• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The "Exhilarating Word" Game

The tendency of the human mind to create absurdities to explain that which it is not able to comprehend, or the absurdities (gods, other planes of existence etc.) created thus, I think... or is it an adjective rather than a noun? :-o

Not particularly obtruse but one of my favourite words evaire: Triskadekaphobia.

Ochlocracy is the rule of the masses. Otherwise known as Mob Rule. Close to the "Anarchy" all the pierced kids think they want until there's no one to come save them when the bad guys come and steal their stuff and haul off their girlfriends. :triangle:

Hmmm...how about a sports term that sounds cool?

Hat Trick

In football and hockey it's one player scoring three goals in one match, in rugby it's one player scoring three tries in one match. In cricket a hat-trick is taking 3 wickets off 3 consecutive balls.

Onanism.

Implied, innate, naturally or logically present.

Quisling (bonus points for the etymology)

Isnt it betrayer or traitor.

and for the bonus I know it has something to do with someone that helped germany take a country or something in WWII i cant remember the country.

spoonerism

Swapping the first syllable of words in a phrase, for example "fight the liar" for "light the fire".

Parapraxis

Thank heaven for the small Jewish part of my family that married in! A klezmer is a Jewish musician that usually performs at weddings with a group of some sort. At least...I think that's what it is....

Aplomb

An incorrect choice of words. Usually it refers to the misuse of nouns, but not always.

Dysplasia

It is an abnormal growth of cells. Like Hip Dysplasia in dogs the hip socket grows abnormally and be loose causing damage to connective tissues.

Fibromyalgia

A condition of chronic pain affecting the muscles and causing extreme fatigue.

Sacrosanct

above criticism or interference

obfuscate

Last edited:
To intentionally make something difficult to understand. One of my favorite T-shirts is my "Eschew Obfuscation" one...always gets looks. ;)

Elkind

Actually, elkind is a rarely-used English word relating to a person's surname.

Hmm..I'm gonna guess that SCSI is some form of computer language?

Arpeggio

Small Computer System Interface it is a standard for transferring data between storage device and system board.

and Arpeggio is when notes are played or sung in succession instead of together.

Vibrato

Small and rapid variations in pitch that create a "pulsing" effect in a voice or instrument.

Feedback

The return of a portion of the output of a process or system to the input, especially when used to maintain performance or to control a system or process.

BIOS

Basic Input Output System....the primary controls and functions of a computer system.

Eldrich

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back