of a tickling show"
:p :p

While this is something that I would love to see there are actually
two problems with the idea.

1. I just read an article that stated "Reality" show are on the
way out. There will be only one new "Reality" show on the
networks fall schedules. There will be an American Idol 3
but not until January. Haven't heard anything about a new
Survivor. Personally I haven't watched any of it.

2. As someone else noted, Ticklefiles would eat this show up.
But it would be boring to most others. I really don't see
the people on my job talking about the great tickling last
night on that show while gathered around the water cooler.

I would love to see it but I just don't think its time has come.
It would probably show up as it has in the past as a segment of
a larger show of people doing stupid things for money like
Endurance out of Japan or the famos Mexican game show where
the middle-aged woman is shown trying to keep a straight face
while a goat licks honey off of her gorgeous soles. I still
love that clip.

It is too bad that a show like that doesn't exist. It would be
a great way to find out how many of your friends are into tickling
by asking them if they like the show.

:D

Reality TV is going to continue to get bigger for a while yet in my opinion. There will be at least one more season of Survivor and Fear Factor (the two that I happen to like). And MTV has about six series running that it won't be dropping anytime soon.

But more importantly reality TV is dirt cheap compared to other forms of entertainment. Basically you can pick 5-10 performers from almost the entire population, and get them to be your show for an entire season by promising to give ONE of them about 1/15th of the budget of a sitcom. :)

So from an amateurs point of view, as long as the economy is in a stall, networks will look favorably on reality TV. :)

But I don't think there's any market at all for a tickling-themed show unless it had some kind of other spin to it besides the tickling... off the top of my head I can't imagine what that would be. Maybe like the tickling wrestling thing they have on the internet somewhere, although that seems to have been unpopular enough to not ever go past the initial concept.

i agree jeff...thats basically what i meant by my post that itll never happen...too small of a niche.

bigbear_92801 said:
I really don't see
the people on my job talking about the great tickling last
night on that show while gathered around the water cooler.

I would love to see it but I just don't think its time has come.
It would probably show up as it has in the past as a segment of
a larger show of people doing stupid things for money like
Endurance out of Japan or the famos Mexican game show where
the middle-aged woman is shown trying to keep a straight face
while a goat licks honey off of her gorgeous soles. I still
love that clip.

:D

You never know, reality TV has become so popular people will probly talk about anything to get their mind off the real world?

That Mexican game show clip is classic, too bad its the only one, maybe we should write to studios about a pilot for a show like this! :eek: :rolleyes: :)

Is the story about Yaqi posted anyway... or any information about anything? I've only barely heard of Howard Stern from a small (bad) tickling clip of.... whatshername... the nice girl that was wearing pink or something... apparently came the week after Pamela Anderson or something. Eitherway, dunno anything about this stuff... only hear of it occasionally.

hmm

hmm, but it could work as an idea for a series for the stories section... I like the idea.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back