• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Thread Bumping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Otherwise, I don't suppose the idea of making a rule against complaining about bumping threads would ever be seriously considered?

Personally, I believe that someone should have every right to complain about someone bumping threads, just as I should have the right to tell them why it's ridiculous that they're complaining.

Personally, I believe that someone should have every right to complain about someone bumping threads, just as I should have the right to tell them why it's ridiculous that they're complaining.

Signed.

So do I. My comment was intended tongue in cheek. Maybe I don't always use enough "smilies." But I do find such complaints obsessive and tedious.

So do I. My comment was intended tongue in cheek. Maybe I don't always use enough "smilies." But I do find such complaints obsessive and tedious.

Without complaints systems tend not to change and grow. Unless a system is perfect to start with, complaints are an important part of its existence.

Without complaints systems tend not to change and grow. Unless a system is perfect to start with, complaints are an important part of its existence.

Agreed. It's important to raise queries about stuff. But this point is fairly innocuous, considering the forum has the tools to show the most recently posted videoclips, if that's what you want.

Agreed. It's important to raise queries about stuff. But this point is fairly innocuous, considering the forum has the tools to show the most recently posted videoclips, if that's what you want.

Until reading this thread I didn't know there was an option to view by start date, as I had never looked for it. That makes most of this thread moot. While I personally don't agree with thread bumping by either enterprising producers or out of date fans, at least I won't have to deal with it anymore.

Also agreed. But I think it's also obvious that some complaints are much more warranted and/or more "serious" than others, as a number of responses in this threads have suggested. Again, I never seriously meant to suggest that complaints not be allowed, but was only stating my own opinion about the importance of this one.

Until reading this thread I didn't know there was an option to view by start date, as I had never looked for it. That makes most of this thread moot. While I personally don't agree with thread bumping by either enterprising producers or out of date fans, at least I won't have to deal with it anymore.

I've been aware of that option for awhile, and it's one reason that, like Artoo, I consider this issue an "innocuous" one. But I suppose it's possible that such forum options might be made note of in some way as to make them more apparent to those who haven't either stumbled on them by chance or read about them in a previous similar thread, as I did, although I admit that offhand I'm not sure what to suggest as to where or how to post this information in such a way as to make it more easily noticed by everyone. Although, if it isn't already, perhaps it could be added as part of a "sticky" thread to the particular forum in question here and/or any of the others?

Also agreed. But I think it's also obvious that some complaints are much more warranted and/or more "serious" than others, as a number of responses in this threads have suggested. Again, I never seriously meant to suggest that complaints not be allowed, but was only stating my own opinion about the importance of this one.

I've been aware of that option for awhile, and it's one reason that, like Artoo, I consider this issue an "innocuous" one. But I suppose it's possible that such forum options might be made note of in some way as to make them more apparent to those who haven't either stumbled on them by chance or read about them in a previous similar thread, as I did, although I admit that offhand I'm not sure what to suggest as to where or how to post this information in such a way as to make it more easily noticed by everyone. Although, if it isn't already, perhaps it could be added as part of a "sticky" thread to the particular forum in question here and/or any of the others?

Yeah I can't think of a good way to spread the info around, though if I had to guess I would say that most forum members don't know that they can view threads by date posted.

So now that everyone knows how to avoid viewing bumped threads, can we chill out and stop with the name calling? I have bumped threads before but I don't believe I'm notorious for it. Clips disappear off the front few pages quickly, and I've noticed that bumping threads occasionally attracts more people who didn't even know that my company existed. Hell, there were people who have never seen or heard about my clips with Amber (which were from February) until I bumped a thread a few days ago.

Wait ... what do you mean by "behind us"? :rainbow:

I mean this;

Rafiki: It doesn't matter; it's in the past! (manic laugh)
Simba: Yeah but it still hurts...
Rafiki: Oh, yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it!

Yeah I can't think of a good way to spread the info around, though if I had to guess I would say that most forum members don't know that they can view threads by date posted.

Okay, now we're talking. So much for the flame-free forum. I would hope that if we were all sitting around a table together, this discourse would be have been more civil. All the sarcasm and smart remarks didn't help. Anyway, it is much ado about nothing, but the original poster had a simple point. It should be obvious that those who agree with the bumping issue didn't know about the option to sort by date--this forum software doesn't work like many others.

