• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The "Exhilarating Word" Game

"Sanguinary" actually means war-like, belligerent or likely to end in bloodshed.

Asinine means stupid in a very basic way, without any rationality or common sense. Pouring straight hot water on your car windows to clear the ice from them is a bit silly; pouring cold water on them would be asinine. It more literally means "donkey-like" >_<

Mu

Mu- the 12th letter of the Greek Alphabet

(I'm an Sigma Alpha Iota!)

Next word:

Ophicleide

Mu- the 12th letter of the Greek Alphabet

(I'm an Sigma Alpha Iota!)

Next word:

Ophicleide

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XUS-NJ8nSnI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XUS-NJ8nSnI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

^ One o' dems. Deformed tuba/ saxophone thing. I'm going to admit to not knowing that one until I wikiped'd it >_<

Passerine

Ahh...a musical word. Better get to this before Mel does. :)

A hemidemisemiquaver is a Sixty-fourth note.

Oblique (Not too hard, I just love the word)

Obscure, difficult, tangental... sort of thing. It's also a term used to describe angles greater than 90 degrees (if I remember my geometery lessons :-O) and it's also the first part of a name for an abdominal muscle.

Peshmerga.

A creation of a word for what it sounds like, such as boom or swish.

Eleemosynary.

A person who survives on hand-outs from others, like the old friars in mediaeval times.

Shemhamphorasch

If I remember the religious teaching crammed down my throat in my childhood days, this has something to do with the numerous true names of God or something. Was there not supposed to be some "magic formula" or some such related to a number that represents God's true name?

Hyperrelativity

This is prolly very wrong, but damn you picked a hard one, it wasn't one you could just go cut and paste a definition for, but i did lots of super fun learning stuff:

E.V=Mc2

A theory that expands/encompasses the general theory of relativity making room for higher speeds/volumes of energy such as the speed of light. Essentially, Hyper-Relativity is bowl of milk in which the general relativity cheerios float around in. :D How's that for a girl answer.

Antidisestablishmentarianism

Crap, i forgot he was still logged in.. neat, i turned goth into a nerd :D

Scrofula is a type of tuberculosis that affects the lymph nodes.

BTW, I was wondering about "Goth's" answer to the hyperrelativity question! HA! :triangle: And I love the "bowl of milk/Cheerios" explanation. Couldn't have said it better my own self! ;)

Erudite

A made-up word coined by Cambridge students to be the longest word in the English language xD

Bricolage

A made-up word coined by Cambridge students to be the longest word in the English language xD

Kinda
The true definition of the word is: The action or habit of judging something to be worthless.

to make something from whatever is lying around

absquatulate

There's a colloquial meaning to the word that, honestly, I either cannot remember or just don't know. However, it also is another word for dying.

Ok, here's one just to piss you all off. One that everyone knows but is very difficult to easily define off the top of your head.

Is

Thanks for joining in David!

Next time don't forget to post a new word with your definition though silly!

Ok next word:

Cavernous

Thanks for joining in David!

Next time don't forget to post a new word with your definition though silly!

Ok next word:

Cavernous

Large and spacious area I think. Its been a while since school for me. lol

My all time favourite: "Monofluorophosphate" :xpulcy:

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back