• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

really hard decision

JPie1

Verified
reflecting on my dog's life this morning, Misty our lovable dalmation will be 15 years old in 2 weeks. She has had a long happy life with us. Lately she is falling on her behind a lot and cries at night. She pees sometimes on herself and a lot in the house, she has trouble going up and down the stairs. She still ea...ts ok but sleeps most of the time. It is heartbreak to know when it is time.

I just broke out in tears reading this.

You're right, it's so difficult when you realize that maybe it's time. I've been there before but the one thing that helped me get through it is knowing that I loved my dog so much that I didn't want him to suffer anymore. It was one of the most agonizing decisions I've ever had to make but I knew it was the right thing to do.

I'm really sorry that you have to go through this. :( :twohugs:

Jpie, I'm very sorry to hear about what you are going through with your dog. Letting a pet go is a very difficult decision.

My aunt had to put her 17 year old dog to sleep. When she did so, she was hysterical crying. My aunt was so attached to that dog, that she and her domestic partner used to force feed the dog down its throat, to try and keep it alive. Finally, she had to let it go.

I had to give my dog away when my parents divorced. My mom and I were heartbroken. About a year later, we had heard she was run over in her new owner's driveway. I was in college at the time. My mom said she cried for two days after she heard the news.

Amazing how much our little furry friends affect our lives.

Mitch

I'm sorry you're going through that, JPie. I don't have a dog, but I do have a cat that was one of my first pets..ever. He's getting much older and is having Kidney issues. We had to put his sister down a few years ago for the same problem that got out of hand. It's always hard having a pet because we all know the inevitable will happen. Just try to remember all the good times you had with her and know that she is going off to a better place where she won't be in pain. When her time comes of course.

I,ll have to make a similar decision as well,..i can't think of anything worse really,..we have to put the years of happiness and great memories that we have had together 1rst and remember them always ,...at this point i say to myself if i was in my pets place i would not want to suffer , i had a good life ,. it,s time to go in peace.,..i have made this tough choice more than once , and it hurts every time.....do what your heart tells you.

You've got me in tears hon, sending long-distance hugs ♥♥♥

If the day comes that I have to make such a decision for our Shamwow I don't know if I'll be able to handle it. I really don't.

It sucks Judy, but if the dog is hurting that much you know what you have to do. It is much kinder than prolonging the pain and discomfort of the animal.

I'm so sorry.

thank you all, we are trying a pain killer for a few days and see if the legs get any better in the process. She really is our 1st baby, we have had her since she was 10 weeks. She is a smart, loving and loyal dalmatian.

:twohugs: I hope the painkillers help some. I'm sorry you're going through this.

I know how hard it is. I've had to face my own animals' mortality lately. And I often have clients ask me "how do I know when it's time." There's no good answer - only you can decide. And honestly, you'll know. She'll look at you with those eyes that just seem to beg for release. When the bad days outnumber the good days and when you can't stand to watch her try to make it through, you'll make the ultimate, most loving decision you can. Euthanasia is a gift, the final one we can give our faithful furry companions. My heart goes out to you and yours... If you need help or have any questions, PM me hon.

Sorry you are going through this hun. :( I hope the painkillers help. I will keep you and Misty in my thoughts and prayers.

My family has been in that situation with 2 of our dogs and it's the worst. So sorry you've come near this point. :(

As my dad has always said, though, the animal lets you know when it's time. For our last dog, it was her limping around and not responding to drugs, and her shitting in the house every other day. She wasn't able to function normally, and my parents knew it wasn't going to get any better. Such a hard thing to decide.

I was fortunate, and unfortunate, to have been away when my mother had to make this decision about my dog years ago. It's one of the reasons I have never been able to think of having another pet in my life. My condolences, Judy. It is, as Derek, Deb, and others say, unfortunately necessary to consider. That doesn't remove the pain when it must be done. :(

We got "lucky" with Benji. The heart attack that took him was very sudden and resulted in a fall that broke his neck. It was over inside of two minutes...though it was a difficult two minutes, resting my head against his while gently petting him and calmly telling him it was okay and to just go to sleep. We didn't have a choice. With Willow, we thought we'd need to make that decision a while back. But, our wonderful vet went above and beyond to save him. He's got some issues again now. But, he's fairly healthy considering everything. It will definately be a hard one when his time comes.

I don't envy you with Misty. I hate watching any creature suffer. You guys are in my thoughts.

reflecting on my dog's life this morning, Misty our lovable dalmation will be 15 years old in 2 weeks. She has had a long happy life with us. Lately she is falling on her behind a lot and cries at night. She pees sometimes on herself and a lot in the house, she has trouble going up and down the stairs. She still ea...ts ok but sleeps most of the time. It is heartbreak to know when it is time.

My thoughts and sympathies go out to you on this. As cruel as it sounds, you are making the right decision, even though it may not feel right. I have been where you are now and for me it was a hard decision to make as well. But my thought were always for my dogs first.

Feel free to pc or pm me anytime to talk.

hey judy,
its one of the hardest things to make a decision on, but from experience, both profesionally and personally, i think desdemona said it best. i've also had to do the same with heather's cat last year, who lived to the great age of almost 19!! it didn't make it any easier but we knew it was more than past her time. you have my heart and my love, judy. be strong for your pup.

After reading this tread I had to go and hug my dog. I hope all works out with the pain killer treatment and if you have to make the hard decision, I hope you can take comfort in knowing you are doing an ultimate act of love for your pet even though it is so upsetting. Best of luck to you.

I have to second the thought that one very sad day, both you and your friend will know when it's time to say goodbye. Saying Goodbye to Truman was HARD.
The hardest day of having a pet is ALWAYS the last one; it's so unjust that animals don't live long enough to grow old w/ us but their job, important as it is, takes only a short time to complete.
Animals teach us loyalty, responsibility, sacrifice and, most importantly, Love. An important job like that could ONLY be accomplished by the love and innocence of animals
and we are so much richer for whatever time we're allowed w/ them. I hope for the best.
Good Luck

I'm so sorry Judy. It's a terrible thing to go through. I'll pray
for Misty's pain, and yours, to be eased.

thank you all...update, Misty seemed like she was really hurting, now the pain meds seem to have helped quite a bit, she is back being the spoiled dog I raised! I don't know how much longer but as long as she seems to be ok we will take a a dog wag at a time! I have to get one of her good pictures and post, she is a beauty!

What's New

5/17/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip location!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back