My complaint is about one particular producer. I do read most posts, even if they are replies, because there is often good, relevant, or entertaining commentary. However, say there is a hypothetical producer named Tickle Movie Sauna. Imagine you see a new post to one of their topics. Being busy, you don't check the original posting date, and you click on it. Then you find that the penultimate post was something like "she has a nice bellybutton," to which the producer himself replied, six months later, "so what did you like about her bellybutton?" To paraphrase Chandler from Friends, could this bump BE any more transparent? Thanks for wasting our time dude. My memory doesn't work like it once did, and I forgot that I checked out this preview SIX MONTHS AGO.

Again, this is not a world-ending issue. I have plenty of other issues on my mind. This topic gave me the opportunity to find out if this annoys the heck out of other people as well, or if I am alone with my little pet peeve. Apparently, few people share this annoyance, so I'll let it ride; but I am glad that several got the opportunity to share their skills at sarcasm, wit, and condesension.

So, in the end, I learned that there is a way to change the forum view, thus the issue is obviated. I also learned to hesitate again before posting, since I see how people are treated.

TT

I also learned to hesitate again before posting, since I see how people are treated.

TT

I'm not following. How were you treated that has made you hesitant to post?

No one flamed you, or badly made fun of you *glares at Artoo, Zen, TKLMAN, etc*

We were all having an open discussion. We're all not going to agree; it's inevitable. It's what makes the forum go-round. That shouldn't discourage you from posting.

No one flamed you, or badly made fun of you *glares at Artoo, Zen, TKLMAN, etc*

I believe we were making fun of my post, where I asked if we could stop the name calling. The OP did call me an ignorant money grubbing loudmouth.

My issues with thread bumping have been mostly resolved, but I was bored and felt like gatheirng some data on it.

At around 2:40 this after noon, of the 25 clips on the first page of the clips forum:

9 (36%) had a posting gap of at least 3 months

2 of those gaps were 3-4 months
2 of the gaps were 7 months
the other 5 were over a year

Just wanted to give people a picture of the situation.

... but I am glad that several got the opportunity to share their skills at sarcasm, wit, and condesension.

Denouncing sarcasm WITH sarcasm. Bravo , my good man. :clap:

Just wanted to give people a picture of the situation.

Yes.

Indeed.

A situation most dire , this "thread bumping".

We must not let its evil spread any longer!

Storm the palace!!!

I'm not following. How were you treated that has made you hesitant to post?

Hi, thanks for your thoughtful response, instead of making a troll call as others do. Well, we've beat this idea to death and the original issue has been rectified, sort of, but since you asked...

Some of the responses were to the idea in general, some specific to the OP, and some (such as yours) quoted my words in particular.

I was well aware of how to search backwards through pages, which I do once per day, every day, on this forum. E-mail is one-dimensional and lacks tone of voice and facial expressions, so I may have taken your post as more smart-ass than it was meant to be. In any case, it didn't help. I can't speak for the OP, but my issue was with the constant empty bumping of one particular vendor (where "empty bumping" would be defined as replying to a post with useless info, long after the thread is stale, for the sole purpose of bumping it). To me, this is selfish behavior, unfair to other producers, and is not in the spirit of what forums are about. The producer makes good work, deserves as much publicity as any other, and I would imagine has the right to post as much new material as he wants. I would submit, however, that the fact his bumping posts stand out in my mind as irritating and insulting to my intelligence must be a sign that this person is a self-bumper far in excess of anyone else. It's not about the number of posts, per se, as many have assumed; but rather an issue of a person's seemingly transparent self-aggrandizement.

And again, it is really a minor issue and this whole thread has gone off-message. I thought I'd bring it up to see if anyone else agreed; and maybe I'm being too sensitive, but I feel I've been shouted down when simple statements of disagreement would have sufficed. I just feel that I didn't say anything deserving of the responses I got. As far as the person who said to "get over myself," whatever that means, I'm not under myself, so that act would not be possible.

So, thanks again for the preceding response, and I hope we can agree to disagree peacefully.

I hate to drag threads out (yeah, I know, I just did it; so I contradict myself--I am large, I contain multitudes), thus if you feel the need to respond again, you are always welcome to PM.

Yours truly,
TT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Door 44 Productions
What's New

6/17/2024
Visit Door 44 Productions for ticklign clips! Details in the D44 box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back